A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,156
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Planners/Organizers?  (Read 682 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyPop
« on: June 16, 2008 06:44:16 AM »

Hey all -

My sister just got engaged and as the Maid of Honor, I want to get her a great binder-style organizer. I was going to just make my own, but looked at one in Target and thought it was probably more helpful/in-depth.

I checked on Etsy and couldn't really come up with anything.

Any recent or to-be brides have any suggestions? I've found a few on Amazon but they all seem so...frou frou.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpooh
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008 08:40:43 AM »

Go with your first thought & make her one, it will mean sooo much more to her & she can add whatever she needs to it. If you get one that has the clear cover on the front you can add their wedding picture (or any picture) to the front of the binder.

Get a large 3 ring binder & add paper and the see thru covers, get some plain white labels & some post it notes & stick in a pencil pack, she will have so much of her own to add & she can keep it for a keepsake afterward.

Have fun with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008 08:44:06 AM »

I found that alot of what was on the market didn't apply to my wedding or our planning needs, so I created my own. It only took a trip to Staples and a bit of time printing up pages from a planning website. This is a good route to go if you want to give a custom gift. I'll take some photos of mine and find the link to the website with the different helpful planning pages I used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008 03:30:49 PM »

I think it depends on your sister. Like *Mar*, I didn't need most of what the Target style planners offered. If your sister is going have an indie or crafty wedding, she probably would find a tailored planner really helpful and charming.

But if she can actually use the target style planner, (it will help her keep track of all the ins and outs of a traditional wedding- "in-depth" as you put it), maybe your time could be better spent doing a quick modpodge for a cooler cover (maybe get some vintage bridal mags and make a funny collage?) to a pre-made one and then making her a kick ass engagement gift.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Denim Shirt
How to Style Mom Jeans
5 Oscar Red Carpet Looks For Less
How to Find the Right Bathing Suit for Your Body Type
DIY: Ombré Shirt
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...