A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,911
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clean-Along Its time for a major cleanup and redo- Post Your Own Pics  (Read 37459 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dannispring240
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2008 05:56:36 PM »

Progress has been made! ^_^

Its been a long, tiring, and sweaty day.
My sister helped me with moving the furniture. =D (I love her!)

clean up floor by the computer desk
clear off desk
move desk
move bed
clean up floor
clear off tv stand
move tv stand
move desk into final place
reassemble tv stand
reassemble desk
clean off art desk
get rid of wrapping paper

purchase cubes
assemble cubes
move yarn box to cube
purchase  poster board
organize fabric to poster board
put fabric in cube shelving
buy bin
place scraps in bin
place bin in cube
take down pirates poster
take down bulletin board
Measure for cork board
buy cork board
put up cork board
assemble cork board
buy drapes
buy drapery rods
put up rods
put up drapes
move iHome
move shelf
reassemble iHome
buy wooden letters
paint letters
buy ribbon
add ribbon to letters
hang letters
take down cry baby
buy frames
frame art
hang art
take out all clothing from closet
take out all shoes
take out all bags
put back items that dont belong in closet
go through clothing
hang all kept clothing
make note of clothing to add
buy hanging shoe bag
place bags on shoe bag
place body forms in closet
replace shoes
wash mirrors
make bed
vacuum
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
Kaiser Scissorhands

Why am I sticky & naked? Did I miss something fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2008 01:46:34 AM »

I need to get in on this. I'm getting married in September and in the next month quite litereally everyone and their mother will be wandering through our apartment. I did the kitchen (mostly) today.

The list:

1. Control the laundry, preferably in a more long term way.
2. Clean living room, make use of our wall of expedit shelving.
3. Organize the wedding corner.
4. Locate the floor in guest/craft/office room. Heavy on the craft part.
5. bring shelves over from old house. Put one in front hall closet. Put other in craft closet and organize the fabric stash.
6. Vacuum.
7. Fix bed (It squeaks because we lost a piece of hardware in our last move.)
8. Profit.

I'll post pictures when I get home from work in the AM.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
dannispring240
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2008 01:46:56 PM »

My sisters went back home yesterday, so I was able to go to the store this afternoon.
Things are going slow, but they are going. =]

clear off desk
move desk
move bed
clean up floor
clear off tv stand
move tv stand
reassemble tv stand
reassemble desk
clean off art desk

purchase cubes
assemble cubes
move yarn box to cube
purchase  poster board
buy bin
place scraps in bin
place bin in cube
take down pirates poster
take down bulletin board
Measure for cork board
buy cork board
put up cork board
assemble cork board
buy drapes
buy drapery rods
put up rods
put up drapes
move iHome
move shelf
reassemble iHome
buy wooden letters
paint letters
buy ribbon
add ribbon to letters
hang letters
take down cry baby
buy frames
frame art
hang art
take out all shoes
take out all bags
go through clothing
hang all kept clothing
buy hanging shoe bag
place bags on shoe bag
replace shoes
wash mirrors
make bed
vacuum
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

dannispring240
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2008 06:05:21 PM »

I look having my fabric on shelves!!!!  Grin

I cant wait to for me to be finished! ^_^
I think I'm going to work on my closet tomorrow

clear off desk
move desk
move bed
clean up floor
clear off tv stand
move tv stand
reassemble tv stand
reassemble desk
clean off art desk

purchase cubes
assemble cubes
move yarn box to cube

purchase  poster board

buy bin
place scraps in bin
place bin in cube
take down pirates poster

take down bulletin board
Measure for cork board
buy cork board
put up cork board
assemble cork board
buy drapes
buy drapery rods
put up rods
put up drapes
move iHome
move shelf
reassemble iHome
buy wooden letters
paint letters
buy ribbon
add ribbon to letters
hang letters
take down cry baby
buy frames
frame art
hang art
take out all shoes
take out all bags
go through clothing
hang all kept clothing
buy hanging shoe bag
place bags on shoe bag
replace shoes
wash mirrors
make bed
vacuum
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clarity
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2008 05:21:58 PM »

Wow, that is a long list. I've admired the thread before my room got messy, now I've joined in.. Why? 2 simultaneous swaps and then swap angelling for the swap I organised = no visible carpet.

My "list" was/is as follows:

1) Subtract anything that has not been used for 12 months
2) Tackle each wall/side of the room one at a time (Starting with the walls with shelving is easier and looks much neater in a short time
3) Do not answer calls for the duration unless taking a 10 minute break
4) Do not watch any Movies/ funny shows my friends mentioned except of course The Daily Show
5) Get neat storage boxes and divide up with cardboard, place all paints and crafts into their separate areas in the boxes.
6) Avoid long lunches
7) Give away anything useful but not necessary to Goodwill
Cool Discard garbage /clutter/ might I need that someday items.
9) Smile

So much better.... the Swaptermath (heehee) mess came at the right time as there was so much "stuff" I found I had been looking for and "stuff" I realised I never really needed.

To anyone who is in two minds or just a little lazy.... do it today, you'll feel relaxed, better and free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dannispring240
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2008 10:41:13 PM »

This is all thats left!!  Grin

take down bulletin board
move iHome
move shelf
reassemble iHome
buy frames
frame art
hang art
wash mirrors
make bed
vacuum
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008 10:42:47 PM by dannispring240 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2008 09:41:08 PM »

Ooh awesome! Everyone's so inspiring as usual.  Grin

I've been working off and on with re-organizing and cleaning my craft room for a couple months now. For some reason when I go to clean other parts of the house, my craft room attracts the odds and ends from those areas. The more I clean everything else, the messier *MY* room gets.  Roll Eyes

I've done some stuff since I've taken these photos but here's the befores:

Yes, that is an elephant with a penis on my bookshelf... ignore him.  Cheesy

My *very* tiny and cluttered craft room has even less space because I have to share it with the dryer. *sigh* I can't wait till we move.

