Swap name: No Paper Allowed ATC Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: crafty_dame
Sign-up date range: june 15 - june 25
Date to send item by: july 9
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Age requirement? over 13, as required! if you are young enough to not drive, or you don't have a car/job, etc, please make sure you can get to the post office, and can afford to mail your cards!
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
Details of swap:
For this swap you'll be making two non-paper cards. Each one will be sent to a different swapper. ATCs must measure 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches. If you'd like, you can join more than one group and make and receive more than two cards (newbies will be restricted to just one group, unfortunately). You must be willing to ship to an address outside your own country. Since ATCs are small, this shouldn't be a large financial strain on anyone, and it will allow more variety in partners. You also must agree to post pictures in the gallery, because that's the fun part!
You could make your cards out of polyclay, friendly plastic, fun foam, wool roving, glass, wood, metal, astroturf (or not, i'm just obsessed!), fabric, tablecloth vinyl, rubber (bicyle innertubes would be perfect!), acetate, yarn, plexiglass, basically whatever you wanted, as long as it wasn't a paper product!
Paper is allowed for a label on the back, or a hidden piece of cardboard to give the card support, but otherwise, nope!
This is a great opportunity to play around with various image transfer techniques too! You could do packing tape/contact sheet transfers, silicone transfers, acetone transfers, wax transfers, heat transfers, iron on transfers.... or you could rubber stamp (staZon ink works on almost everything!), or you could paint... you could embroider.... you could emboss metal.... or you could use charms or beads to spell stuff out... so many possibilties!
Here's the new swap ideas discussion thread
Guidelines for this swap! (a few more than usual due to the variety in materials!)
- Because the cards we're making are thicker than usual, ATCs should be sent in protective/bubble envelopes if required. Please try to prevent postal damage!
- DCs are not required due to the size of the packages. However, if your ATC is not received within 2 weeks of sending, you will need to resend, unless you got a DC. If your package is not thick enough for a DC, a plastic shopping bag will often add enough bulk. You may wish to get a DC just for your own piece of mind! (international swappers can save their receipts as usual, provided they show enough info to verify the package sent)
- Please make sure that your ATC can lean up without support (ie, isn't floppy!). Some people like to display their ATCs, which is why cardboard inside the layers of non-paper can be a good idea.
- and please make that your ATC is safe for others! If you're working with a material that has sharp edges (metal, glass), please find a way to cover them or dull them!
ALSO: i'm currently organizing another ATC, so please put "NO Paper ATCs" or something like it in the subject line of all PMs to help me keep them straight! Thank you!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: No Paper Allowed ATC Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country: (please write it the way it needs to be on the envelope!)
I am willing to ship to an address outside my own country as required for this swap (YES/NO)
I am at least 13 years old: (YES/NO)
I have a camera or a scanner OR I do not have a camera or a scanner, so my partner needs to do that for me:
I promise to post pictures/scans in the gallery of the cards i receive if able: (YES/NO)
How many cards would you like to make? (2, 4, 6, etc)
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
8. Ma Rut
means received green
means late with communicationred
means CONTACT ME
means feedback given
group 1 - teamwang, BDDesigns, esmecraftin
teamwang sends to BDDesigns, esmecraftinBDDesigns
sends to esmecraftin
Esmecraftin sends to teamwang, BDDesigns group 2 - crafty_dame, taloola, neverseenbluecrafty_dame
sends to taloola
taloola sends to neverseenblue, crafty_dame neverseenblue sends to crafty_dame, taloola group 3 - Hardcoremothball, geschmackssache, neverseenblue Hardcoremothball sends to geschmackssache, neverseenblue Geschmackssache sends to neverseenblue, Hardcoremothball neverseenblue sends to Hardcoremothball, geschmackssache group 4 - Lmcbride, kishcrafts, Panthermoon Lmcbride send to kishcrafts, Panthermoon Kishcrafts sends to Panthermoon, Lmcbride Panthermoon sends to Lmcbride, kishcrafts group 5 - crafty_dame, Ma Rut, Panthermooncrafty_dame
sends to Ma Rut
Ma Rut sends to Panthermoon, crafty_dame Panthermoon sends to crafty_dame, Ma Rut group 6 - whatzudoin, Hardcoremothball, Lmcbride whatzudoin sends to Hardcoremothball, Lmcbride Hardcoremothball sends to Lmcbride, whatzudoin Lmcbride sends to whatzudoin, Hardcoremothball group 7 - taloola, SewHelpMe, Ma Rut taloola sends to SewHelpMe, Ma Rut SewHelpMe sends to Ma Rut, taloola Ma Rut sends to taloola, SewHelpMe group 8 - Katchoo1, goatgoddess, Hardcoremothball Katchoo1 sends to goatgoddess, Hardcoremothball goatgoddess sends to Hardcoremothball, Katchoo1 Hardcoremothball sends to Katchoo1, goatgoddess
group 9 - cyndiq, kantha_stich, SewHelpMecyndiq
sends to kantha_stich
sends to SewHelpMe
SewHelpMe sends to cyndiq, kantha_stich group 10 - crafty_dame, goatgoddess, SewHelpMecrafty_dame
sends to goatgoddess
goatgoddess sends to SewHelpMe, crafty_dame SewHelpMe sends to crafty_dame, goatgoddess
group 11 - BDDesigns, kantha_stich, goatgoddessBDDesigns
sends to kantha_stich
sends to goatgoddess
goatgoddess sends to BDDesigns, kantha_stich
group 12 - cyndiq, teapotdnky, spookshowbaby77cyndiq
sends to teapotdnky
sends to spookshowbaby77
spookshowbaby77 sends to cyndiq, teapotdnkyGallery!