A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Planner & Planning Scrapbook  (Read 15385 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*MAR*
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008 11:46:07 AM »

"Really....You did all this in two days?" - haaaaaaaaaaaaaaha ha ha.
That is hilarious! Aw, boys are so cute.

Don't worry, you'll be grand, you'll be great. You've got nearly 9 months. I got engaged February of '07 and got married July of '07. If I can do it in five months, you could do it twice in 9 months - I have no doubt!

Can't wait to see your planning take shape. Be sure to post us lots of pics!
Have you been to Snippet & Ink yet? Ooooooh, inspiration land. I still go to look at the website for colour combo inspiration. I love the inspiration boards.
http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LinzSerena
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008 06:34:12 AM »

I was a little panicked about trying to plan (mostly b/c I work full time and go to grad school full time), but my fiance has jumped in head first and has been working on everything for me; contacting vendors & negotiating deals, researching photographers, etc. His mother is very "martha-stewarty" so she's all about helping with stuff as well. I am thinking that at this pace, we might have most of it planned by the end of my Xmas break from school. Smiley
To ask me, he made a fake "Save-The-Date" for our own wedding, which had the church & reception info (which he booked ahead of time!), so the hardest two things are already done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
---------------------------------------------
"All great achievements require time" ~Maya Angelou
*MAR*
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008 11:04:33 AM »

Now THAT'S what I call confidence! He booked the church & reception hall before he proposed? Hmmm, sounds like it was a done deal! How cute too, making a faux save the date to propose. Sounds like you've got a sweet one that is creative too! Good luck with the planning vacation. (Christmas? What Christmas? This is our planning holiday break!)  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009 11:36:11 AM »

OK... this is how stupid I am. We've had a 3 year long engagement and with less than 3 months to go, I'm just now seriously starting to do stuff for the wedding.
So I figured, the first real step should be to get organized. Then Linz pulled this topic back up and reminded me, so I'm finally going to get started on reorganizing my binder.
I went to a bridal show yesterday with my fiance and got lots of business cards, so I tried to find a business card page... I hate Walmart. They never friggin have anything I need.
But yay, for finally getting organized and yay for having helpful craftsters to help! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
*MAR*
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009 11:31:00 AM »

I got my business card holder pages at Target, but they have them at Office Depot and Office Max. If you have either of those down there. hth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LinzSerena
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009 02:35:35 PM »

I think I got mine @ staples or office max... I've also become addicted to excel spreadsheets and have one set up for each and every type of vendor that I contact/email/visit website. It helps once the phone calls and emails get crazy so you can remember what you liked/disliked about each vendor and try to negotiate. 

I can email a blank worksheet if you'd like.

-Lindsey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
thekster
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009 11:46:18 PM »

hahah my fiance is a financial analyst so he uses Exel every day, and he was dissatisfied with the way I used Word for a spreadsheet-type thing, so he made his own in Excel. On a semi-related note, he's driving me NUTS. But thanks, that's a good idea! I really think that after tomorrow, I can chunk all the business cards we have anyway cuz we've decided where we want (finally! woo!) and they do pretty much everything. *sigh of relief*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

LinzSerena
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009 05:37:41 PM »

So even though when my fiance proposed, he had the chapel & reception area set up - we ended up switching locations too. We're also going with a place that does it all. It's soooo much easier that way and honestly, I just don't have the time/patience for more in depth planning than what I'm doing already.
We both are spreadsheet geeks and had each venue that we contacted in an excel spreadsheet. Each time they offered a "deal" (free ceremony, free chairs, less cost per person, etc), we'd update the number in excel and it would calculate out the total for each place (incl tax/tip). It was nice to negotiate when you can say "well, that only saves us $300.."
p.s. - men can drive us crazy... this week he managed to get my ring lost in the mail after it was sent for resizing... let's just say that didn't go over well... thankfully i got my ring back, but sheesh!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
- Ellen Degeneres
thekster
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009 01:31:06 AM »

Well despite the fact that you guys have changed your location(s) it's still an awesome way that he proposed to you. I don't know about you, but I feel a lot better knowing that we went with a place that does it all.
Haha that's cool that you can put that stuff into a spreadsheet. I don't think my finace has thought of that, as a way to negotiate deals. We're not really ones that like to negotiate ANYTHING and pretty much just go with what ppl tell us to pay or don't buy it at all. We're lame.
So where did you end up booking?
Oh man, lost in the mail? I know how that feels! (Well, the losing part, not the mail part...or the getting it back part.) I'm glad you got yours back though. It's a horrible feeling to lose something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LinzSerena
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009 01:45:37 PM »

Well we have to wait until Monday to confirm location & book (the owner is on vacation.. can you believe it???)
I'm looking forward to going to a place that does it all. I'll let you know once we have it finalized. Their centerpieces aren't ideal, but I don't care.. since I don't have to do them Smiley
I just want to be like a groom & show up and have it all done for me Smiley

As for negotiation - I TOTALLY recommend it. A lesson that someone taught me years ago was whenever someone tells you a price (no matter what it is).. ALWAYS say "I assume that's negotiable". You'd be amazed. That statement almost always results in a "Yes" or "of course it is!". I rarely pay sticker price on anything.

Hopefully next week I'll have more planned. I'm back in school as of Monday, but I'm hoping to get something done in between classes.

-Lindsey

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
- Ellen Degeneres
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Farai Chideya Talks About Kiss the Sky
Meet Author Simon Majumdar
Silencing Sam Book Trailer
Isabel Gillies Reveals Her Favorite Movies
Danielle Staub Talks About The Naked Truth
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...