A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer Reading Swap-Signups:Closed; Sendouts:7/30  (Read 31755 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dichotomy
Fastest needles in the west.

~Team Wordy~

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: July 19, 2008 03:20:04 PM »

All done! I will send on Monday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EowynUlysses
« Reply #431 on: July 19, 2008 03:28:17 PM »

In other news: I just got back from getting my first tattoo! w00t! I love it so much even though it was more pain than I have ever felt.

I think I am getting to the point where I do want a tattoo, but I don't know if I'll really want to go through the pain. I've heard from different people as to how much it hurts... but I'm pretty sure the one I want would hurt A LOT because I want it on my wrist.

Yeah, the wrist can be pretty bad, I hear. Your bones are really close to the skin and so are the veins. If it's small enough, you can put it off center (away from the vein) which should make it a bit easier. Do you know what you would get?
Mine is right under my collarbone, which is also a very painful area. It took almost an hour and I was crying and biting my lip through most of it. Still, I think it's worth it. The image I picked has many layers of meaning for me and it turned out so beautiful. I thought about it for just over a year before I actually took the plunge and asked my friends about where to go. And as bad as the pain was, it lasted for less than an hour and now I have this piece of art for the rest of my life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
Cheeco
« Reply #432 on: July 19, 2008 06:11:26 PM »

Gah! I am back now =3 I had a fun time, but now it's back to keep on crafting. I'm also not gonna bother reading everything I missed, too much work =P Maybe later =) So this is a post to tell everyone I'm still alive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ja
« Reply #433 on: July 19, 2008 06:40:21 PM »

1 book to find, left!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #434 on: July 19, 2008 06:47:35 PM »

I am still waiting on the book I ordered.. grrr.. It stinks cause I have been ready to send for a while now.. stinks a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #435 on: July 19, 2008 07:33:03 PM »

In other news: I just got back from getting my first tattoo! w00t! I love it so much even though it was more pain than I have ever felt.

I think I am getting to the point where I do want a tattoo, but I don't know if I'll really want to go through the pain. I've heard from different people as to how much it hurts... but I'm pretty sure the one I want would hurt A LOT because I want it on my wrist.

I have finished two items, and almost done a third. then I have one more item I'm going to do and then I'll send!

I have my sons name all the way around my wrist and it didn't hurt that bad and I have really skinny wrist that are hard to tattoo right.
I went to this used book store today just to check it out, I'm sure all the books in that store are older then me and I'll probably get all the books there so it should be interesting. It a used book/motorcycle repair store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 19, 2008 09:43:32 PM »

So I went to the thrift shop and got some books and I saw one written by someone my partner had mention so I snatched it up, but then I looked and she had it on her already owned list, so I guess I'll read it for myself. In other news, I'm almost done with one item, but I'm worn out from babysitting so I might go to sleep instead of finishing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
iota1617

Wildness is a necessity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: July 20, 2008 06:13:49 AM »

I finished crafting!  I will be sending out on Monday, providing I can make it to the post office before they close.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ain't afraid of God, devil, death, nor destruction. Them's my four aces.

Wild Notions - http://www.wild-notions.com
Textile Designs: http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/wildnotions
www.modernyardage.com/shop/category/shop-by-designer/katie-schrader/
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 20, 2008 05:12:47 PM »

I am going out of town tomorrow morning, and will be back Thursday night. I'm not clear on the internet situation, so if I don't answer your PMs it is because the situation turned out bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
metaphysical_muse
Beets. Bears. Battlestar Galactica.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: July 20, 2008 07:01:37 PM »

Just dropping in to say I'm still crafting along. I was hoping to get everything done before I headed down to Comic Con for the last half of the week, but it looks like I'll have to finish up when I get back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get my hands on some cool Advanced Readers Copies or other goodies that I can add to my package before I send it out.

I think the best part about this swap is that I'm totally getting to try some craft techniques I've never done before, so it's a good learning experience, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Onion Bhaji
Making Pad Thai
How to Make Raita
How to Use Fresh Ginger Root
How to Cook Ma Po Tofu
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...