A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 16762 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

razberryjam
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2008 12:26:18 PM »

Package Number Two!
An awesome kit for starting out with scrapbooking. I actually have a bunch of stuff from my roller derby days that I've been meaning to put in a book, so this is great motivation!

A second kit for learning to crochet. I'm afraid of yarn crafts, but I'll do my best!

Really beautiful fabrics for my sewing addiction. Tcha345 sent me a really nice assortment of styles and materials, and I can't wait to make things out of them...

Like maybe a bag! While I drink some coffee! These are some extras she threw in because she is just that kind of generous and awesome new friend and craft partner!

Thanks tcha!!!!!

Got my first package from tcha345!

First, items from her hometown. She sent me a hockey towel, a book on how to speak Pittsburgese, and an AWESOME dog puzzle made by two Amish brothers. I love dogs and she said this one reminded her of my pup. So sweet!

These items are the things she likes. She sent me a copy of the Phantom of the Opera (book version), a copy of her favorite Flogging Molly CD (which is awesome, because I studied abroad in Ireland and always wanted to get into FM), and a dragon statue and dragon claw necklace. Very cool!

Lastly, and my favorite thing, is this great little pillow. It's the letter Z from a scrabble board, and she is definitely good at scrabble - we've already played once on Facebook and she won. We're going to have a rematch soon. Smiley Scrabble is my favorite game also, and I really love the knitting and sewing time she put into this craft. Now I just have to make sure my dog doesn't eat it - he's been eyeing it since I opened the package!

Also, I received four very cool photos in a little scrapbook and a letter. Tcha345 sent me an additional letter after getting my package, which was a bonus treat. (I practically wrote a novel, and I'm hoping it inspired her to write more, instead of scaring her!)

Thanks Tcha! I really like my package and think we're going be great penpals!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008 04:56:57 PM by razberryjam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loobie
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2008 12:34:15 PM »

The awesome-ness that is package three  Grin

Yey - Everything together!! there is so much stuff that it pretty much fills the table Smiley

Handmade Polymer clay charms - These are adorable and so awesome!!! I believe they are made from the starter kit that I sent in package two!

The sweetest bag made by Dawn!!! I love this so much I don't think that I dare to use it!

some books to feed my obsession!

Some notelets and a tin with my initial and some bits and bobs! The cutest magnet from her trip to an aquarium

The tin along with a weeny watering can (so cute!!!) was full of plastic animals, which Dawn suggested would be good to do something melted with - I think thats a very very good plan!!!

Sewing bits and bobs which I took out of the packaging straight away!!

Loads and loads and loads and loads and loads of Buttons!!!! yey!!!! (I might of spent a while sorting through these into different sizes - these are gonna give me hours of fun even before using them to craft!!)

The cutest mini sewing machine - Dawn knows that I'm wanting to learn to sew at some point, so this is a starter for me!!

Thank you so much for this amazing package!!!!

Package Two!

Hurrah!!! I've recieved my second packge from Dawn Octopus - I feel that its gonna put my package to her completely in the shade!!!

First Everything together...

Tonnes of stuff to add to my stash!! I started scrapbooking and I'm putting a family one together for my nan for christmas, so these are really gonna help  Cheesy There is a book with loads of papers in, one with ideas and techniques!

The Wedding Album is actually for photos' of my mums wedding as she got married back in July!

Starter set for Bento! I've recently started making sushi and me and Dawn have been talking about bento boxes and all the yummy-ness so now I've got some amazing Hello Kitty boxes, I can't wait to use these and now I have an excuse to buy more bento stuff!

This is my favourite box! sooo cool!!!

Loads and loads of extras - there was more sweets than this, but lots have been eaten - yum! There were some sour heads that made me dance around at the sour-ness when I ate one!

Thank you so so much dawn!! its all brilliant - I don't think I've listed everything but it should all be in the pics Smiley

PACKAGE ONE

Yey!!!!  Cheesy Grin I recieved my first package off Dawn Octopus! Everything is brilliant  Cheesy

Take a look at the piccy's below...

All the stuff nicely wrapped up (it was a massive amount of will power usage to take this pic!) ...

Everything opened...

