A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 16753 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LilFiney

Wishing for Summer.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008 06:21:32 PM »

Package Three:

The overall package.  Cuppiecakes83 made me a skirt, sent two of her favorite books, and a package of Reese's! yummy!!

Action shot of the skirt!!  It's super fun and a wrap skirt! 

Package TWO:

The package from Cuppiecakes came during our Honeymoon, so when we got to my parents, it was waiting there for me!!  Here are the goods!!

She sent me some yarn to make a Knight, along with some really sweet patterns!!  A dragon pattern, a knight, and of course, HARRY POTTER!! Woo HoO!!
Cuppiecakes also sent a DIY Kit on Book-Making.  Its really cool.  I am excited to try to make one for some candid wedding shots!!!  Very cool!

AND! TEASER!!  What I have been working on for Pack 3!

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ _______

So, when my package came weeks ago, I was super excited.  I had to work a double that day and I KNEW  that it was coming, cause of the DC, so when I got home at midnight or so after spraying for mosquitoes (makes a loud buzzing noise), there was my package from CuppieCakes waiting for me on the kitchen counter.  The Squees woke up the fiance who then had to come out and watch me rip into the goodies.

Big overview - everything is sitting on top of a beach towel that rolls up and goes inside an attached tote, so nothing blows away in the wind (which is a problem in ND, the wind).  The colors are really fun and it's packed away to go with on the honeymoon!

Some Mt. Saint Helens Ash, a little zipper pouch for tampons to ride along in my bags in, and the BEST! a garter for my wedding day!!  Grin

This album, her favorite movie (which I love too), a Washington State magnet, chocolate yummies, and a postcard of the Space Needle. 

So, I have to share a story about why i need a zipper pouch for my tampons.  I am one of those girls that just throws my tampons into my bags/totes/whatever.  One day in class, I had a bunch riding in my messenger bag, and it was one of those classes where we all  sit in a big circle and discuss current issues (it was a media communications class, and my teacher was big into "feelings" and not so much "communicating with media").  Anyways, I came in late, was digging into my bag and pulled out my notebook, and as I jerked it out of my bag, it hooked on a tampon and it FLEW OUT and Across the room into the middle of the circle...

I just about died.  So, I did what any clever little crafty fox would do, I made a comment about "poor guy, trying to make a run for freedom"... about half of the class laughed and the other half looked horrified...

Anyways, problem  solved now. No more jumping tampons.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008 06:36:13 PM by LilFiney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avoiding homework one stitch at a time....
bigfatroses
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008 06:26:33 PM »

Here are the pics of my awesome second package (will come thru later on and make the pics from the first package thumbnails!)

The non-crafty hobby!!!  I cannot wait to go to Lowe's and get little pots for my herbs!!  YAY!  And pink gloves!  *drool*

Now for the one thing I think I'm most excited about (boy, did Kim make my stash grow on this!!!!)  Poly clay!!!!!!!!!!!  And glaze, which I can never find!

Some really pretty beads!  Which I love!

Sun sensitive paper (this was on my Dick Blick wishlist, and I love this stuff!  So much fun!)  Whoops- forgot to turn the pic upright

Mosiac tiles (also on my Dick Blick wishlist!!!)

Her cute life story! 

**Apologies for my pics and stuff being in a wonky order- I'm feeling a bit poopy right now**

This amazing wristlet, which Kim said is for my crochet hooks, although I think I'll be using it for other purposes since it's so pretty!

She's a newbie at felting, but you'd never know it!

These really super duper cute weather stitch markers!  I guess I needed some since I don't ever keep track of my stitches and usually end up having to guess or start all over again!  LOL!  The grumpy cloud broke, but I think I can fix him!  He just needs a little love, like all grumpy clouds!   Cheesy

This awesome clipboard!  I'm keeping this in the office for all my notes that I end up losing when I turn the fan on! No more missing notes!! 

(oh, and funny that great minds must think alike  Wink )

And then this pretty frame, which the glass broke, but that's ok with me, because I have a project already in mind for this, and I don't need the glass!

I'm very happy with everything! I cannot wait to start creating awesome goodies with the polymer clay!  Once again, I was totally spoiled!  Thanks Kim!!

*long distance high five*

Yay!  I received a wonderful package today (July 14th) from Kimberly_Star!!!

Here's everything when I opened the box- Oh, but before the picture, I have a little story to share.  My partner put some newspaper to cushion everything, and when I opened the box, my daughter saw the newspaper and said, "Oh, newspaper!!!!!"  And I think she would have been completely satisfied with Momma getting a box full of paper!   Cheesy

Everything laid out:

The pictures (and this was the bestest idea ever.  So good, that I HAD to use the word "bestest"!)

The local items:
A really nice mug!  I LOVE mugs from all over the place, so this is perfect!

This cute book "A Real Texan" which made my Texan husband smile!

Here's a cute page from it:

My husband and I plan to live in Texas after he retires from the military, so I'm sure I'll be one of those moms!

