A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,535
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Two Things Combined Swap Gallery  (Read 9405 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyMcGluestick
Propel, propel, propel your craft softly down liquid solution. Ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, existence is simply illusion. -Mr. Rogers

Crafting today for a better tomorrow!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2008 07:15:25 PM »

Super cool swap stuff everyone! I'm jealous; USPS, according to the tracking number, has been holding my package hostage for a week in Virginia. Sad

Ptarmic wumpus, how do you make fabric origami? Is it a bunch of spray starch that makes it so stiff? That's awesome!

Also, I must admit the banana bird truly made me LOL! I love that Cheebs--so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2008 09:07:27 PM »

Super cool swap stuff everyone! I'm jealous; USPS, according to the tracking number, has been holding my package hostage for a week in Virginia. Sad

Never fear!  I live in Virginia and mailed the package there.  I'm sure it's in transit, but hasn't been scanned since I left it at the post office.  I didn't send Priority because of cost related to the length of the box.  Maybe I should have, anyway. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2008 06:25:41 AM »

I love that embroidery, cheebs, it really turned out great and the banana bird is super creative and freaking adorable! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Ms Marple

Granny from birth!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2008 08:11:40 AM »

Great packages everyone!! I particularly love Razberry's mermaid tote and Ptarmic's underwater vest!

I got such a great package from Poppyache, I have serious swap anxiety!!...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2008 10:22:45 PM »

Ptarmic wumpus, how do you make fabric origami? Is it a bunch of spray starch that makes it so stiff? That's awesome!

I used liquid starch, but I think you can use spray starch as well. It is a little trickier than using paper, especially with smaller folds.

That squeaking banana bird is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2008 10:32:34 PM »

I received a great package from jiasaykea today!  She did a fantastic job combining my themes, there was even one item that combined all four themes!

My themes were: ravens, circuitboards/electronics, medieval, and surrealism

A leather pouch/coinpurse, handstitched with a circuitboard snap closure and raven feather design (ravens, circuitboards, medieval)

A nine-mens morris game with gamepieces made out of circuitboard bits and raven designs (on the blue pieces). Nine-mens morris is a board game that was really popular in medieval europe, I've actually played it before but didn't have my own board!  This board is really clever, jiasaykea made it out of fabric so that it rolls up with the game pieces and ties closed.

A tryptich painting combining all four themes: surrealistic style with a medieval lion juggling objects, raven observing strange goings-on in the distance, and castle made out of circuitboards! How fun and creative!

And the special extra item, a raven-circuitboard art piece made on a real circuitboard. The raven figure is made from little shells? glued/painted onto the circuitboard, with keyboard pieces as well. This is my favorite!

Thanks for the wonderful package, jiasaykea!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
jiasaykea
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2008 11:04:26 PM »

I'm so glad you like it. I had a blast with this swap! I entered an OTT swap with themes and ended up combining themes for that swap even though we only needed to craft one theme. Guess I have combining on the brain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are pretty, we are smart, we've got crafting in the heart.

http://www.wists.com/jiasaykea
poppyache
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2008 05:22:06 AM »

oh my goodness i received today and my parcel is everything i could have hoped for and more!!!!!!!! THANKYOU MS MARPLE!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"it is narrow-minded in their more privileged fellow-creatures to say that they ought to confine themselves to making puddings and knitting stockings, to playing on the piano and embroidering bags" Jane Eyre on Women

I guess she might have softened if she'd found crafter...

Smiley
CraftyMcGluestick
Propel, propel, propel your craft softly down liquid solution. Ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, ecstatically, existence is simply illusion. -Mr. Rogers

Crafting today for a better tomorrow!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2008 08:37:47 PM »

I received my swap package today and I love it!  Shocked Woohoo!  Grin Thanks Bigmouth who made for me and Murbeck the person I made for, my awesome threesome partners! Wink

My themes were: pin ups, mythical creatures, desserts, and film noir and Bigmouth did a great job combining.

First, a shot of the whole lucky stash! 2 dishtowels, a full length apron, and a tray!

Second, a close-up of the dishtowels. Bigmouth used this beautiful lady from my wist on them, as she is both a mythical creature AND a pin-up girl!

Third, that clever gal added yet another theme by giving mermaid gal some cupcake boobs! Hee hee. (mythical creatures+ pin ups + dessert) Oh, and also she is serving up some might sassy pie. This is a detail of the apron which I am SO excited about for a bunch of reasons. 1) I have a great embroidered apron from my last swap, but I am freaked about laundering it because of the intricate embroidery. This one looks cute and has a place to wipe my hands. 2) It holds my iPod while I am rocking out in the kitchen, which I love to do! 3) It is a PERFECT fabric and item to put the mermaid embroidery I have been wanting to work on. 4) It is DARN cute. (stay tuned for an action shot!)

Fourth, a super cute tray that I think is totally handmade, yes? It is awesome--perfect for serving saucy desserts. This is a close-up of the detail. I think there are beads underneath the plastic wipe-clean surface, but they look like bubbles for the mermaid.

Thank you SO much Bigmouth! I love it! I don't even mind that the P.O. held it hostage for 8 days without so much as a nod to tracking updater. Smiley Thanks for swapping with me.

Oh wait! A bonus shot: apron and tray in action with me posing like the mermaid. I almost made it black and white to throw in film noir, but now I'm just getting silly...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2008 06:01:05 AM »

haha, cute action shot!  That mermaid she used on everything is perfect!  I can't believe how flawless she made the cupcakes and plate of pie look on her too, nice  Smiley  The apron is my favorite part, it fits you perfectly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 22/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 21/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 23/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 18/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 17/35
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...