Scrap book and letter - I love the stationery that the letter is on! Its so good to see photo's in the scrap book of my new friend who I have been talking to so much  Cheesy

Boston things! the lobster is genius - I love his coat! and can't wait to read this book I've been so close to buying it so many times!

Dawn's favourite things... a book by her favourite author (which I may have already started to read!), some very cute stationery, her favourite magazine (which looks very cool) and some disney tapes!

Crafted items - a couple of gorgeous hammocky rat bags for my pet fancy rats - they will love these - but most probably will also chew them to pieces! A headband, a sewn bookmark!

the fabrics are gorgeous - here is a close up of the hammock material (see why I am jealous of the ratties??).

and a sneaky not so little extra...

Dawn has discovered that I love dragons - this stamp is perfect  Grin

Thank you so much for my first package I love every thing  Grin

(sorry about the dodgy-ness of some of the photos - despite having got a new camera at last christmas I'm still rubbish at taking photo's)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008 01:24:33 PM by loobie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got the eeby geeby's!
kathleenalice
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008 01:21:49 PM »

My gallery - it shall be right here!

Update 27/08 - I only have the internet at work at the minute so can't post proper pics, but I've taken a photo on my phone and sent it to myself as a picture message! So here's the first package...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008 07:00:32 AM by kathleenalice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

the franz
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2008 03:18:46 PM »

Awesome Gallery of Goodies from crescentfresh

Package Numero uno!
crescentfresh is one dog-gone talented girl and her first package really showed it! 
First off she combined the letter and the scrapbook into one really cool little book. The cover is made of a map of her home state (look for the circle)

Check out the first page, all hand drawn!

Her favorite things are:
Nag Champa (so thats what smelled so good!) and Dominic by William Steig.  The book arrived separately the day before and kinda freaked me out a little bit because old lady (now dead) who used to live in the house I'm moving into read alot (there are thousands of her old books in my shed) and I thought it might have been some sort of message from the grave.

Crescentfresh also sent me the cutest little tin of curry powder and her recipe for Kablam's Curry Bliss

Crafty Goodness:
I cannot stress enough what a talented and creative gal my partner is.
She sent me a bitchin' polymer clay pendant of "rasta asteroids" and a river stone painted with teeny tiny little eyes on it.

A groovy purple knit bracelet that looks like it was done on itty-bitty needles.  I have now officially fallen in love with the purple yarn she used.

An amazing lino print of a bus which she mounted on a card for me.  The other card is a print by a local artist in the Olympia area.  I'm seriously considering framing both of them.

Local Items:
Crescentfresh sent me a her bf's CD which is yet to be released yet so I got one of the first copies!  It's so awesome that I didn't get picture of it because I was listening to it. She also sent an educational card of the species of invertebrates native to the pacific northwest including the geoduck which is her school mascot.

In closing, my first package from crescent fresh was THE COOLEST and I'm super stoked to have her as my friend!

Package #2 !
I have been wanting to learn/get better at PC for a very long time so crescentfresh sent me an AWESOME starter kit that included clay (duh!), a really cool how to book with the cutest projects, tinting powder and really pretty molds.  She also sent me awesome bracelet that highlights all the cool stuff you can do with PC. I'm going to try my hand at it today!

She added some really fun yarn and a pair of circs to my stash.  I'm a complete sucker for yarn and loved the SWS so much that I had to start knitting with it immediately hence the WIP in the pic! Grin

Thank you sooo much crescentfresh!
Package # 3 of AWESOMENESS!
So here is the first taste of goodness a needle-roll!  I've lusted after one of these for along time and now I've got one!  This was the first needle roll crescentfresh ever made and I must say she did a damn good job of it.  She incorporated a mandala which had been part of favorite things that I sent her.

Next up some bleepity awesome vintage inspired PC buttons taken straight from my wists!  I love these way too much and have already begun replacing the buttons on my favorite cardigan with these guys!

A totally neato PC jar with beads that match the macrame bracelect crescentfresh sent me in package numero dos and the coolest Day of the Dead necklace ever!  I've had the necklace on ever since this photo was taken and received several compliments on it.

A coffee container for my precious, precious coffee beans containing the tastiest Cadbury Flake bar and crescentfresh's favorite strawberry hardcandy.

