A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 303,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cute earrings  (Read 5063 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008 07:48:26 PM »

Oh those cats are soooo cute. And as someone else said, I wouldn't want to be competition, just like to know where to get the cute kitties... reminds me of my "ginger cat" its a little figurine that is so cute and amazing because every other miniature cat looks like...crud...I have no idea where she came from, and have no idea how to find out. But I want more little kitties! And those ones are pretty darn cute. :3
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008 08:38:31 PM »

Oh I love both the kitty earrings, they are absolutely adorable! Smiley

New to crochet early March 2008.

Love me some crafty goodness >^_^<

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008 08:58:14 PM »

Eeee I want!!! Love the kittys~  Grin

"I am exact and merciless, but I love you- There is no escape for you"
Walt Whitman

Flickr- http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrs_kitty/

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008 09:53:32 PM »

the scorpions are adorable!!!

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008 11:14:28 PM »

yea i agree the bclack and white cat are amazing. the teapots would go perfect with my kinda favorite things to wear
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008 05:03:39 AM »

The kitties are soooo cute and the lobsters are so fun!

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008 06:28:20 AM »

Very cute!!! Love the white cats and the teapots!

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008 10:08:34 AM »

Off course you can't prevent people from copying things. But to give them the brand/shopname is a bit too much I think  Wink, and kills creativity.
I hope people get inspired from this jewellery, and go make their own original pieces Smiley I'll be sure to pass my dad the compliment Smiley

I disagree - I tend to think the recent rash of "don't steal my ideas" or "don't copy my stuff!" attitudes is more of what kills creativity. The DIY movement is fundamentally about openness and, well, doing things yourself - sharing ideas, being inspired by one another, and the like is what Craftster and DIY are all about. Especially if you didn't hand-mold the cats and such yourself (they're not really YOURS, per se').

I'm not trying to be controversial, and I do love the earrings- I just wanted to contribute to the discussion. Smiley

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008 11:03:35 AM »

hi antarcticraft, no problem, new views make it the more interesting Wink.
I really do think inspiring is a good thing. Without inspiration there won't be a lot of crafty stuff. I can't prevent people from getting inspired or wanting to copy them. But I do think it's not up to me to tell where I get my materials from. This would make it VERY easy to copy them. But this is just my point of view, I'm sure lot of people wil agree and disagree. It's also a nice point of discussion Smiley I'm curious what other people think of this.
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008 11:36:08 AM »

Personally I wouldn't copy these exactly...I just don't feel good about making exact duplicates of another artists work. I like to say I came up with the idea and made it myself! If something inspires me, I like to put a twist on it to make it my own. Wouldn't little plastic dragons or dogs or those little New Orleans Kingcake Babies make good earrings too? Know what I mean?  Wink
I think when you post something on craftster, however, you are opening yourself up for questions, comments, and people who genuinely like your idea might want to make them for themselves...and come to you for guidance...because you know how to do what they want to do.
 One of the best examples of sharing I've seen here is John Golden's resin pouring tutorial post...where he doesn't just show you everything...but gives a link within the post to the place where he gets his rings and pendants. I don't think he's hurting for giving up his secrets...if anything it's making more people come to him for his beautiful pendants & rings.

With the internet it is easy to find anything anymore. If anyone wants to get the cats or birds...check out amazon playmobil birds
or amazon lego cats. They are toys and these would look great in a doll house too!

Please put your web info or etsy shop in your signature or profile...so people can come to you for the Lunique original creations. Craftster allows that link...so take advantage of it.  Smiley

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What JLaw Looked Like Before She Made the Internet Explode
How to Work the Layering Trend
Dress 10 Pounds Lighter
Shave Off Ten Pounds, With a Change of Fashion
What to Wear for a Casual Date Night
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...