A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clean-Along Its time for a major cleanup and redo- Post Your Own Pics  (Read 36092 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2009 01:11:26 PM »

Well my craft room looks better, so does my bedroom. Closet still needs help. pics soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
SkyyAngel
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2009 04:50:50 PM »

Woot! We're picking up the keys on Saturday for our new apartment and the movers are showing up next Friday. I'll finally be able to post in this thread again. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
le_coiffeur04
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2009 08:27:08 PM »

Hi I thought I would jump in again! I have been talking about cleaning my bedroom for like 2 years. The bottom of my closet was overflowing with my yarn and fabric stash. I had tons of books to get rid of and clothes and crap Everywhere. I just decided one day last month to tackle it. First I took tons of stuff to the consignment store and organized my stash. It was amazing that I had room for all my yarn once it was put away well. Then we had to take the ugly wallpaper down...Scary but had to be done. The redecorating Gods were smiling on me and the wallpaper came off in huge sheets. Then we painted a tan color and followed with a burnt umber colorwash. This was our first time faux finishing so we watched a ton of stuff about it on YouTube. Anyway I was amazed it looked so good for our first try. We hung up the hubby's guitars and I got some cheap posters on line. I found the duvet cover in the back of my closet, I had bought it for 12 bucks at Kohl's! That and the tapestry was the inspiration for the room. I'm just happy its not a mess anymore. We have kept it clean....so far. I am kinda a messy person and I like to make piles of stuff. Thanks for checking it out!!!!

Before!!! The space behind the bed is FULL of clothes, yarn and my long lost crochet books. Stuff would fall on us when we were uhhhh sleeping Wink

This is clean and I almost stopped there but decided it was time to stop talking about redecorating and just do it.

This is the cleanest my room has ever been in my entire life.

Good shot of the colorwash and my hubbys guitars

And lastly the inspiration! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blue Rose
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2009 01:23:13 AM »

Wow I really like how your walls turned out!

Why do you have the bed at an angle? don't you have a whole unusable corner behind the headboard now? Wasted space or easy corners to throw/hide stuff in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lody
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2009 05:27:13 AM »

Wow I really like how your walls turned out!

Why do you have the bed at an angle? don't you have a whole unusable corner behind the headboard now? Wasted space or easy corners to throw/hide stuff in?

This is not my room, but I know personally the more floor space I have, the more mess I leave around and the longer it takes to clean up, so in my opinion having the bed at an angle is a great idea to keep mess away!

The new room looks really gorgeous, very "interior design" but with enough personal stuff to not look like a hotel room with the guitars and such Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like penguins, stars, rainbows and blue.
If your project has any of these, don't be surprised to see me post in it! Cheesy
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2009 06:13:11 AM »

Oh I love it! What did you use for the walls? That's how I want my walls to look in our attic that we are redoing and I have no idea out to achieve that! PLEASE share the secret LOL! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
le_coiffeur04
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2009 06:25:21 AM »

Thanks Guys!  We put our bed at an angle because we have a pretty large room and I really like how it looks. It was a mess back there before we cleaned but its a goal to keep it clean. Right now we have some old electronic equipment hiding.  The paint on the walls is Valspar Colorwash from Lowe's. Valspar has a little colorwash demo on their website but we learned more from searching colorwash on YouTube.  We bought base color about $21, glaze $13, colorwash brush $7 and used some old tee shirts. It was very easy and we had so much fun. I think anybody should try it and it really was not that expensive to do. They have quite a few colors of glaze to choose from and you pick any color of paint you want. You don't have to buy the valspar base color but I was antsy and wanted it right then or I would have gone for 12 dollar walmart paint lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkladymajesta
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2009 06:13:53 PM »

Some awesome transformations here! I had my room somewhat cleaned after I moved in, but I couldn't find anything. And then school started back up again and I just started tossing stuff everywhere (no time to organize I kept telling myself) well, now I can barely move in here and I gotta do something! So I am posting a before photo to hopefully motivate myself.

Proof this room was at one time clean:

And how it was a few days ago:

It looks much better now, but I have to actually work at my art desk to finish a project that is due on Tuesday at 8am O.O I am probably not going to sleep for the next 48 hours. And it will probably be really messy again soon >.> crafts class can do that to a room. Am I the only person that procrastinates by cleaning? When I have a paper due my room/home is the cleanest it has ever been  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dip_n_dot
T.L.D.G*

Skate & Destory

« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2009 06:52:07 PM »

sorry for bad cell phone pics!

The craft/office part of the apartment...which kinda blends into the living room kitchen in my tiny 550 sq ft apartment.

While I was going through everything.

where the small beading collection I have goes

The Yarn stash..

even more hiding..

some of the scrap booking and other random craft stuff in an vintage make up case

an old make up box I am using to hold paints

polymer clay stash inside a large caboodle

FINISHED!

The place where all my craft supplies are stored

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist<3
i <3 Personal Swaps!

Crochet Challenge go vote!
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2009 08:15:46 PM »

Wow! That's incredible
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Fade Effect in Photoshop
How to Copy and Paste in Photoshop
How to Create a Lightsaber in Photoshop
How to Change Hair Color in Photoshop
How to Create a Stencil in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...