And last but not least, some delish tea (one has already been drunk) and a truly inspiring ATC!

Thank you sooooo much crescentfresh, I have truly enjoyed becoming your friend!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008 05:08:56 PM by the franz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcook72677
I fink you freeky

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2008 08:49:10 PM »

This spot is reserved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade and vintage goodness!
www.gibsgoods.etsy. com
TAOJ

eating my strawberries

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008 08:26:22 AM »

My last package from oxynitrate arrived, I'll be sad to see this swap over, but I do hope that we will keep in touch. Here is all my goodies, 2 pair of socks, one warm and fuzzy and another pair of great knee high socks, we both have a love of socks, an einstien finger puppet for her love of kitch and science. She collects masks so she sent me a great one, now I'll have something different to wear for halloween this year  Cheesy and some of her favorite incense.  She then painted a box for me with some cherry blossoms and inside put a star necklace and some wonderful hair pieces, I love the color  Kiss and my DD is very jealous, but I'm not sharing these ones with her  Wink

Package # 2  Grin
Oxynitrate made me a readers lovers package, I do like to read, but now I'm more organized about it. There is a Jpod book (I've never watched the tv show, but probably will once I read the book), a journal to keep track of books (who recommended them, favorite quotes, authors, etc), book tags and some book marks made by her BF  Smiley
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/2806478088_63d30c2694.jpg

Then we have a knitting kit, something I love to do and I believe oxynitrate also enjoys  Smiley
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2806478432_07facef0db.jpg

And a Strawberry Shortcake bag and nightlight (I love her) and some mosiac tiles as I want to learn how to do them:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2162/2805628517_31f658bfe2.jpg

I have pictures, thanks to my new friend oxynitrate  Smiley

First off we checked out the scrapbook which tells about her (the postcards in front are hiding some of her info) and where she lives and some of her pets. My daughters were loving all the pets as she even had a hedgehog! and of course postcards of the area and a bookmark for a local band. We checked out the local papers and I must say I wish I lived somewhere more culturally diverse  Roll Eyes  After that I opened up a package with a really cool tote and a book that we are trying to decide who gets to read first. Next package was an angel food cake mix, so middle daughter and myself were trying to decide when to make it and of course have strawberries with it  Grin So then I read the letter and thought, I don't know what she's talking about I didn't seen any chocolates, bubble bath, soap or jelly beans  Huh Maybe my new friend forgot to put them in, after all they are here favorites. Then it occurs to me to look inside the cake mix box, yup, there they all are  Grin  So I'm a little slow  Wink
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008 09:38:30 AM by TAOJ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftgirl_sampson
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2008 06:44:54 PM »

My mini Gallery
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to to personal swaps  Smiley Tongue

Check out Aroha trip to Canada
http://arohameetstheworld.piczo.com/?cr=6
rossana9041
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2008 09:42:17 AM »

coming soon:  my gallery
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crescentfresh
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2008 10:20:41 AM »

galleria a la croissant.. fresca
--UPDATED WITH SECOND PACKAGE!-- 8/28/08
---UPDATED WITH THIRD PACKAGE!! -- 9/20/08

I got the first package from the franz! hey hey heeyyy its all things that are good~~~

here is everything displayed on my papasan.

Here is a list of all that was sent: for her favorite things; multicolored thread, cool fold up yellow flowery bag, a mandala coloring book, bubble bath body wash and a trashy tabloid.
Local Items; Christmas decoration book from her town, a tshirt with her boyfriends band logo, and a mug from her favorite local bar.
What she does best is knit! check out that orange hat! i love it allll

somehow my kitten got into almost every shot, so I decided to make her the star of the show here:

---------------------------------ON TO THE SECOND PACKAGE!-------------------------------------------

Woo! so according to the tracking this arrived the day after I left for California for 12 days, and when I got home it was hiding from me! (must have gotten buried by my roommate) but now it is unleashed! and oh man, is it sweet.

for my stash::
Some rocks from the Franz's yard, soon to be painted as part of my collection(pictured below, along with the groovy cards she sent)

Recipe cards with monster trucks on em, a stack of origami papers, catnip from her garden (to distract the kitties while I craft), a polymer clay-ed jar full of lovely beads, and sunglasses - for looking cool of course =P

Three skeins of brilliantly colored red heart yarn, and a crochet hook, AND circular bamboo knitting neddles (in a size I didn't have yet, awesome!)

