A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: February Lady Sweater Along?  (Read 10443 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lsmartypants
« on: June 16, 2008 12:10:00 PM »

Hey! I'm about to start knitting the February Lady Sweater found here: http://www.flintknits.com/blog/?page_id=3 Does anybody want to join me in knitting this beautiful sweater?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008 03:23:04 PM »

I will definitely be in.  I can't promise that it will be right away though...   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008 05:29:44 PM »

Ooh, I just added this to my Ravelry queue! At some point (god knows when) I will be joining.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
rosevans4
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008 02:01:25 PM »

i added this to my queue on ravelry too..so, i definately want to do this
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shadowjazz
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008 10:37:25 PM »

And I third the add to queue. I have to finish two sweaters before I will let myself cast on for this though. That, and I have to find enough yarn in my stash for it. I might end up striping it or making it two-tone to bust more stash. I'm concerned that it would be a bit much for this lovely lace pattern though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quiquesmom

I love this show

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008 01:40:13 PM »

I just added this to my Ravelry queue. I need to shop for some yarn for this project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008 05:00:04 PM »

In my queue too, so I might be in. What yarn are you using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkdaylight
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008 09:00:44 AM »

haha me too! i'm thinking of knitting it with cotton.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kamillasvanlund
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008 02:18:09 PM »

I'v just started to knit it (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---

I'm sorry, my English blows

love
tinytallgirl
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008 09:55:25 PM »

I'm in!  I moved it from queue to projects on Ravelry.

Dang...this is going to be my first sweater ever.  I hope I get the gauge swatch right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
Steffania
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008 07:35:33 PM »

i really want to make this, but i need to find the right yarn
what is everyone else using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachillsk8
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008 11:04:43 AM »

i really want to make this, but i need to find the right yarn
what is everyone else using?

Someone had one on Raverly that was done in Lion Brand Cotton Ease.  It looked great (plus it's cheap and machine washable).  I actually just did a baby sweater for a shower gift in that yarn, and was surprised with how nice it is now (I'm normally a bit of a yarn snob...but then again cotton is cotton...and Patons and Lion Brand and some of these other companies are really putting out some nicer stuff in the past few years). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008 08:11:17 PM »

There's a finished one posted here on craftster.  She didn't say what yarn she used though.  I wanted to dye my own so that it would be a semi-solid, but I'm not sure it's the type of sweater I want to wear in a wool...  Still undecided.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
pamelabee
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008 01:18:39 PM »

There's a big Ravelry knitalong too, with tons of really useful information. http://www.ravelry.com/groups/february-lady-sweater-kal
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daizyduke
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008 09:32:10 PM »

I want to do this sweater next. Is anyone omitting the eyelet increase row or substituting with a different increase? I am not so sure I like the yarn overs. Thanks. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
rachillsk8
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008 09:40:55 PM »

I want to do this sweater next. Is anyone omitting the eyelet increase row or substituting with a different increase? I am not so sure I like the yarn overs. Thanks. Cheesy

You could either kfb or M1 and KTBL to twist the stitch...you won't get the holes as you would for a YO with either of those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008 06:54:07 AM »

And yes, in the Rav KAL, some people are leaving out the eyelets completely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
rosevans4
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008 12:25:04 PM »

In my queue too, so I might be in. What yarn are you using?

am using lionbrand wool ease..i found a nice greenish color..so far, am loving it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindseyrose

Me as a Christmas tree!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008 01:23:05 PM »

I started knitting it about 2 weeks ago.  I'm using Filatura Lanarota Chaco worsted weight in a lovely yellow color.  It's knitting up great!  I just finished the yoke and have started the lace!  I really like the yo increases because they sort of lead right into the lace. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindseyrose.wordpress.com
lindseyrose.etsy.com
quiquesmom

I love this show

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008 06:36:40 PM »

Here's a progress picture.  I'm knitting with Pakucho yarn.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
615bride
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008 03:35:37 PM »

Looks great so far! I haven't started yet....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

adirtyspoon
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008 10:06:10 PM »

I started mine about a week ago, got into the lace today. I'm using brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in a pretty teal color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geniebueller
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008 08:25:29 PM »

I LOVE this sweater.  and i LOVE the semi-solid yarn---but i dont want to spend 50, 60+ dollars on yarn.  i'm on a budget, so as a result experimenting with dyeing my own yarn.  is anyone else doing the same?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008 11:25:29 AM »

yay i'm in!  i've been in a really terrible knitting slump (haven't knit anything since february!), but this sweater is cute enough to have brought me out of it Smiley  i'm going to be using lion brand cotton ease in the light grey color.  i just wanted something neutral and easy for my first sweater Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

allthingspink
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008 06:45:47 PM »

Is it too late to join in??? I just found this string tonight.  This sweater is beautiful and just the thing to lift my eternally disenchanted spirits, I think.

I think I will pick up cotton-ease tomorrow... mmmmm... can't wait to cast on.

~~Charley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If God really loved us, our saliva would taste like chocolate.
Lotte
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008 02:10:32 PM »

I am doing this sweater  Grin

I found some yarn on sale in Michaels - Patons Classic Merino in Rich Red, and it was only $2 a ball... so I bought all they had.  And tehre is more than enough to make this.

