A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clean-Along Its time for a major cleanup and redo- Post Your Own Pics  (Read 34386 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wendy-bird
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2009 03:29:09 PM »

I'm in the middle of trying to clean up my own room :\
I'm trying to use the fact that I plan on moving out in a month as an incentive to get rid of stuff now before it can infect the new space, but it is also making me lazy, thinking that I can just do it then. Ugh. I don't even have anywhere to put my sewing stuff, which is my main craft (and what I study in school)!
This is the mess I'm dealing with:

We should make a chat room and give each other supportive words.
Peace and Love and Good Luck everyone!

EDIT:
This is what I WISH my room looked like. I'm using it as my computer background to inspire me to go clean Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009 03:31:09 PM by wendy-bird » THIS ROCKS   Logged

artist.nerd.musiclover
wanna-be graphic designer

"Peace, love, and math!" ~David Krumholtz

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2009 07:43:45 PM »

That room is so cute! 

My goal is to get rid of as much stuff as possible.  I definitely want to get rid of my dresser, and can't wait to start (once my dad's done with my brother's room!)   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoreLove
MOM/photographer/wife/sister/daughter/CRAFTER!

Crafting to keep Sane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2009 10:20:07 PM »

oh man,  looking through this makes me want to clean up my room and craft space even more.  and get people over here to abuse my craft stash.  i have alot of paper and paper and paper and fabric and paper.  did i mention paper?  boxes of it and other crafty tid-bits i picked up over the years.  i need to get them gone gone gone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's the Quiet ones you have to watch out for.  They truly know what is going on.

see my  etsy!  http://www.hookedandtangled.etsy.com
SkyyAngel
« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2009 10:29:11 PM »

Well, my husband has ruined my nice and beautiful (ORGANIZED!!) craft room with his junk. Now it's piled up with boxes and military gear and I can barely step 3 feet into **MY** room.  Angry  Maybe I should speak to the apartment management about putting a key lock on the bedroom door....

So I guess I'm headed back to participate in this thread again.  Wink

I'm also planning a garage sale for sometime next month so that will definitely help in clearing out the clutter and mess. I still need to go through a BUNCH of clothing and do the keep/sell/toss thing (although since joining craftster and seeing all the reconned stuff it is SO much harder to toss/sell things because I've seen what can be done with them).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
missgabbielynn

Dance like no one is watching!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #204 on: June 03, 2009 12:25:21 PM »

I have gotten some great ideas for decorating and organization by reading this thread!  Thanks to everyone!!

We are currently painting upstairs so we can move bedrooms up there.  Then the largest bedroom downstairs will become my craft room!  YEAH!!!  So I am grabbing ideas and can't wait to show you all what I am doing when I have pics.

missgabbielynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2009 11:04:29 PM »

I thought I would post a little update, I think my office was probably one of the worst on here, but i've been working diligently the past few months to not only get better organized but to eliminate things that I know I  really shouldn't have around anymore and get my space to where it is workable space and not just a mess.  It'll never be that office that makes people drool because of how cute it is but it's getting to where I can proudly say it's workable space.  I have a full floor too but I still have a few more things to do in the room before I take completed pictures of my space.

This is my beading area and misc. craft area.  Below the table used to house fabrics, now it houses the sewing machines and sergers that I don't use as frequently  I still have some fiddly stuff in the boxes there that you can see and it actually looks better now than it does when I took this photo

and this is my sewing desk I still have 2 more ribbon rods to hang above it was definitely picture worthy because I'm so proud of my hard work lol

I'll post a few more photos hopefully later this week, I'm in the home stretch for being where I want to be
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
rainbowmeow
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2009 09:27:09 AM »

Jealous!  I think it's cute!  I've always avoided buying ribbon, but I really like how you have yours set up.  I might give it a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artist.nerd.musiclover
wanna-be graphic designer

"Peace, love, and math!" ~David Krumholtz

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 01, 2009 08:05:58 PM »

Okayyy, so I made two lists originally.  Some has gotten done, some has not.  Here's what was on the lists, what I've done, what I've changed, and what progress I have made.

