A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 16729 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008 10:03:35 PM »

I received! I received!

~ calluna's mini-gallery of great things received from the even greater sin esperanza ~

Package #1
Here's the group shot:

First, some bookery! Two feminist zines, one of which is from a New Zealand collective of feminists, a blank journal with a woman and a slingshot, and one of her first favorite feminist-perspective novels!

Whoa, zoomed in a little quicker than the camera could focus, but here are 2 delectable soaps that have a heavenly patchouli scent - a very realistic cupcake (fortunately no one wants to try eating a patchouli cupcake!), and one of the butterfly soaps that were featured on the Craftster blog--so tiny and sweet!

Now for some cool localness: a Maori independence sticker, a "QueerCore" patch, 2 buttons made by her friend, and a cross-stitch bookmark kit of a lovely NZ destination:

Being the paper- and photo-fiend that I am, how could I not love this accordian-style, hangable scrapbook she made, with notes about the people and the places/details in the images--

Here is a gorgeous bracelet made by sin esperanza's mother--I love this dark iridescent mother-of-pearl look...Hey!, "mother of pearl", "mother of sin esperanza", sin esperanza as a pearl! Hmm, I doubt that was a connection she was intending t make, but I made it, and so it will remain!  Grin

And now, sin esperanza's first foray into crochet! This headband with removable flower; it is fabulous! I didn't crop the picture because I noticed the bracelet color down in the bottom corner, and decided it deserved another picture since it didn't get into the group picture (I was wearing it which snapping the pictures)

After going through all these wonderful things, there was one more wrapped item that said "Open last", and so I'm showing it last as well. As a birthday gift, sin esperanza made me a wraparound SKIRT!!

(Incidentally, the skirt matches the backyard, and my shirt matches my dog.  Smiley)
It is so freakin gorgeous and I had no idea she was doing this! She sent the package super-early so it would reach me in time for my birthday, which is before the shipping deadline, and so now I have something perfect to wear on my birthday. With the skirt there was a beautiful hand-made card with a Silvia Plath poem inside and it all made me cry (happy-crying).  Smiley

And just because it makes me happy, here's a pic of a resident hummingbird and its nest that's hanging hear where I'm standing in that picture:

Hopefully I didn't leave anything out...I'll come back and edit this if I find out that I did. Chocolate! I forgot to include the New Zealand dark chocolate, which is quite delicious! It had to go into the freezer overnight because the heat here completely liquified it...But it was sealed in plastic so no damage to anything.  Grin

Loads of thanks and admiration and appreciation and snuggles to sin esperanza, for everything!

Sept 2009 - make-up package!

i received a knit uterus! awesome! (my mother doesn't understand.) there's also a sewn felt goddess-stuffie, and a fabric origami crane, plus a bunch of gorgeous paper for my own deviant purposes and Spanish postcards.

And a laaarge bag which I already took on an overnight trip!

I think the 2nd package that I sent to sin esperanza was full of specialty fiber yarns from the LYS, and the 3rd package was a bunch of stuff I can't even remember...it included another smaller journal and a beaded DNA strand
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009 07:25:42 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
sin esperanza
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008 10:25:46 PM »

Behold the beauty and the awesomeness that is Calluna

I received my first package!!

step into an introduction/scrapbook extraordinaire

Calluna has been so generous with me in sharing herself that I'm struggling to pick out the parts that are most amazing... here are just a couple as tasters
She included heaps of local pamphlets/maps/guides/ephemera from around where she lives now, memories of where she's come from and places she's travelled to.

And then there are pages like this one that are (more deeply?) about things that are important to her (and me!!).  I even got my very own hand carved stamp!

And there were cards!  I love the one that says "We usually don't get so dolled up for this, but drag is fun once in a while"... hehe

not to mention these goodies... (the calorimetry is passed on from another crafter to calluna to me, as is the fabric, the cd is an original with a dvd of ozomatli performing live.... can't wait to watch it!)

Leading up to the (as yet blank) book of rants.  Symbolising beautifully the tyranny of beauty.  How well the faceless woman covered in tape wih ther hands tied captures the constant struggle women face regardless of whether they fit stereotypes of beauty....

all leading up to this masterpiece of embroidery!!  If there is one image that would allow me to have hope rather than despair, this would be it.

