A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 23 year old Rock Star party!  (Read 932 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

em0tionalprayer

On a scale from 1 to awesome...I'm the ish!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 18, 2008 09:49:34 AM »

So I will be turning 23 in August and I want to have a great party to celebrate!

Recently my friends, boyfriend and I have been madly obsessed with Rock Band on the Xbox 360 so I was thinking about possibly having a Rock Star themed party.  The ideas Ive come up with include us all having to dress up as a Rock Star and of course playing Rock Band and having contests and whatnot.  I just need more ideas!  Ideas for dcor, food, and whatever else you can think of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MonkeyBrains

I'm a llama! No no.. I'm a chicken!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008 08:22:23 PM »

There's a post on here for a 5yr old Rock Star party with a few ideas in it, I'm sure you coulds use some oif them for your party, just make them a little more adult..

You could even specifiy what kind of rock star people have to come dressed as, like Glam / Hair Metal, Death Metal etc..

You could print out a heap of cool / bad album covers and stick them around for decoration..  You could even have a Rider printed up for each band & have a table of food underneath the album cover..  There are sites that list actual rider requests from bands so you could use them as a reference point..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poetiksheee
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008 10:30:14 AM »

i'm doing the rockstar theme for my beyond cool 5 year old daughter. i think she got the idea because we're having a punk theme party for my fiance's birthday this month. some of the things i'm doing for his party are..

a dress-up booth (thrifted clothes, fake tattoos, hair color stuff, colored hair extensions, and tattoo sleeves from oriental trading)
a guitar cake
album covers to decorate (join your local freecycle, yahoo group, and ask for albums or album covers, posters or anything rock related- you'd be surprised what's lying around people's houses waiting to be thrown out)
and i'll make up some "rock star shots" and put the recipes and ingrediants out on a table

we ask people to come in costume, but usually no one does, so we're supplying the booth to put people in the right spirit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cookiemaker
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008 08:21:51 PM »

The buttons on Rock Band are the color of M&Ms, they could be sitting out in bowls, and also decorate a rock star cake! Or cupcakes. I don't know much about game systems, but can you hook up two xbox 360s to have eight people playing, like people do with Halo? That would be a good way to have more people involved in the game at a time.

And if you have access to a printer for which you don't have to pay for ink (like at work), maybe rasterbate a some huge posters of your favorite bands to tape to the walls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrandTheftUno
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008 12:49:43 PM »

those buttons are the colour of M&Ms! and there is no brown button!*

If you want to get complicated you could organize people into bands and make each band go on a small tour or play a gig and whichever band earns the most money or gets the highest score wins a prize.

or you could have "whoever gets the highest score on the 'Highway Star' vocals on expert" (or whichever song is really hard to sing, I like doing everything but the ones with rap and "main offender) wins something.

you could make buttons or something that say "rock band rock star", "I play on expert", "I play drums" (with four little circles)

everyone could come dressed as their rock band character, or match up their character to their style of dress when they get there (though chain maille with tusks and spikes might be hard to come by)

a "rock band drums" cake would be wicked easy to make, four circular cakes, a loaf cake for the pedal and some drum sticks.

*I really hope people get this joke
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitterwoman
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008 03:14:13 PM »

Grandtheftuno, I got the joke, I was thinking the same thing!

Maybe you could have a little area outside and get some cheap toy guitars or make some out of cardboard and the same with drums, or have a little area that looks like a little hotel room (just some dollar store items) and have a contest to see who can trash it the quickest.  It's just an idea, not very well thought out but maybe you can do something with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Benson Bobrick Reveals What Readers Think About Him
Jonathan Alter Talks About The Promise
Charlotte Smith Talks About Dreaming of Dior
Rick Warren Reveals His Hobbies
Antwone Fisher Talks About A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...