A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mental Disorder Swap?  (Read 6822 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Peppermom
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2008 07:58:13 PM »

I am in on this too..  Major suffer of an anoxeria/ (obsessive vegan) hehehehe
I suffer from Depression as well. I hate my job I hate being tired I hate food except diet coke/ ice tea and veggies & my  cookie treats. I have horrrid PMS.. Well I am bitchy all the time and can't stand myself.
Hmm that about covers me.
So tag me and match me with someone with an Eating Disorder pretttty please  or PMS/PMDD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gala_apples
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2008 08:24:18 PM »

this is awesome, every time i look at the "i have a disease" swaps, i want to ask if mental disease counts.

i sometimes have generalised anxiety, though i find the occasional toke helps a ton (and my therapist agrees). it was a lot worse before i smoked. my main problem is ocd, and thanks to balue's link, i'm looking at orthorexia and wondering. but probably not because though i'm concerned about eating the right foods, and one of the diagnosis questions is "does your diet socially isolate you" and that gets 100% yes, i'm not oriented towards biological products, avoiding industrialised products. it's the other way around, if it's made in a factory it's been quality tested, it's safe. it's the fruit and vegtables that are covered in insect feces, and it's the meat that has mad cow. so i guess i can stick with just being obsessive compulsive about foods.

i also come close to having dependant personality disorder, i have 4 charecteristics, you need 5 to actually have it. but dpd is related to ocd, so there we go again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
hahnasay
im awesome

OMG! IS THAT A DUCK?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2008 06:13:10 AM »

My mumis bipolar, I'm sure she'd love those clouds. Actually, I'm thinking of plagerising your idea and making her two necklaces- you know, just to give my dad a head's up lol!
I'd be up for the swap, long term sufferer or clinical depression & anxiety disorder.

i just want to say. mr flibble is awesome. and that is my fav episode.  i always think its exciting to find other people who know what red dwarf is haha.

just wanted to get that out there Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

you may say im a dreamer, but im not the only one

Current Swaps:
Dinosaur Swap Rd2 - Awaiting Feedback
WWP Rd18 Ostara Swap - Awaiting Feedback
Once You Pop 2010 Springtime - Awaiting Feedback

Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hahnasay

Photography Website: http://shahnachristine.wordpress.c
littlebluegirl
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2008 06:37:37 AM »

Ooh, I'm glad this thread has appeared.  There was talk of this type of swap a while ago, but sadly nothing happened.  I am diagnosed with BPD and chronic depression.  Right now I'm in a pretty bad place, hating myself.  I like to do craft swaps cos it takes me out of myself, makes me focus on another person, and that helps a lot.  I'm waiting on feedback for two swaps, so if this thread opened up in a few weeks, that would be great for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainyfriday
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2008 08:24:19 AM »

Aww wow, this sounds like a really wonderful swap and a great way for everyone to relax and enjoy themselves.  I'd love love love to be a part of it, having been diagnosed with  social anxiety, generalized anxiety, OCD and depression, but alas, I'm not much of a crafter, more of a wanna-be hehe.  Hopefully you all won't mind if I just watch the thread as it plays out?  As for a name.. how bout... "crazy for mental wellness swap"  hehe Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaundryBunny
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2008 02:36:43 PM »

As for a name.. how bout... "crazy for mental wellness swap"  hehe Grin

That made me laugh.  I love it.
I love the possitive attitudes coming into this!  I have major chronic depression, but I'm happy to say that I've been doing really well lately!  I've just started swapping again, and I even joined a dance class!  Wellbutrin and Zoloft rock my socks.  Especially in the generic form!  The extra crafting may be due to all the excess energy, but I'll take that as a good thing Wink.
I too have a constant fear of being thought of as crazy (even when I'm doing really well).  Rock on for trying to squash the stigma!  I think it'd be a blast to craft for each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimmy_sue05
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2008 05:30:58 PM »

Aww wow, this sounds like a really wonderful swap and a great way for everyone to relax and enjoy themselves.  I'd love love love to be a part of it, having been diagnosed with  social anxiety, generalized anxiety, OCD and depression, but alas, I'm not much of a crafter, more of a wanna-be hehe.  Hopefully you all won't mind if I just watch the thread as it plays out?  As for a name.. how bout... "crazy for mental wellness swap"  hehe Grin
I think that wonna-bes are the best because it makes you more apt to try something new than someone who is a hardcore crafter in one department
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog
Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2008 09:08:31 PM »

Depending on the intensity of the swap, I might be interested.  While I like making larger sets, I am overbooked.

I stumbled upon this today and smiled. Grin  I am formally diagnosed with ADD borderline Hyperactivity, a sequencing disorder, PMS, and borderline clinical depression (but I've found good coping for the depression).  My mother has adult onset agrophobia, insomnia and a few more. OCD runs through my extended family.  Hubby also has ADD and what used to be called CAPD Huh 

I make lists, then promptly lose them and go off on a tangent, hence the life history. 

Crafting is one of my biggest stress therapies, along with gifting and gummies. Smiley  It is so great to know that there are many others like me out there.  People who see good in what people call disorder.  We are not defective, we are functional (if different okay), we have a purpose and a place.  We are blessed in ways others can't understand.  Looking at the places we dont "fit in", we should see the oppurtunity for a genuinely new perspective to everyday life........ Embarrassed Ooops, tangent again, caught it that time I hope! 

Anyway, thanks for bravely standing up and saying I am me, accept it or not, I won't change.

Okay, so it sounds like a political speech....sorry all! Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
inkedmama
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2008 09:46:30 PM »

Some ideas:

pillows with little taggy things like they make for babies, only big enough to hug (am I the only one who wants one of these?)

Heck no, I want a taggie pillow too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xOx
Kelli
P.S. Normal is just a setting on the washing machine.
littlebluegirl
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2008 04:19:30 AM »

We are not defective, we are functional (if different okay), we have a purpose and a place.  We are blessed in ways others can't understand.  Looking at the places we dont "fit in", we should see the oppurtunity for a genuinely new perspective to everyday life........ Embarrassed Ooops, tangent again, caught it that time I hope! 

Anyway, thanks for bravely standing up and saying I am me, accept it or not, I won't change.

Thank you so much for posting this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How To Make Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Pie
How To Make Sweet Potato Pie
How to Make Pecan Pie With a Gingersnap Crust
Behind The Scenes - Gelato Messina
90 Second Farmhouse Applecake
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Button Flowers
Meatless Monday: Grilled Apples and Minted Pears
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...