A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: For a summer day w/ sketches and finished garments(lots of pictures)  (Read 1747 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

candikaneiscrafty
« on: June 16, 2008 03:40:03 PM »

So i was able to take some pictures today of my most recent projects granted they are modeled on a dress form that is not my size but it is the best i can do for now since i dont have anyone to take my picture until next week. I decided to water mark the pictures of the dresses since they are my designs and will be going in a portfolio i thought it was the best idea.
so to start in chronological order:
Principle of Fit Final
imagine these on a human

so this dress was designed as a final project for my class where the garment had to fit us. i used a polyester textured chiffon and a black lace. I made a slip for underneath in purple but forgot to stay stitch so it bagged out really bad and now it fits funny. so as a warning to everyone STAY STITCH anything cut on the bias. the dress is meant to be belted and it slips on over my head
A-Line skirt

So this is just a basic a line made out of a vintage fabric looks much better on

Last but not least
Tea Dress
i was thinking about tea parties when i named this one and i think the fabric fits

This one by far is my favorite. I bought the flower fabric a few months ago to make a dress and just got around to it. i love how it turned out and looks much better on me since it was made to fit me not the form. it is very springy and fun to wear. i am so happy i found a matching purple for the waist band and bodice lining. it has a centered zipper down the back and has a rolled hem.

Thank You for looking!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008 04:24:40 PM by candikaneiscrafty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tojoyamoto
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008 09:56:12 PM »

I love the tea dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

... has anyone seen my shoes? I kicked them off in a fit of joy.
Kaitlinnegan
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008 04:00:20 PM »

Very pretty dresses and skirt!  You might be able to steam that bias slip back into shape or reshape it after washing it, then figure out a way to stabilize it (stay stitching, strips of interfacing or straight grain fabric, etc).  Hopefully you have some fun and fancy summer events to wear those dresses to!   Grin  Or, make your own event!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing message board: Sew What's Up
candikaneiscrafty
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008 05:37:30 PM »

Very pretty dresses and skirt!  You might be able to steam that bias slip back into shape or reshape it after washing it, then figure out a way to stabilize it (stay stitching, strips of interfacing or straight grain fabric, etc).  Hopefully you have some fun and fancy summer events to wear those dresses to!   Grin  Or, make your own event!
i wish that would work it just got way to stretched out but i will be able to turn it into a cami
 thank you both!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
We Tried It: The Beer and Vodka Hair Rinse
Get Glossy Hair with Tati
How to Curl Hair With a Curling Wand
Frizz Fighting Products to Beat the Heat
Best Hairstyles To Beat The Summer Heat & Humidity
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...