Vanilla Almond Pecans (YUMMY!)

A beautiful piece of pottery, which is made by an artist about 30 miles from where Kim lives

This will be treasured forever!!

Some postcards- now I just need to find a nice place to put them!!

Her Favorites!
The series finale of Friends (die!!!  I've wanted this for so long!)

Guess what I'm watching the night of my surgery?!?   Cheesy

A guide on Hiking Big Bend, which is her and her husband's favorite activity

I LOVE hiking, so on my trip home to New Mexico, I'm coming over, and we'll all go hiking together, ok?!?

mark. makeup- Kim told me that she sells Avon to fund her crafting, which is funny, because I do too!   Cheesy

The Legend of the Bluebonnet- we read this tonight, and my daughter LOVED it!

THE CRAFTS!!!
A gorgeous bracelet!!  OMG!  I haven't taken it off since I got it!

Here it is on!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

A very perfect picture frame!

The picture doesn't do it any justice, but Ima tell ya, it's AMAZING! 

And lastly, a wonderful bookmark!  I think it's too pretty to leave in a book!

I love how moody the blues are!  So wonderful!

I didn't take a picture of the letter since that's personal, but I feel like Kim and I have so much in common!  It's pretty awesome! 

Thank you, Kim, for everything!  I can't believe we still get to shower eachother 2 more times!!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008 09:46:26 AM by bigfatroses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
ademareej
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008 06:41:09 PM »

Package three goodies are in!

Here's the group shot - arm warmers, bracelets, an an ATC:

(the color is a little off...everything is a bit warmer)

Action shot of the arm warmers - my wrists are toasty! (and green. I don't really know why my camera can't take good greens...)

And the ATC:

and I just realized that there were two magnets that went on the fridge and din't make it into the pics...oops!

Thanks dittybop!

I received an excellent package from dittybop at the beginning of this week! (I couldn't find my camera cord to post until now. Blasted camera cord, why must you torment me?!?)

I have wanted to learn to screen print for a very long time, so imagine my delight when i received my very own screenprinting kit! and what screenprinting kit would be complete without an elephant screen?

dittybop also added some lovely yarns to my stash, as well as a nice wooden hook.  can't wait to try it out!

Thanks dittybop!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008 04:40:08 PM by ademareej » THIS ROCKS   Logged

love2teach
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008 06:49:28 PM »

This spot is mine and all mine Grin

Here is a picture of my package one from polaritygirl.  She was in the hospital, so we are just catching up on things.  I received some very lovely things.  I especially love the stuffed gecko.  It reminds me of one of the lizards in my classroom.

More packages and pictures to come.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 04:51:21 PM by love2teach » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
minderkin
Starlight...Starbright

*Sparkle* *Sparkle*

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008 07:16:32 PM »

***Reserved***
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oxynitrate
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008 07:18:21 PM »

The Third!
Carrying on with my insanity.  I received my third package from Taoj on Panda Yu's "Birthday"

Everything altogether

The wonderful "stained glass" pandas.

Taoj's favorite chocolate bar (I'm a big fan too) and a super awesome monthly cupcake calendar, Taoj also has this calendar.

The most beautiful hand dyed socks to fend off the cold cold Albertan winters. 

Thanks so much Taoj!  I really enjoyed this swap and getting to know you better.

First Package from my new friend Taoj!!!!!!! 

Panda Yu claiming his favorites, he loves monochromatics and black and white creatures.  I told him I'll bring them with me when I go out to have constant reminders of him. 

Second Package! 

Everything!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008 09:05:32 PM by oxynitrate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Before Me Nothing Was Created But Things Eternal. And I Create Eternally.
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008 07:21:44 PM »

YAY!

Package #3!

I am a horrible partner! I received this AWESOME package from babiestarlite13 a while ago and never posted photos Sad

First: Some of her favorites (which are some of my favorites too! Wink) applesauce (LOVE!), lime jello (!), gummy bears (!), pop rocks (!), and tropical trail mix (!) can you tell this was exciting?! This photo is screwy - Craftster's photo editing sometimes works for me and sometimes doesn't, so I'm not sure what is up with it. I tried to rotate it, and it rotated it and then rotated it back and stretched it funny.

Second: This almost made me cry. Part of the reason I've been a lackluster partner this swap is because one of our cats suddenly got really sick and stopped eating. Despite many hundreds of dollars in vet bills and syringe feeding her multiple times a day she died about a month later. We still don't know for sure what happened, but we think she developed Feline Infectious Peritonitis, which is really complicated and you can google it is you really care. ANYWAY... Tinkerbell was the best cat EVER, and the FH and I have had a really rough summer with that. Star sent me this set of cat-themed scrapbooking papers and goodies to scrapbook some memories of her, which was so incredibly touching and sweet. Sorry about the crappy picture, the flash kept reflecting off the plastic wrap...

