A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
739 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 18129 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008 05:29:29 PM »

I Received my first package from Tanzie (aka my bitch) WOOHOO!!!! I love everything

I don't recall what I opened first because this was not delivered on Saturday due to a lazy mail lady whose been reported for not delivering my mail! So I had to go downtown and get it today and came home and tore in!

Here we go

A Pink T-shirt with just the appropriate phrase!

Post cards and a Key to the Florida keys! (ones suppose to be for the hubby..hmm which one??)

the baking portion...Paula Deans magazine with some WONDERFUL recipes inside, some fabulous (yes I drank some) Key Lime Juice so I can make real key lime pies woohoo...and a Shot glass because my bitch collects them so I have to now too!

Heres the relax and pamper portion with homemade honey, almond, oatmeal soap thats really nice! Some wonderful lemon Bath gel, body spray and lotion YAY and a wonderful Lemon Verbena Candle mmmmm

COOKIES!!!!!! and Pistachios which are my bitches favorite and I don't think she knew they were mine too but we seem to share a brain.

Some wonderful feltable wool

Chenille thick and quick....again don't think she knew this was one of my favorites too but it is!

A Novella candle (I secretly think she picked out cause it was pink) The post it rad "Because Cheech and Ching live next door" My husband started laughing and asked if it was legal to send bongs in the mail....no but novellas YES LOL

And my bitch sent me cock! Good little bitch

And a free form Mighty Oak scarf I love!!! I have added it to it's scarf friends and it will be worn as soon as it's not 90 and humid

Thank You Tanzie I love it all and OMG can't wait till package 2 now.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008 09:50:38 AM by Bugaboo1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008 05:32:03 PM »

Reserved for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
CeruleanEyes

Looking for a Swappers Anonymous program....

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008 05:34:54 PM »

I got my first package yesterday!!  Haylie did such an awesome job!!

Here is the whole pile of goodies, waiting to be ripped into:

First off we have the 'Who You Are' category.  Haylie made this really neat album for me.  I really like her idea, very imaginative!!

Next is the 'Where Are You From' category:

She sent me several things that represent where she's from.  She sent something for everyone in my family!!  My daughter Madeline got this:

Madeline says 'Thank You!!!'.  She put it on right away and wore it all day.  She also loves the pen and notebook. Cheesy

And she sent me a little package of touristy stuff for/about Michigan and the Detroit area:

Now we have the 'What You Like' category:

She sent this delicious scented body wash.  It's her favorite and it smells soooo good!! 

Haylie loves roses and she made a beautiful painted flower cut-out and framed it for me.  (I love black frames so it's doubly awesome!  Cheesy)

And Haylie loves turtles!  So she made this adorable stuffie for my youngest, Elaina.  She says she just 'totally winged it'.  I say 'Holy Cow!!'.  She did a super job- it came out so good!!!  It LOOKS like a turtle!!  LOL  I can't 'wing it' when I sew. If that was me, my end result would not resemble a turtle.  LOL  I am impressed with her handiwork!!

I must apologize for the huge water stain.  Elaina thought her little friend either needed a bath or needed a swim.  Grin

And the last category is 'What You Do Best'.  Haylie does a lot of things really well!!  And again, she made awesome stuff for my family. 

For my daughter she sewed this little backpack-type sack.  It is made from t-shirt fabric and it's so well done.  Samantha looooves pink and loves cats so Haylie got it spot on for her.

Close-up of the stencil:

(I couldn't get a better picture.  I'm sorry....)

For my son and my husband she made etched drinking glasses.  Now, my son is a huge NY Yankees fan.  And my husband is a huge Boston Red Sox fan.   Slight turf war going on here.  LOL

Yankees cup:

She put his name on it too.  He loves it very much.  He thought it was the coolest thing ever.  And he loves the fact that he has something to rub in his dad's face that shows he's a Yankees fan.  LOL

The cup she made for my husband:

These glasses are so well done.  My husband (and me!) are so impressed.  And it's hard to impress my husband!  He has a disorder called 'chronic indifference'.  But he doesn't care....
Haylie, you did good!!

Haylie also made me some note cards.  She stencils well and these are so pretty!!

I love abstract flowers and stationary.  Did I tell you my partner rocks??  Cheesy

One last thing is this adorable little salt dough 'thing', as she calls it.  LOL  I used a piece of the ribbon she had wrapped around one of the goodies and I hung it in the window.  I love it.  The colors are my favorite, it's floral and whimsical.  Perfect, perfect and perfect!!  She's got some talent, that girl!!

I also got the required letter.  She wrote it while watching the Bachelorette and she had to interject her thoughts on the show into the letter as she wrote it.  I giggled through the whole letter.  She's very funny.

I am so happy with this package and with my partner.  Thank you so much Haylie!!  I am touched by all the thought and effort you've put into the things you made.  And the fact that you included my entire family, all 6 of us, is most touching of all.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008 10:46:49 AM by CeruleanEyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I totally stole that from your wist!!  Thank you! Cheesy

My Wist- http://www.wists.com/CeruleanEyes
pinksparklystars

Muffin <3 Pumpkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008 05:36:31 PM »

Package #1 Smiley I was so excited, silverlining86 spoiled me for sure <3

Package 2
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008 05:33:22 PM by pinksparklystars » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008 05:36:58 PM »

Finally got pics of my package 3 and here they are!

Since she knew I was moving and would need new pretties for my house she crafted some great goodies for me!

Here are the 3 favorite things she sent, a Vanilla scented candle (smells really good too), post its - which are being put to very good use in our school stuff, and hand sanitizer which I can always use more of. It's funny because these are all things that are favorites of mine too!