Lots and lots of love and hugs and snuggles and admiration to calluna, thank you so much.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008 04:10:28 AM by sin esperanza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
sasserdesas

Real heroes never die

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008 12:20:57 AM »

Second package:
 Shocked

a WIP bag & crochet hook roll WITH crotchet hooks!

Some awesome books

A Real Med school student bracelet Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008 08:11:54 AM by sasserdesas » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SamJ
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008 01:17:22 AM »

My second package 

a guide to embroidery and starter kit, with hoop and floss 

with handsewn needle case and zip pouch. thank you and i love the
colours of the floss i havent seen any like this before im thinking of getting
some black aida to use them on!!! 

and 4 balls of yarn and a packet of mixed beads

i have a very soft spot for yarn  Grin

thank you xxx
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first package Grin

at the top is her letter!!!
 local items
on the back of each of the postcards my partner has told me a little about why she has chosen each one.

these are her favorites   a dvd (an original)of her favourite japanese film ....   im hoping to watch it tonight!!!!!!  the yarn, gedfra brand, and the colours are awesome , the pic does not do it justice, now ill have to think about what i can make with it!!!  and a train map for the london underground ..... she loves trains .....and the little bit shes told me about has spiked my interest too. and fudge, also a local and favourite item, which my other half loves and i havent had chance to try some just yet    Sad

three made items:

a friendship bracelet that i havent taken off since receiving the package!!!!   

a small cross stitch of the welsh dragon i am a very proud welsh girl  Grin so thank you for that

and four colourful coasters, the colour choice reminded her of ice cream flavours- mint, strawberry, chocolate and vanilla, my children have gone mad for these  Cheesy  so far every drink they have had, these have been used!!!!!

and last but not least ..... photos ......in the form of a virtual scrap book!!!! 

thank you very much .....now i just hope you like mines as much as ive liked yours
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008 03:19:19 AM by SamJ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knitsamknit.blogspot.com/

http://www.wists.com/SamJ

where do i get freezer paper from??? im in the UK so does it have another name??? please help me!!!!
longtimegeek
Still crazy after all these years....

betta and betta....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008 05:09:23 AM »

Package 3:
I received package three yesterday and I am humbled.  I am so glad that I have already sent off my package to Sonjabegonia or I might have been ashamed to send.  I cannot believe what was in this package.

But first - a little life lesson.  I was a hair's breadth away from being the world's worst swap partner.  This package came yesterday.  It was attached to my mailbox in a plastic bag.  It rained yesterday.  It rained a lot. Being in a plastic bag I thought - wow postman, good job you saved this from being wet and brought it in the house.  Being as I arrived home late and had some heavy deliverables at work today I didn't look at it until tonight.  It was at that point that I found that the plastic bag had served its purpose - which was to create a little puddle of water in the bag for the package to soak in. 

Here was the package as I opened it -- great; PINK tissue paper.  See the pink smudge on the left hand box flap - that is what tissue paper does when it gets wet -- it "shares" its color with the world.

Then I read the letter, and found that the main item was a set of TEA TOWELS.  My heart skipped a beat or two (or three) until......

Sonjabegonia packed them all in ziploc bags ---- OH YOU CLEVER GIRL.....

Tere are SEVEN of the most amazing tea towels.  Just so that you understand, each image is roughly 5" by7" ----- AND THERE ARE SEVEN OF THEMMMMMM

Then, as if there was not enough already, there were three of her favorite catalogs to feed my shopping addiction, a book by David Sedaris, and

An Origami Cat kit --- it has all Japanese instructions (but there are pictures that I think I can follow.  what I have figured so far is that it has 225 black 60x100 mm sheets of paper, 138 balck 50x90 mm sheets of paper, and 2 pink 40x40 mm sheets of paper.... 

Sonjabegonia, since even the old handicapped can do it, I should be able to figure it out.  It certainly has "delivered my warmful heart" but what exactly is a "pencil rammer"? Smiley

Package 2:

I finally received package 2 from SonjaBegonia, and despite the fact that the post office "Newmaned" this and held it in Chicago for five days before sending it on to Denver, it was well worth the wait.