Clean out all of Gregs stuff (yay!)    
...Eh, this isn't all done yet because now he's in the living room for a room
Vacuum floor
Put music on!            
Move furniture              
Wash sheets and make bed
Organize closet
--Once I get my bookshelf unit, this will be a lot better.
Organize dresser
Organize desk
Organize mantle
Get stuff at IKEA
Put stuff together from IKEA & set it up
Clean windows
Organize under bed
...Hahaha...about that.
Set up Macbook and printer at desk
Decorate bulletin board and hang back up
...This will be fun to do.

I also still need to take pics so you can see the "after" of the before and after! Cheesy

So I guess that I've been slacking.  Hopefully I can get a bunch done tonight to take pics of what's done so far to show some of my progress.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009 09:46:07 PM by artist.nerd.musiclover » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lorchick
Obsessive Compulsive

; p

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2009 07:06:14 PM »

I actually just blogged a messypic the other day!
http://onthelaundryline.blogspot.com/2009/07/wip-officecraft-room.html
My to do list:
-go through fabric and refashions and organize (CHECK! wasn't all done in the blog post, but it is now!)
-get those boxes of crud off the floor (CHECK! but okay, they're just moved, not emptied)
-empty the boxes one at a time
-do some actual decorating in that room
-do some rearranging and make a reading tent corner for my 2 yr old
-find an L desk so I can have a bills/business/computer side and a craft side
-organize the second bookshelf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have sixtybillion more ideas than actual completed projects. Blog stalker, fast talker, slow walker!
I am lorchick of ON{thelaundry}LINE blog.
Smell the flowers, kill the bugs, laugh at your mistakes, and hide the laundry! Cheesy
witchcrafty
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2009 11:41:07 AM »

Hi all! I just finished re-organizing my craft room this week. I wish I had "before" photos, alas I do not. Needless to say everything was piled up on the floor so you couldn't even walk into the room. I was also sewing on a cheap plastic table that felt like sewing in an earthquake! My fabric was stuffed into the wire crate rack willy-nilly.

My inspiration for getting this done was a Craigslist sewing desk score for $40. Let me tell you, when I got that thing in my car, I thought the seller got the better end of the deal. Their many cats were living with it in their garage for several years. It stank of cat urine and cats in general. I'm not a cat hater, just allergic! Needless to say I drove with the windows down and wiped it with vinegar several times.

After a week of sanding, priming, painting, and drilling I got it looking pretty cute. I decided to redo my craft room in black, white, with a dash of hot pink thrown in there for spice. My goal was to use what I had, and keep my budget under $100, which included the paint, knobs, etc. for the desk plus a few more containers.

As the desk is pretty much open all the time, I had to brace one side. I swiped a filing cabinet drawer from my hubby's office. It's that particle slick wood covering on the drawers, so I covered the drawer fronts with Cricut Vinyl to match the room. I didn't think it would work to prime and paint them. I stacked some heavy Gnome and Fairy books on top of the filing cabinet as a brace, and wah-lah, no more tilted work surface.

The hard part about this room is there's a huge attic access in the corner, so I can't have any shelves of depth on that wall. I put my Wall 'O' Containers under the attic door which all can be moved easily or rolled out of the way.

To finish this room my to do list is:

1) make a black and white curtain for the window using fabric I already have
2) hang globe light in the corner for some extra work lighting

There's probably more, but I haven't come to it yet.

My next big project is making over a huge secretary desk for our living room. It's been sitting in our garage for a year.

sewing stash

over the door

vintage purse collection decorating the wall that's attic access

theifed filing drawers, upcycled with Cricut vinyl to match room

Wall 'O' Containers part 1

Wall 'O' Containers part 2 with closed cabinet

Crafty bookshelf with stamps and ink storage

Inside the cabinet is bead storage, photos, and small crafts like embroidery

BEFORE sewing desk - still smellin' pretty foul

AFTER sewing desk - sweet and clean!

Lamp needs to be hung and I need to figure out a desk chair other than the one from my kitchen!

I can tell you I went in my room many times and sat for an hour feeling overwhelmed on where to start. It shuts you down, the clutter. Be brave, work in small installments, one thing at a time. For me it was putting embellishments in containers like baby food jars. Then I could move onto other things. Keep it going! You can do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

From handmaiden to handmade.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ken Burns on Technological Advances in Filmmaking
Ken Burns on Overcoming Filmmaking Obstacles
Ken Burns on “The National Parks”
Ken Burns on How the Film Shapes the Filmmaker
Henry Selick on Coraline Production
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...