Now I'm off to complain to my husband about how *I* got stuck with the crappy small room when his office is 3 times the size of mine with half the stuff... again.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SkyyAngel
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2008 08:44:30 AM »

So here's my updated photos. Still have some straightening up to do though but nowhere NEAR the mess there was. Smiley

The dryer just inside the door. Stuffed animals, a shelf that's supposed to go in a bathroom hidden under them and most of my cross-stitch patterns organized into binders and presentation books. Also a few larger books that don't fit in my bookcase in the hallway.

My new pretty metal shelving (I still have a whole 'nuther section I'm going to buy that won't get put into use before we move but will be ready when we set up at the new place -- that hopefully has a larger room for me). Top shelf is collapsible stacking crates (4 Euro a piece!) with various bits of clothing that are slated to be recycled/upcycled into other things. Next shelf down is 95% of my scrapbooking supplies minus the photos and memorabilia. Middle shelf is the rest of my cross-stitch/embroidery stuff, patterns, floss, etc.The gold bag hanging there is holding extra hoops and q-snaps.

Next shelf here is Italian office/school supplies, recipe books, some purses, keychains, Xyron stitcker machine and refill... just various junk really. Bottom shelf is American office/school supplies, sewing patterns and a scrapbook luggage piece filled with photo frames and other stuff normally hung on the walls but stored for now until we actually have some place I can use nails in the wall. Oh yeah, off to the side is a tub of some fun fur fabric stuff, miscellaneous pillow-making fabric junk and I think extra rolls of duct tape. On top is a fleece blanket the kitties like to sleep on, a bolt of muslin, and some tubs with fabric for some quilts I'm planning.

The desk. Still very cluttered but at least you can actually see it this time. The right side with the white shelving (really shoe shelving units stacked) is mostly memorabilia from traveling around, stuffed animal gifts from my best friend, and various office supplies like paper clips, tape, some small notebooks, envelopes, etc. The metal shelving on the left goes like this: top shelf = scrapbooking memorabilia from travels (maps, programs, brochures, ticket stubs... a bunch of crap really) and some glass bottles (a mini collection I'm starting it looks like); middle top shelf = electronic junk/gizmos/manuals/boxes and CDs; middle bottom shelf = travel books; bottom shelf = perfume boxes (I at one time had over 400, now I'm down to only 80 or so) and writing journals. Also there on the desk is my daytimer and my labelmaker.

Saggy bookshelf. Up on top is mostly all sorts of ribbons/trims and a box of buttons (the red one). Top shelf is all my crafting books, a couple magazines and the binders hold all the letters my husband and I have written to each other while he was deployed or in training. Next shelf down is photo albums, photo CD albums, some more glass bottles, a drawer organizer that still needs to be gone through and hiding off on the right are some smaller yearbooks from high school.

Ugly and cheap metal shelving that I despise. Bottom shelf is all my jewelry-making stuff and huge-ass bead collection. Next top shelf still needs to be gone through more thoroughly but is the rest of my scrapbooking stuff, markers, more memorabilia, some buttons, wooden blocks... all sorts of junk really. Very top, the large bin is all leather scraps and my leatherworking tools, black bin is paints and brushes, and the other stuff on top is random junk to be repurposed later.

Behind the door, about half my fabric collection. Yes... it goes from floor to ceiling and is still only half. I'm hating the drawers though, some are stuck and won't open so the drawers on bottom and top still need to be gone through and re-organized again. I'm looking forwards to doing the comic book backboards and folding up my fabric like someone else did here a bit ago. There's some other junk in the corner too like wrapping paper, a bolt of blackout fabric for some curtains I never made, stuff like that.

Here's more of the mess I have to clean still. Back in the corner is more housewares and framed stuff that I can't hang or really put out anywhere. You can see some boxes and stuff I use for mailing to friends/family back home. The metal shelving holds more random crafty junk (soapmaking supplies, craftlace, beer bottle caps, puzzle pieces, feathers, adhesives, patches, etc)

The last bit of clutter. The bookcase behind it has a shelf with all the photos I need to scrapbook, greeting cards from over the years, and old textbooks on the bottom shelf. Yes, there's Harry Potter book 7 still in the original box from amazon.com telling the "muggles" to not open before the release date. I ordered it for my cousin but then found out she had her own copy so now I have two. Figured I'd keep that one in the box and maybe it'll be worth something in a few decades. *shrug* The scrapbooking cart has more scrapbooking stuff, more cross-stitch stuff, more office supply stuff and other junk. I think one of them is still empty though.

So there I am... got a lot done but still a lot more to put away. And I have a large section of the sewing stuff in the living room currently that I have no clue where I'm going to fit back into this tiny-ass room. *sigh*
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008 08:48:39 AM by SkyyAngel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkPug,INK.

*Paper Gangsta*

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2008 12:29:01 PM »

maybe this will finally motivate me to clean up my bedroom...mine & my boyfriend's stuff is all over the place- you can hardly call it a bedroom...& here i am online instead of cleaning...i'm so good at procrastinating!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out "Pugs & Papercrafts", my brand new blog!
http://pinkpugink.blogspot.com/

http://www.PinkPugINK.etsy.com

Pink Pug Wists
http://www.wists.com/PinkPugINK
darkladymajesta
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2008 07:06:36 PM »

Wow skyangel that is a huge collection of stuff. You seem to organize like I do. Hopefully this move will help me get my craft room clean again
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cuts of Meat from the Short Loin
Cuts of Beef from the Rib
Cuts of Beef from the Short Plate
Grades of Beef
Primal Cuts of Meat
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...