Third: More favorites/extras Cheesy A pad of piggy post-its, which somehow didn't make it into the picture (but you can see one of them on the puzzle book), a puzzle book - SO FUN! A pair of pinking shears which is AWESOME, a GREAT smelling candle, and some SUPER pretty ribbon which she bought because one of them was paisley and she knows I like paisley Grin

Fourth: (save the best for last!) A BEAUTIFUL rainbow lap quilt! Cheesy I LOVE this! It is so perfect for using just to cover your legs and feet when you are watching TV or whatever. It is beautiful and she did a great job on it. the border and back are pink (my favorite)

Thanks SO much babiestarlite13 Grin You were an AWESOME partner and I'm glad we got to become friends Cheesy

Package #2!

I received my awesome package 2 from babiestarlite13 and here it is!

The whole package (nosy cat not included):

My starter kit... Perler Beads! You know, those melty iron beads? And she even sorted some of the colors for me!:

And my stash-addition! four skiens of wonderful cotton yarn, an awesome crochet hook roll that she made for me (and did an amazing job on too!), crochet hooks, and the most clever stitch-markers I've ever seen!

Closeup of the stitch-markers. She put letter beads on them so I can take the hook away and come back to the project later and know what size hook I was using. How smart!

Thanks so much! Cheesy

Package #1

Babiestarlite13 forgot to include the notebook that she explained everything in, SO I'll do my best to guess and she can add if she wants Smiley

First we've got her artistic item about herself, a card w/letter inside, and three old postcards which are very cool!

Then! BEARS! these are Great Smoky Mountains postcards of bears, which she used to work with (I don't think these are the actual bears though... Wink)

Two items from her town which is apparently the town that Mayberry was modeled after for the Andy Griffith show, so I got Andy Griffith trading cards and a Mt. Airy, NC shot glass w/ Andy on it (I guess I need to take up shot glass collecting now!). As a side note, I went to middle school in Mt. Airy, MD. funny!

Then, all kinds of goodies! Some Lisa Frank stamps (which is SO funny because I got her some Lisa Frank stuff too!  Lips sealed OOPS! pretend to be surprised, Star Wink) Glow-in-the-dark stars that rock. I LOVE glow-in-the-dark stuff. It's the 80s in me, I guess Cheesy A book of stickers and a paint-in canvas with a butterfly (too cute!), and a bath mitt and one of those magic expanding washcloths (so I can pamper myself - HAHA! Wink)

Then! (HA! you thought I was done!) She made gift bows from magazine ads (My cat was very interested in the crinkly noises they were making and wouldn't move for the picture, so I let her be in it) TOO COOL!

I got a BAG OF CANDY! haha Cheesy and she made me two bars of soap (to go with my washcloth and bath mitt!) and some super cute star shaped crayons that kind of melted Sad

Close up of the soap and crayons - I can't figure out HOW the crayons could have melted - The package was left inside my (air conditioned) apartment building, and she brought it to the post office. Sad Well, at least they are still mostly star shaped and still make marks Cheesy

Thanks new friend babiestarlite! hope you love your package too!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008 06:10:12 PM by mcbenno » THIS ROCKS   Logged

seetulane
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008 08:23:02 PM »

I got back from class today and had an e-mail from Msil services that I had a package.  and It was from ckchan! 
everything together (sorry for the blur I was eating so holding still was tricky)

who/where(sorry about the glare the lighting in my room sucks and it's 90 degrees with 100% humidity I refuse to step outside without better reason than taking pictures)

Favorite things.  I too am a fan of red heart although I truly prefer caron .  you can never go wrong with chocolate.  The oven mitt is because she's a fan of baking.  The question is how did she know I needed one desperately?

a kitty amigurimi (sorry he's apparently camera shy) a trinket box decorated xkcd style Grin I love me some xkcd.  and a pen with a daffodil on top.  It's gorgeous.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008 11:46:23 AM by seetulane » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ckchan
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008 09:11:59 PM »

Here's my first package from seetulane! She sent me a bunch of wonderful stuff.

I got a picture cd that I'm going through

Here's her favorite things:

Yummy chocolate!  Funny magnet!  Very great relaxing technique!

Here's her great crafting skills:knitting, sewing machine embroidery, and hand embroidery.

Closeup of hand embroidery

Thank you for a great start!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008 07:55:02 PM by ckchan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
silverlining86

*Road Trip Junkie*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008 09:58:41 PM »

I received from pinksparklystars awhiel ago and finally got the pics uploaded. My computer was being sassy and wouldn't read my memory card.  So here they are. Everything was great. I especially love the hair clips.

a neat book about her
awesome mobile from a sprite can (her favorite drink)
little donut, ice cream and cupcake charms. how cute.
pics of her hometown
hairclips and a cute beaded keychain.
close up of one of the clips. beautiful
everything all together.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008 12:07:10 AM by silverlining86 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Smooth Gravy
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits
Try The Grass Whopper: Restaurant Offering Bug Filled Burger
How to Make Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
KD 101: How to Make Gruyere Grilled Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...