Havent got very far yet - only done about 10 rows or so, so not enough for a progress pic yet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008 09:15:03 AM »

ugh i'm stuck on the first button hole.  after i go to lunch i'm going to try and work it out lol.  i can be such a doofus sometimes!

how's everyone's sweaters coming along?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

adirtyspoon
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008 11:31:25 PM »

Mine's almost done! every time I complete a pattern rep I try it on. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daizyduke
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008 12:07:07 AM »

ugh i'm stuck on the first button hole.  after i go to lunch i'm going to try and work it out lol.  i can be such a doofus sometimes!

So far I started over 3 times because of the buttonhole! I finally decided to use EZ's buttonhole from Knitters Almanac. Hopefully it works this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
CinnaOfDoom
Future Domestic Goddess

obsessed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008 06:15:41 AM »

I started mine a couple weeks ago (but have set it aside to finish my Ravelympics projects). I'm using Paton's Classic Merino, that I hand dyed myself. I have pics up on my ravelry projects page. and on my blog (cinnaofdoom.wordpress.com). Haven't quite finished the increases yet. It seems easy enough as a project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting my way into the heart of a generation.
cherry blossom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008 08:30:48 AM »

So far I started over 3 times because of the buttonhole! I finally decided to use EZ's buttonhole from Knitters Almanac. Hopefully it works this time.

someone posted a link to this buttonhole tutorial over on ravelry.  i'm going to give it a go...the other tut from the pattern is too confusing to me lol.  good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quiquesmom

I love this show

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008 09:32:24 AM »

Progress:
I need to knit the other sleeve, weave in ends, block, and sew on buttons.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kamillasvanlund
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2008 10:50:03 AM »

I am done with my February Lady Sweater (:
sience I'm new I'm not allowed to post pictures, here it is: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/001-103.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---

love
quiquesmom

I love this show

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2008 05:48:44 PM »

It looks really good on you.  I really like the buttons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008 08:07:53 PM »

Progress:
I need to knit the other sleeve, weave in ends, block, and sew on buttons.

that color is so pretty!  that will be a perfect fall sweater Smiley  can't wait to see it finished!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008 08:08:19 PM by cherry blossom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherry blossom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008 08:09:05 PM »

I am done with my February Lady Sweater (:
sience I'm new I'm not allowed to post pictures, here it is: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/001-103.jpg

those buttons are so great!!  it looks really good Cheesy 

i can't wait to finish  mine now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lotte
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008 03:44:49 PM »

I was doing really well with it until the other night.

I had got the yoke done, separated it into sleeves and body and done about 3" of the lace pattern for the body.

but when I separated into sleeves and body I had had a glass of wine.  And accidentally ended up following the directions for the wrong size  Roll Eyes  so I have had to frog back to where the yoke was and start on the lace pattern again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stealtheshow

Work is beginning to be a nuisance for my crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008 06:11:06 AM »

I'm quite new to craftster, but I got started with my FLS last night, so I'm joining in!

My first modification was on the raglan increases on the yoke, instead of M1 to the sides of the marked garter stitch, I'm using yo's and doing the marked stitch on stockinette.

I'm using New Lanark's Aran in shade Woodland. It's a lovely green with random flecks of darker green, rusty reds and browns. It looks good on the ball but amazing when knit Smiley I'll be taking pics tonight so I'll try to link to them later on in here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daizyduke
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2008 06:33:47 PM »

I'm quite new to craftster, but I got started with my FLS last night, so I'm joining in!

My first modification was on the raglan increases on the yoke, instead of M1 to the sides of the marked garter stitch, I'm using yo's and doing the marked stitch on stockinette.

Can you post a photo? I would like to see how thr mods look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008 08:05:12 PM »

You could also use KFB for the incs instead of M1. I think that looks better in garter stitch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
stealtheshow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008 11:01:36 AM »

Can you post a photo? I would like to see how thr mods look.

Indeed - http://picasaweb.google.com/stealtheshow/FebruaryLadySweater/photo#5237029895943308642
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2008 01:19:44 PM »

stealtheshow- that is a beautiful color!  i started mine over a few days ago (i hadn't gotten very far anyway Wink ) so i could do yo's instead of kfb.  i think it adds some interest to the top Smiley

i just did my first buttonhole the other night, and things are coming along Smiley  i'll post a picture soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kamillasvanlund
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008 05:30:17 AM »

those buttons are so great!!  it looks really good Cheesy 

i can't wait to finish  mine now!

Thanks (: I'v made the buttons in fimo Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---

love
stealtheshow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008 01:19:21 AM »

stealtheshow- that is a beautiful color!  i started mine over a few days ago (i hadn't gotten very far anyway Wink ) so i could do yo's instead of kfb.  i think it adds some interest to the top Smiley

i just did my first buttonhole the other night, and things are coming along Smiley  i'll post a picture soon

Thanks, it's the first time I've chosen green for a project, I'm obsessed with red and pink, and my wardrobe could do with a change. Anoter mod I'm doing to the FLS is about the buttonholes. I'm not doing any, my Tangled Yoke has press studs and I like that so much better. In the FLS I'll put buttons on the outside for decorative purposes, though. Waiting to see yours, cherry blossom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Festive Halloween Decorations
How to Dye Fabrics at Home
How to Make a Wedding Pomander
How to Make Edible Halloween Decor
How to Make Hand Crafted Glitter Pumpkins
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...