A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can anyone help me with ideas making a fun fairy shelter/den for a 4th Birthday  (Read 794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Anenome
« on: June 17, 2008 12:02:47 AM »

I want to make a fairy type den in the garden for my daughters 4th birthday party....something a bit magical that the kids will really enjoy....store bought tents just dont cut it in the magic stakes I dont think Wink....so any ideas would be much appreciated....I have a nice biggish lawn but no trees Sad....so I cant use them for a start with it.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
50srocknrollergirl
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008 01:31:50 AM »

You could make something like this for WAY cheaper and decorate it with fake flowers & butterflies.
http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=58/5017&mode=Searching&erec=1&D=tent&Ntt=tent&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&y=10&N=0&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&x=43&sd=Super+Safari%21+Canopy+Tent

Or you could buy a regular white tent from Family dollar for $20 like this http://www.camptents.com/images/SheltersAndCot/CanopyCommercial/Canopy685.jpg
and drape fabric all around it and decorate it.
Hope this helps!  Have a great party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008 02:09:05 AM »

use some poles and string up lines (like washing lines) and drape lengths of material over them, then peg them down or tie them out, it's easy to doand works well
we used to make play tents like that when we were little using blankets and the swing set
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008 02:18:05 AM »

Get a few garden arches and fabric and ribbon to decorate.

Or you could get some plumbing plastic joints and some poles that fit and make up a frame of your own design and size and cover and decorate it. To get an idea look at one of the foldaway playhouse tents - the frame in this sort of thing http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4921739
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anenome
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008 04:57:03 AM »

Thanks guys...the first link is REALLY cute....just what I was sort of imagining...I can do it in pinks using ribbons or strips of cheap fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrandTheftUno
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008 01:05:35 PM »

store bought dining tents/gazebos are like a blank canvas if you leave the included coer off. Buy some cheap gauzey or sparkly sheers from the fabric store and hang it over the assembled tent like this.

I did this for a fake prom, but I am using the same tent with different fabrics this year for a "VIP tent" at my speakeasy party. The look can easily become more whimsicle with sheer and sparkly fabrics. It takes between 10 and 25 M depending on how you do it. All of this fabric was $1 per M
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008 03:46:16 PM »

I am  a huge fan of the card table houses.  One was made for me and my kids have looooooved it so much and it always gets a ton of compliments when people come over!

Here is a basic tutorial on how to make one - you can decorate the outside of it any way you want - with silk flowers sewn on for flowers.. windows... whatever. \
http://nothingfancyschmancy.blogspot.com/2008/06/card-table-playhouse-tips.html

Ever since getting mine I have been dying to make one for someone else - you might feel the same way after making one - especially so great as a fairy house - that could be a ton of creative fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 3/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 6/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 7/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 2/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 4/11
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...