The 'unrobing':

Each package is color coded and described in the letter -- SonjaBegonia, you crack me up - you could be my twin Smiley

First up - a great knit WIP bag - in my favorite color combo --- I love the pocket on the outside!  It is totally not wonky -- this is an odd picture but it is true to color and the other one I took makes it look orange and fuzzy Wink

The non-crafty hobby is Bento -- again, I was almost falling off of my chair -- some of the things in here are pairs with things I sent in her package ---- we are starting to channel each other! Smiley

The Bento box deserves its own close up -- it has these great swirling patterns and is such a nice "non-kiddy" size -- so many that I see are just too tiny to be useful for an adult. 

Finally, a polymer clay set. This has been on my want list for a long time -- and I was thinking I needed to get some for some embellishments on sonjabegonia's package three --- score !!

Thanks a lot sonjabegonia, I love everything - it really made my day. 

Package 1:

Prepare yourselves to praise my glorious partner and be envious of me.  I received my package from sonjabegonia today and promptly tore into learning about my new friend.  There are many photos, but I did compress them so that they shouldn't take too awful long to load. 

First, the obligatory group shot:

The blue box contained the letter, local items, and ATC tags -- which I photographed and stitched together into this collage. I hope you can see the wonderful detail the left and right wings are the ATC spread out front and back. It is such a clever approach and I just love these little box organizer things.  I once did my kids Christmas stockings all in office supplies from Office Max -- I am crazy, but I sense a kindred spirit here Smiley

I find it very interesting the different yet somehow similar approach we took on this -- you will just have to wait until sonjabegonia posts to see what I mean...

And the favorites.  The tea is absolutely heavenly smelling.  Earl Grey is a favorite of mine too - I can't wait for the lavender taste.  The pockies will go well with the tea too I think.  I am not a gum fan, so my best friend will be getting this and we will just pass the friend circle on. 

Now, here is where we start to go off the hook.  The most amazing bookmark and knit flower.  This bookmark could not possibly be more perfectly me than if I had made it myself.  It is plastic canvas but still seems so supple and lovely front and back that I am blown away.  And I have to decide what I am going to put the flower on -- don't miss those French Knots for the stamens. The silver thread almost makes them look like rhinestones

Wait, there's more....

This little embroidered bag, a veritible s***load of shoe erasers and a Hello Kitty magic towel. I told you about that office supply thing.

So that there is no confusion about the awesomeness of this bag I took a close up of the work so that you can see it like I can.  The center reminds me of a temari ball.

I am so, so pleased sonjabegonia - everything was so great - thanks a lot. I only hope I can keep up with you.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008 07:57:29 PM by longtimegeek » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimberly_Star
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008 06:50:55 AM »

My AWESOME package 2 came in from bigfatroses last Wednesday, but we were getting ready to go out of town, so I wasn't able to post until now.  This package is so amazing - she's such a cool partner!  I really, really wish she lived closer; I'm fairly certain we'd be pretty good friends if she did!

Now, on to the goodies!

First, we have her non-crafty hobby!  She sent me a starter kit for coin collecting!

Here's what there is:
1.  A Beginner's Guide to Coin Collecting
2.  A storage/display book for the American Eagle Silver Dollar Collection
3.  A 1995 Silver Dollar
4.  A 1907 one cent piece
5.  A 1999 one dollar piece
6.  A 1942 dime
7.  A John Adams one dollar piece
8.  A five cent piece that I believe says it's from 1905
9.  A white glove to handle everything with
10.  A 250 Dinar bill from Iraq
11.  A 25000 Dinar bill from Iraq
12.  A roll of 25 uncirculated buffalo nickels
13.  A velvet "World Reserve Monetary Exchange" Pouch

How's that for a hobby starter kit?!  I can't wait to sit down with the book and research all the coins!

Now on to the stash-building.

Here is everything together:

The black thing is a magnetic holder.  I haven't decided if it will go in the kitchen for spices or go in the craft room for beads.  There's also the softest yarn.  I'm going to have to find a special project for that.  Also note the awesome storage container.  I'll post about its contents further down.

Above, there is:
1.  The cutest little galvanized tub.  I think I'll turn it into a soap dish to hold the mocha soap from pkg 1.
2.  A great little journal.  Can't wait to figure out what I'm going to put on its pages!
3.  Bead'n Stretch; Super stretchy beading cord
4.  Tigertail w/Crimping Beads
5.  Black leather cord

Finally, I'll move on to my favorite part of the package; the contents of the storage container:

Gorgeous bronze chandalier earring findings with jump rings to match:

Silver earring findings like the bronze ones above:

(These were hard to photograph, sorry about the blurriness!)

