A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,478
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are your favorite hostess gifts?  (Read 1006 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lollipop
« on: June 16, 2008 11:04:14 AM »

This may not be the right board for the topic, I'm not sure. I was wondering what some of y'alls favorite hostess gifts to give and/or receive are... =) I've never actually given or received any because those opportunities unfortunately haven't come up yet... but I think it's cute, and am planning on starting to give them fairly soon, and was just looking for some creative ideas or classic favorites. Thanks!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If adventures do not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.
-Jane Austen
rainylakechick
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008 09:12:23 AM »

A bottle of wine.  I like to give and receive wine.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitterwoman
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008 06:02:01 PM »

I usually bring a plant or flowers.  You could also do a small gift basket.  If you want to make something yourself you could do soap or cookie mix with recipe, something like that.  Maybe make a basket that matches the ocassion that you are a guest for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008 06:40:38 PM »

Easy to make & inexpensive:

Embroidered towels (either kitchen tea towels, or finger towles for bathroom.) embelish to fit in with a theme or holiday.  If you don't embroider you can decorate with rick rack or trim

hand painted or eteched wine glasses or coasters. or vase or ashtray or candy dish.

bottle of wine with a fancy stopper.

dry mixes to be mixed with sour cream or mayo tomake dip. (can be very simple even just a mix of dried dill & celery seeds in a pretty bottle with the suggrestrion to add a couple tablespoons to a cup of sour cream. )with a pretty bowl to serve it in.

a fancy ice cube tray with falvored salt or sugar for rimming glasses with a recipe that it would be used for. (ie lime salt with a margarita recipie) add the matching alcohol if you can too.

homemade truffles or candies in a pretty dish.

you can find brand new looking dishes, glasses etc at thrift stores.  if thye are cloudy soak over night in a sink of hot water with some store brand denture cleaning tablets.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie Dye a Cotton Bag
How to Tie Dye a Spiral Effect
How to Do a Dip Dye Effect
How to Tie Dye Baby Clothes with Vegetable Dye
How to Apply Colours To Silk Scarf
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...