A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Planner & Planning Scrapbook  (Read 15288 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thekster
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008 12:28:25 PM »

GAH! *drools* OK, I've only got so far as the second page and I love it! The pic of you from behind with your veil? lurve. And your scrapbook looks, from what I can see, better than any I've done. Trust me. Smiley
I still have the MyPublisher program on my computer but haven't even opened it since downloading it on this comp hah.
OK let me go look through the rest Smiley
(edit)
Awwww Mar! I got all teary-eyed looking through that! I love all the pictures. The way you put it together is wonderful. I felt like I was there watching it. I saw (probably) all of your posts on here so I knew your wedding was awesome, but this book just makes me wish I had been there. So purty.
Did you do the little corner borders? I don't remember seeing those as part of the program, but I could definately be wrong.
(edit 2)
Was actually a picture of the marriage license, or did you draw it up/alter it? The only one I've seen in real life is my mom and dad's and their's looks nothing like that.
*squeal* I love it!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008 12:38:40 PM by thekster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
*MAR*
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008 02:12:53 PM »

Thanks! awww, if I could get you teary eyed, I wonder how my Mom will react??  Smiley  Oh, and it was a picture of us at the Cook County Courthouse downtown holding up our marriage license! So, it is the actual piece of paper, and us holding it. I had all these illusions (delusions!) of creating a beautiful one in the vein of the "ketubbah" style. I downloaded about a million different styles and was going to handpaint my own and have everyone sign it. Well, guess what got nixed when I came down to the wire! But, if you want some inspiration for beautiful ketubbah's, let me tell you, I've got the motherload, just PM me! I don't happen to be Jewish, but there is something about the romantic elaborate drawings that really speaks to me. Here's a favourite gallery of mine:
http://www.ketubbah.com/gallery.html

You are quite the trooper getting through that whole wedding album. My husband was actually there and he had a hard time the second time last night! ha. In order to get those little design things in the corners all you have to do is upload the "wedding" style, and those options will automatically load when you are building your pages. If I had had ALL the darn time in the world I would have designed each page in PowerPoint and uploaded them as full bleed in order to take advantage of the sheer massive size of each page.

Hey, is your maid of honour crafty? Maybe she could start collecting stuff for you and then at your bridal shower you could have your guests each do a page for you too. All the fun with none of the hassle! : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LinzSerena
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008 05:49:06 AM »

Hey all! I found this link yesterday w/ some more planner pages. I am not planning yet (okay, so I obviously am LOOKING at wedding stuff since I found this link... but that's not really planning, right?)... but rumor has it, I will be planning soon... Stay tuned! Smiley
Here's the link:
http://www.pashweddings.com/library/free-wedding-planner.php

And here's a table of contents that I may have accidentally typed up while I was not planning: (subcategories are in parenthesis)
1.   Planning Overview (Timeline, Calendar (google "free printable calendars 2009"))
2.   Getting started (Wedding vision worksheet, Wedding planning tips)
3.   Budget (Setting Priorities, Calculating Gratuities, Budget Worksheet)
4.   Attendants, Family & Guests
5.   Stationary (Newspaper Announcements, Save-The-Date Cards, Invitations, Table Places, Thank You       
6.   Ceremony (locations, officiant, Order of the Ceremony, Program, Seating, Processional, Music, Rings,    Vows, Receiving Line, Marriage license,
7.     Reception (Locations, Seating, Caterer, Decoration, Favors, Equipment Rental, DJ, Music, Special Dances, 1st Dance Choreography, Cake,
8.   Flowers & Décor (Bridal Bouquet, Bridemaid Bouquets, Groom Corsage, Groomsmen Corsage, Mothers’ Corsage, Decorations for Church, Decorations for Reception)
9.   Appearance (Dress, Store, Fittings, Pick-up, Shoes, Veil/Headpiece, Undergarments, Garter, Hair, Makeup, Nails & Toes, Preserving the Dress)
10.   Wedding Party (Grooms Attire & Shoes, Bridemaid Dresses & Shoes, Bridesmaid Measurements, Groomsmen Attire & Shoes, Groomsmen Measurements/Sizes, Other Wedding Party Attire, Bachelor/ette Parties, Showers, Attendant Responsibilities)
11.   Gifts (Where to Register, What, Gift Log)
12.   Photography/Videography (Photographer,    Prices, Photo Checklist)
13.   Rehearsal Dinner (Location, Guest List, Seating, Gifts to Give)
14.   Transportation (To Ceremony, Ceremony -> Reception, Reception -> Hotel, Hotel -> Brunch, Brunch -> Honeymoon)
15.   Big Day Details
16.   Post-Wedding Brunch (Guest List, Food, Paper goods,
17.    Honey Moon
18.   Post-Honeymoon Wedding Bliss (Changing Names, Changing Addresses, Tax forms, Moving Company Info)
19.   Contact Sheets

I hope this info helps someone who is actively planning.. or even someone who is pretending not to be Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
---------------------------------------------
"All great achievements require time" ~Maya Angelou
*MAR*
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008 09:20:11 PM »

Linz, you are an AWESOME theoretical planner. Just think how thoroughly everything will be worked out once you have the ring! (precongrats!)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aunt Suzi
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008 09:52:03 AM »

Wow!  If I'm 1/4 as organized I'll be patting myself on the back.  Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008 03:40:48 PM »

My planning book is huge and I never use it. You guys are making me want to reorganize mine now! Linz, your table of contents is très inspirational.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008 12:44:48 PM »

What a great idea! The scrapbook is so cool and they way it's organized it is pretty just to look at long after the wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
LinzSerena
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008 05:32:53 AM »

Well I can finally do this:

*print*

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
*MAR*
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008 10:58:29 AM »

Well I can finally do this:

*print*

Smiley

CONGRATULATIONS LINZ! That's awesome. No more "theoretical planning" for you. From here on out it is all ACTUAL planning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LinzSerena
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008 10:00:37 AM »

WOO HOO! Thanks! Smiley I have all of my stuff printed out and behind colorful dividers in a nice neat 3" binder. complete with pockets and of course the business card holder (brilliant idea). It's all quite lovely looking.

I met with a planner this morning and she complimented me on my meticulous (OCD??) organization. Smiley Even my hyper-organized fiance is impressed (although he mentioned when I came in w/ my binder "Really... you did this all in TWO days???" hehehe )

Good thing I started saving the stuff to print beforehand though... we're getting married this August! Smiley

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
- Ellen Degeneres
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dating Advice from Tyler Blackburn
Try Colored Eye Liner for Back-To-School!
The Prettiest, Two-Product Makeup Look!
How to Look Wide-Awake for Your First Day of School
Try a Glossy Eye And Matte Lip Look!
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...