Pretty little butterfly findings:

Bronze findings - I think I'll use these in some triple-strand beaded bracelets:

Turquoise chips and stars - how did you know how much I love turquoise?!

Clear glass chips:

Finally, some miscellaneous findings:

1.  Crimp tubes
2.  A TON of surgical steel ear wires
3.  Silver "Made in USA" tags
4.  Silver Wire Guardians

I LOVE this package!  So much stuff to really boost my stash and a new hobby that looks really interesting!  Thanks so much bigfatroses!  I have mixed feelings about package 3.  I can't wait to see it, but I know that it means this swap is over.   Sad

I got my package today!  Yippee!  I was going to wait until I got home so that DH could get pics of me opening it, but I couldn't do it.  So, I opened it at work and made my coworkers VERY jealous.

Here's the goods!

Group Shot - look at all of that stuff!   Shocked

Her photo book (note that it's a rose album and her username is bigfatroses!):

A detailed shot of one of the pages of her photobook:

Her local items altogether:

Starting with magazine and working clockwise and swirling into the center  Roll Eyes:
1. A mag about her town - can't wait to check this out!
2. A SC trivet - going on the kitchen counter!
3. A SC Coast cookbook - she marked all the recipes she's tried and said they were all good!
4. 3 SC Postcards
5. A great SC shotglass
6. Mocha Kitchen Handmade Soap - smells SOOO yummy!  I can't wait use it!  (Although part of me is tempted to just leave it in the wrapper and smell it...)

Her Favorite snacks:

1. Beef jerky from a specific company in New Mexico (NM has a special place in her history)
2. Pop rocks!  (Eating these as I post!)

Her Favorites:

1.  "The Poky Little Puppy" - I think it's so cool that we both included our favorite childhood book in our packages
2.  No Doubt's "Simple Kind of Life" Single
3.  No Doubt B-Side CD that came with "Return of Saturn"
4.  "Life Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy
5.  "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6.  "101 Things NOT to Do Before You Die" by Robert W. Harris

Finally, here crafted awesomeness:

A wall hook with our last name burned into the wood with a star (which represents our last name).  This is going to hang in the kitchen and hold our aprons.

Beautiful, beautiful necklace and earring set.  The necklace was a recon and she made the earrings to match.  Her jewelry work is so delicate and perfect.

Finally, a very fitting framed collage necklace.  The quote says, "If you plant me, I will grow!"  It is so pretty and I consider myself a decent gardener AND I love this quote!

Her letter to me was so unique.  She basically told me all the things that made her who she is up to a certain point.  I got a "To Be Continued" letter!  It was great!  I'm so anxious to read some more of her story in August!

I also love, love, love that she sent me so many books as her favorites.  I love reading and can't wait to get into these!!

Thanks, bigfatroses!  I'm so fortunate to have you as my partner!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008 07:57:33 PM by Kimberly_Star » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008 07:10:33 AM »

MY THIRD PACKAGE FROM LOOBIE HAS ARRIVED!
Here is everything...

Loobie and I are both readers, when she cleared out some boxes of books she saved some she know I would like! I've been reading the short stories one today.

CEPHOLOPODIA!!
Look at those hundreds of tiny stiches on my new friend! It's funny, I tried to make myself something similar once, but I never made it past about 1/2 of the head! I just need instant gratification Smiley

My necklace - please ignore the shiney-ness, I had just stepped out of the shower.

Goodies! I'm using the bookmark right now Smiley

Yummy!

And just for fun, a pic of my kitty who was watching me upwrap my package >.<

Thank you so much, Loobie! Everything was great! I will miss putting together packages for you Cry

OKAY! This is the third time I have tried to add new pictures to this post!! Seriously! I hope it works this time Embarrassed

Loobie sent me another awesome package!

It came over this weekend, so I was able to get some enjoyment out of it before I had to go back to work today Smiley My new hobby is poly clay! She sent me a beautiful beaded box with tons of different clay in it, some clay tools, fish-shaped clay cutters, and a super-cute book on how to make clay sea friends Grin

Then she added bunches of stuff to my stash - 2 kinds of cloth, bells, ribbon - glittery glue - sea creature embellishments for scrapbooking, and... Sublime Stiching patterns and REALLY pretty pink embroidery floss!