And the KIT! ohhhh its good. It's a few gourds and supplies to paint and make bird feeders out of them! I can't wait to get down with these and show you all how lucky the birds in my hood be.

I have the best partner, hands down
thanks ms franzie!

------------ON TO THE THIRD AND FINAL PACKAGE! ----------------------

Sooo, yesterday my package arrived, and I was a bit worried, seeing as it looked like a box-monster had crushed it

Luckily, nothing was harmed =)
And inside were some beautiful goodies - a groovy blouseydress that I surely dig and intend to modify a wee bit (i'll post that when I finish with it too)
A quilted waterbottle cozy that i'll prob add a strap too -- I love it, totally my colors.

A magic expanding towel, and 'fresh daisy' air freshener  just for kicks.

And a 'secret' atc confession of being a wine lover (me too, man . and I've had some good times with that fancy boxed wine)
I enjoy the package, and hooray for making a new far-off friend. thanks for everything ms franz!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008 01:26:14 PM by crescentfresh - Reason: update with new photos! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2008 12:23:39 PM »

HERE'S MY LAST AND FINAL PACKAGE FROM OXYNITRATE!! I am really going to miss this swap! It was really a lot of fun crafting for the same person for so long and kinda knowing exactly what would be perfect for them! I really hope we stay in touch!! Thanks again Oxy for everything!

This is what I saw when I opened my package:

Here are some more faves, an awesome book that I have actually started to read and I think I like! Some amazing smelling soap that I could smell as soon as I opened the package! And some super cozy soft leg warmers!

Crafted item #1, a beautiful flower necklace made out of polymer clay that I am actually going to hang on my wall over my sewing machine!

Crafted item #2, a totally amazing bleached shirt! I absolutey love it! It fits perfectly and I got a ton of compliments on it the first time I wore it.

Close up of frog!

And last but not least a couple little extras! A keychain for my b/f, who by the way was super excited about it and put it on his keychain right away! As soon as he found out where Oxy was from he started brainstorming all the things she could "send" him Wink! A super cute little jelly frog to add to my collection, and some super strong incennse.

Then of course was my letter! This was the coolest letter I have recieved so far, she typed it up on a typewriter! It was really cool and very funny to read! Thank you so much Oxy for everything we enjoyed every last part of it!

IT'S HERE! MY FIRST/SECOND PACKAGE FROM OXYNITRATE!!!
Here's a group shot of the wonderful goodness I received

All wrapped up still! (please ignore the messy table, I use the kitchen for my crafts there's more room Cheesy and I had just got home and couldn't wait to open my package!)

This is her where she is from, who she is and what she does bestestest! A photo album of herself and friends, a CD with her b/f music and an awesome felted cuff!

Close-up of the cuff!! In my fave colours too!!

One of her fave things, St Ives warming Scrub (wrapped in some fabric for my stash!)! Its perfect timing to as my scrub was running out and I was looking into trying a new kinda! Also I love St. Ives stuff too!

Some add to my stash(es)! Some paper, a really cool pencil and some blending stumps! I can't even remember where my old blending stump is, the last time I saw it it was all brown and gross from sitting in a messy pencil case!

The awesome pencil! Its a triangle shape!

My new craft kit part 1! A jewelery kit in my fave colour I can't wait to try it!!

Part 2! A little case to hold beads and findings complete with beads and findings!

The tools for my new craft and more fabric for my stash!

A little gift for my son:

A teddy bear and the card:

It's "My Pet Monster"! I used to watch that show all the time when i was Little and even had my own monster!!

And finally the letter! There's some pretty crazy coincidences between the two us, I quite enjoyed ready the letter!

Thank you much Oxy! I loved it all and can't wait for the next package!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008 12:18:50 PM by Slingmomma - Reason: package 3 pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding
Raw Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Magnolia Bakery Strikes Balance Between Sweet and Smart
Healthier Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
Chef Graham’s Apple Tart Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...