A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clean-Along Its time for a major cleanup and redo- Post Your Own Pics  (Read 37373 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2008 08:41:41 AM »

those wire things are only good for really light stuff (ie: yarn, i guess).  they come apart if you try to store serious junk in them.  i know cos i tried.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Kimberly_Star
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2008 08:50:17 AM »

Well, tonight and tomorrow will be spent doing laundry and cleaning up the rest of the house, so I will start on my room on Sat.  I plan on getting through my first three items and then going through the first closet shelf.  Hopefully I'll have time Sunday to go through another shelf or two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkladymajesta
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2008 03:20:17 PM »

WOW! Where did you get them for 6/$15...that sounds like a reasonable price!
That ikea sjhelving system was a work surface you can attach right to the front of it! I thought it was pretty cool!

They are at target! I have stored a lot of stuff in them... but you have to put them together real tight for them to hold up. Even then I wouldn't put too much stuff on them.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Carlafibers
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2008 07:14:21 PM »

Hello, I just posted pictures of my newly clean art/quilt/craft studio at http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/carlas-studio-update/

For the person asking about yarn storage, I posted pics of the IKEA bins I use to store my yarn stash in the link above.  Also, I have a tutorial for the comic book folding and a link about where to find the archival boards for a good price:

My tutorial is at http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com/2008/02/28/fabric-stash-organization-and-tutorial/

Great topic!  It is fun to see how others organize their studios!
Regards,
Carla
White Oak Studio
http:featheredfibers.wordpress.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edud

live by the sleeves of 1989

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2008 05:14:31 AM »

Also, does anyone have a good system for storing their yarn stash?? I don't have a huge one, and if pressed, I could actually get rid of much of it.  But it would be nice to keep some of it--where I can see it and have access to it. 

This is what I'm thinking of for my craft room.  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675

a bit late on the uptake here, but i have that bookshelf (because my books would be more of a mess than my stash) and love it. i have turned it to separate my crafting area from my sleeping area like a pseudo-wall, ie. placing it perpendicular to the wall rather than flat alongside it. that way, you can also store things on both sides. the holes are very deep. i have also seen a yarn store do this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2008 07:54:13 AM »

I used to think it would be impossible to keep anything as clean as I do (and some would not call it clean) but once I got it clean I realized how much faster and easier it was for me to accomplish projects in a clean/organized area. Which means more swaps... which means more fun  Grin If you just give it a try you may never go back.

my husband is slowly 'civilizing' me into some happy medium between "save everything, just in case" (my family's way) and "give away everything you aren't using right now; you can always get another one later" (his family's way)... 
it's too early to know if i will never go back... we have only been married about 3 yrs.  of course if i go TOO far back (think Collyer brothers) he will probably leave (*_*), so... yeah, i will try to find that happy medium.  (^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
dannispring240
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2008 01:00:10 AM »

Darn me!
My sisters have been home this month, so I completely put my cleaning on hold (They live across the country, and I only see them once a year)

But, it was not a total loss; I have thought about my list and realized that it didnt include how I wanted to deocrate, or if my room was going to be re-arranged. So, I wrote a new list! This one seems long, but really its just a bunch of small steps.

clean up floor by the computer desk
clear off desk
move desk
move bed
clean up floor
clear off tv stand
move tv stand
move desk into final place
reassemble tv stand
reassemble desk
clean off art desk
get rid of wrapping paper
purchase cubes
assemble cubes
move yarn box to cube
purchase  poster board
organize fabric to poster board
put fabric in cube shelving
buy bin
place scraps in bin
place bin in cube
take down pirates poster
take down bulletin board
Measure for cork board
buy cork board
put up cork board
assemble cork board
buy drapes
buy drapery rods
put up rods
put up drapes
move iHome
move shelf
reassemble iHome
buy wooden letters
paint letters
buy ribbon
add ribbon to letters
hang letters
take down cry baby
buy frames
frame art
hang art
take out all clothing from closet
take out all shoes
take out all bags
put back items that dont belong in closet
go through clothing
hang all kept clothing
make note of clothing to add
buy hanging shoe bag
place bags on shoe bag
place body forms in closet
replace shoes
wash mirrors
make bed
vacuum
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2008 07:10:43 AM »

I've been keeping checking this string out, kudos to you all! 

That's quite a list, but easier to do being small steps, you'll feel so accomplished crossing stuff off faster Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
silverlining86

*Road Trip Junkie*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2008 09:31:03 AM »

Wow, there are other messy/crafty/hoarding people out there just like me.  I need to get my place organized.  My tiny one bedroom apartment has turned into the nightmare of devouring craft piles, everyone elses' unwanted junk and vintage furniture that I plan to refinish...one day.  I moved in about 7 months ago and still haven't unpacked everything.  The closet where all crafting supplies were supposed to be restricted too has spilled out into every room of my house. I have tons of WIP's just laying around everywhere, and boxes of useless stuff piling up in every corner of my bedroom.  It doesn't help that my sister decided we're having a garage sale and hauled all her stuff over to my tiny apartment.  Now I have messes that don't even belong to me here. I have to get this place cleaned/organized. I'm looking for a house to buy and attempting to move this mess would be a total nightmare.  I work best at night when I get home from work so the plan is to do a little everynight.  Here is my list so far.  Pictures will come later:

Bedroom:

make bed
clean off night stand
take down crib
clean off wire shelves
sort through clothes
move unneeded furniture to storage room
move "garage sale" stuff to storage room
clean  under bed
sort through boxes in corner
GET RID OF STUFF

Living/kitchen

clean computer armoire
clean off dining room table
empty cabinets in entertainment center
clear junk out of cedar chest
sort through front closet
unpack all boxes
sort through fabric
wrap/store fabric
GET RID OF STUFF!

craft closet/bathroom
sort through paper
clean out scrapbooking drawers
clean out scrapbooking bag
organizes clear drawers
throw away what's not needed
GET RID OF STUFF

I'm going to the dollar store today to get various baskets/boxes to start organizing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fashion09
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2008 07:42:18 AM »

Sorry I havent updated in awhile most of my room is clean now except for these huge things of fabric I have but other then that its been pretty good
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Image Rhythm and Balance Part 1/2
How to Create Image Rhythm and Balance Part 2/2
How to Work in Monotone
How to Create an Alternative Star Trail
How to Effectively Use a Shutter Speed
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...