I hope that I didn't forget anything... I loved it all! If you would like to see more pictures... Including my first attempts at poly clay, visit my blog  Cheesy
http://dawnoctopus.blogspot.com/

Thank you Loobie!!!!!!
Guess what?!
I received my package today! Well, sort of. My partner Loobie had split it into two packages, and I received the first one weeks ago...For some reason, the post office had diverted the second package to France?! Anyway, I got it home after work, and ripped into it! I got SOOO many nice things that there are way too many pictures to put here, like 14 of them. I'll put the highlight shots here, but if you would like to see the slideshow of all of the pictures together, please go to my blog to see it - http://dawnoctopus.blogspot.com/

Here are highlights of the first package:

Group shot of everything wrapped

Super-Adorable kitty cover scrapbook! I actually found a kitty in my work parking lot today who looked a lot like this kitty, orange and friendly!

Beautiful jellyfish beaded decoration. I hung her up in my bedroom

She also made me some awesome stationery with fishes on them, some kawaii paper for my crane folding, and some yummy mints in a cool metal container. Pictures of all that in the slideshow.

The highlights of the newest package:

All wrapped up

Group shot of local items --- I have never really had an urge to go to the UK, because I thought that it would be so similar to the USA, but after looking at these brochures it makes me want to!

Cute cute cute octo tea light holders!! They now have a valued spot on my octopus collection shelf!

She also sent me some chocolate that is now gone...Oops... A delicious smelling bath fizz, and a super-cute pencil case with a pen, and a happy octo drawing!

I hope I didn't leave anything out, I loved it all! Thanks my dear Loobie!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008 06:02:18 PM by Dawn Octopus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
sonjabegonia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008 07:22:37 AM »

Gallery of Wonderful Packages received from longtimegeek[/color]

I'm proudly posting pics from package #3.  This poor package had quite a trip from Colorado to Chicago.  It got to sit in countless post offices and be handled by a number of postal workers.  After loads of drama, I am now the proud owner of a beautiful piece of work from longtimegeek.  The package was well worth the wait!

First, the letter was enclosed in this handmade scroll.  I wish you could see the detail -- it's so nice!  What a great idea.

Next, the large crafted item, which is absolutely amazing!  The pictures don't do it justice.  I love french beaded flowers, so longtimegeek took that clue and made me the best miniature beaded Christmas tree I've ever seen.  I live in a condo and don't have a lot of room for Christmas decorations, so this is perfect.  I've included a close-up of the leaves to show off the amount of detail involved in this piece.  I love it!

Finally, the 3 favorites.  When I opened each one of them, I laughed because it showed, once again, how similar our tastes are on so many levels. 

Favorite chocolate -- Dove Dark (I prefer Dark as well!)
Favorite cookie -- Lorna Doones (my favorite too!)
Favorite movie -- Love Actually (I love Hugh Grant!)

It was a perfect end to a great swap.  Thank you for everything!

Woo hoo!!! Pics galore.

First off, package #2:

I was completely blown away by this package.  There were so many goodies that I couldn't fit them into one reasonable picture!

Here's a shot of all of the wonderful extras:

In my original questionnaire, I'd mentioned that I loved reading memoirs.  Also, longtimegeek and I share a love of books.  Well, here are 4 great memoirs and I hadn't read any of them.  I've finished one and am well on my way to finishing the second.  Also included are some fun pens/supplies/stickers/etc. 

The crafty craft that she knows how to do and I wish to learn is crochet.  I love knitting and understand it very well, but have a brain block when it comes to crochet.  With this kit, I can't imagine not being able to learn.

The book looks amazing -- great pictures and very informative.  My book is extra-special because there are additional post-its with more advice from longtimegeek!  I also received a swatch book with examples of the basic crochet "moves"  so I can see if I'm on track and some yarn to make my own swatches.  Finally, there is a beautiful handmade crochet hook holder that even includes crochet hooks to start me on my crochet quest.  I love it all!

The not-so-crafty craft is feeding my bento mania . . . and is also what I sent longtimegeek as my not-so-crafty craft to her  Smiley.  Lots of bento goodies were enclosed in the nicest lunch bag that ties at the top and will work with my bento boxes.  I also received a very handy sandwich carrier that doubles as a placemat when it's unwrapped.  Genius!  Also, perfect for me since I end up eating at my desk a lot at work.