She made me a fabulous Sunflower painting for my Sunflower kitchen and she also painted the flower hooks, which are doing a fabulous job of holding my aprons. I love how it brightens up my kitchen!

She also crocheted 2 of these beautiful trivets for me and I have already been using them - they really go well with my color scheme in the kitchen and dining rooms!

Thanks for a great swap! I can't believe how much happened during this swap in each of our lives - it's crazy!

Package 2:

Here is the picture of my 2nd package - yarn to start my stash as I'm just learning to crochet - although I will have to wait awhile to use it as we are moving in a little less than a month  Shocked

Package 1:
Ok for starters we have the letter and Where she is from - a Wisconcin postcard and a GORGEOUS keychain from Thailand - I love that she sent me things from both of the places she is from.

This is the photo album about her - that she made and put together and I love it - I especially love that her mom is her hero.

What she loves - Chocolate! A woman after my own heart! Her favorite is Dove so she sent the caramel Dove chocolates in a fun little tin that I can't wait to reuse(which also happen to be the ones my mom likes too so I shared with her) Also they have the little messages and the first one we opened said "Write a real letter, not just an email" How appropriate for this swap!

What she does best: A stenciled shirt for my youngest monkey, a container of friendship tea I look forward to sharing with my mom & grandma, and a little wallet that is exactly what I was needing - I just bought a new one but had a lot of little cards I didn't have room for and was going to make a little one just like this!

She also threw in some things just for me! A crochet hook and some yarn to try crocheting and the name of a website that has video tutorials. She also sent this cookbook that has cures for things like colds and different things with recipes like spaghetti sauce, etc which is perfect for me as I love that kind of stuff!!

It was all perfect for me and I look forward to getting to know her more!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008 06:11:34 AM by gkswife » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcha345
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008 05:48:21 PM »

Parcel #2:

Package 2 was super awesome! Smiley For the non-crafty hobby, she sent me baking items! Sprinkles, a sifter, vanilla extract and some recipes! I'm a little curious about the tofu pie, but excited about the rest of them.  There's even beer cake! Smiley

I also got 5 great skeins of yarn to add to my stash! I especially love the bamboo yarn.  It's uber soft and wonderful.  Can't wait to use it!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008 06:26:25 PM by tcha345 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
ruledbyvenus
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008 05:51:24 PM »

MAF R2 gallery

Package #1 from my lovely new friend tattoedcrafter

Local stuff- a Reno tank top stenciled in state colors, a stingray tank from a local tattoo shop, pressed framed local flowers, and a Reno water paperweight.

Favorites- a Stephen King novel, The Corpse Bride film, cherry blossom bath fizzies (now where did I put that tub stopper? ^_^), and raspberry vanilla lotion (it smells amazing!)

Best stuff- a knitted shopping bag, an origami star bracelet, and a crochet cherry blossom clutch (Ive been using it to hold my Archos, its awesome!)

Extas- an insanely HUGE lollipop, four kanzashi flowers (Im itching to sew them onto my new tote bag already) and a melted plastic bottle bracelet. There were also some chocolate raspberry sticks, but those mysteriously disappeared [in mah belly!]

Oh! I forgot to take pics of the wicked cool photo album she sent. Its all origami style. Mad skills. Ill try to share the joy of that later.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008 10:05:31 AM by ruledbyvenus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS

Personal swap? Ooooh, pick me, pick me!
suinoko
Strangely Multi-...talented?

GEEK

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008 06:08:00 PM »

This is all the lovely things I have received from SamJ.

Package One

Photo album, which she put a picture of the Welsh flag in, and wrote the Welsh national anthem - in Welsh!

Local items - a tea towel, two magnets and a notebook from Wales. Cheesy

Her favourites - some beads, candy and chocolate. Yummy. I consumed these promptly.

A really nice top that she made me! I love this, and I wore it as soon as I got it, it fits perfectly. Smiley Thankyouu.

Two other small items - a little card wallet and a friendship bracelet (that I have been wearing).

Thank-you Sam! Sorry it took me so long to post these pictures. Sad

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008 05:01:32 AM by suinoko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live only for the present moment, there is no other moment.

Here, take a look at my new Wist!
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008 06:12:54 PM »

Package one and 2 from ruledbyvenus
Craft supplies, light up crochet hooks (awesomeness) dp knitting needles 2 pairs, 5 fat quarters, monkey flannel, waste canvas, Aida, 3 thing peaches and cream yarn, bernat satin, lion brand yarn, Velcro, floss bobbins, folding scissors(I just lost mine)

DIY Kit, She swapped with another craftster for a spinning kit which I can't wait to try,

crafted goodness, handmade barets, handmade gift tags, 4 handmade belts, handmade coasters, 2 bracelets(one corpse bride the other is nightmare before Christmas), crochet bracelet

2 tees

rubber monkeys my son took

other goodness, lotion, pins
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 05:47:37 PM by tattooedcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
polaritygirl
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008 06:14:45 PM »

Unfortunately due to a medical situation I am waaay behind the 8 ball but I am finally posting package one here from love2teach and can I just say I was absolutely spoiled rotten! MY partner is fantastic and does amazing work I am so happy with everything that I can't even express in words! So pictures it is.. now this is my first time posting pictures so please be patient with me!

The whole shebang!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008 09:38:33 AM by polaritygirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Review of the Nikon D300 - Part 1
How to Know whether the Nikon D90 and D300 is Right for You
How to Take Pictures of Lightning with a D-SLR
How to Know Whether The Nikon D700 or D300 is Right for You
How to Clean the Sensor of a Digital SLR
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...