And now, posting pics that correspond to my package #1 ramblings:

Hi all --
I'm not a very camera-literate gal, so my pictures are in the camera, but not on the computer.  I promise they will make it into this gallery!

In the meantime, a few thoughts about package #1 from longtimegeek.  Bottome line - I loved it!!!

Crafted items included:  a beautiful beaded daisy that gets added to my growing collection of french beaded flowers, a beaded pin of an insect (dragonfly, I believe) that will live on one of my winter pashminas, 2 crocheted dishcloths which are so great and it's such a coincidence that she sent these at the same time I started obsessing over dishcloths (darn dishcloth swap Wink), and a crocheted snowflake that immediately reminded me of my grandma (sniff, sniff). 

There was a long, detailed letter accompanied by a huge picturebook full of longtimegeek's life.  After reading the letter, looking at the pictures, and reading the picture captions, I 1) felt like I knew longtimegeek, 2) want to meet her personally and maybe even come live in their gorgeous house  Cheesy, and 3) owe her better stores from my life.

I'll also post a picture of the favorite things/Colorado items when I figure things out on my end.

Loved it all!!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008 10:23:54 AM by sonjabegonia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twitter - @snelsonchi
mserocks
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008 07:34:35 AM »

Here is the first package from my wonderful new friend Jenny, aka Devotedplanet!

Everything together, minus the Werther's hard candies, which were snatched by my fiance.

- Sheep Bag! - which is going with me to San Antonio tomorrow for the big KIPP Summit
- gorgeous woven scarf from Dublin
- LOVELY amazing scarf knitted by Jenny
- Blackberry soap - totally going in my luggage to make my clothes smell pretty
- Huckleberry Biscuit mix - yummy, can't wait to make it!
- a hank of gorgeous yarn
- a book about Irish women! Woohoo!
- and a cute kitty cat looking out a window Christmas ornament!

And a close up of the two scarves!

Thank you so much! this is one of the best swap packages ever!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008 04:16:55 PM by mserocks » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi.

Ok, me too! www.wists.com/mserocks
dittybop
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2008 11:52:16 AM »

FINALLY posting pics! Sorry it's taken forever, I'm in the middle of moving cross-country. ick. Anyway, here are the goodies!!

The group shot:

So many fun things! There was a letter explaining everything on some sweet stationary in an even sweeter envelope made from a map. ademareej's "about me" bit was a really neat free-form sketch that had lots of different elements representing different things about her- I thought it was a really neat way to express/explain a bit of herself.
There were also some gummy cherries- soooo good! I had never seen them before. They're her favorite candy, and now they're some of my favorites, too. Smiley I also received a Red Sox PEZ dispenser which is just AWESOME. yay throwback toys.
Also included were some local newspapers which have been super fun to read. I collect children's books, and ademareej gave me not one, not two, but THREE children's books! They are all super great and make awesome additions to the collection. There were some bits and bobs like pencils and THE COOLEST KEY HOLDER EVER. You can see it in the group shot- it's an owl [one of my favorite animals]. Plus other cool stuff like...

an awesome cotton crocheted washcloth and shower puff. I love them! I had totally been thinking about making one of these puffs, but I've been too lazy. :p thanks!

A sweet little box to keep my bits and bobbles in- I really needed something like this, I have little things EVERYWHERE all over my dresser, so this is perfect for that.

a handmade stamp of an elephant! a) I <3 elephants. b) I love hand-made stamps (I just started making them, too! I made the stamps that I used to make ademareej's wall art). Yay! I love it. I think I'm going to use it to make some stationary.

Some AWESOME upcylced coasters!!! They're made from strips of magazines. too cool.

Thanks for everything ademareej, you're an awesome swap partner. Smiley I can't wait to give/receive the next package!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008 08:03:02 PM by dittybop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am and always will be a proud NIU Huskie. 2-14-08, we will always remember.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
 -Margaret Mead

http://www.wists.com/dittybop
http://www.xanga.com/dorkwithtorque
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vintage Bowles - Nina Ricci at Chantal Dagommer Paris Shop
From the Vogue Closet - Pretty in Pink
Vintage Bowles - The 1980s Auction at Drouot in Paris
Jeanius - Florence Kane Fashion Tips
Blake Lively Perfects Printed Pants in Paris!
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...