A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bike tube pads  (Read 745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daizyduke
« on: June 14, 2008 02:32:31 PM »

Does anyone know of a pattern for bike tube pads like this http://www.uglypads.com/gallery.html
My husband rides his bike to work everyday. I want to make him some cool on of a kind pads. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
lil_abi
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008 02:48:44 PM »

Looks like the fabric part separates from the foam tube.  It looks like a two-sided fabric rectangle with velcro on each long end.  Oh, and bias trim on the short ends. 

As for sizing: 
They will fit any old-school frame where the top tube would be about 1" in diameter, and are 18" in length.
.  So the long side would be 18" finished length,and the short side would be 3.14" plus the width of the velcro for overlap. 

Out of curiousity, what do bike tube pads do?  Are they just for decoration, or are they crotch cushioning when you stand down straddling your bike?  Protection of some other sort?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to baby twins.  Frantic crafter while they nap!

My blog: http://SLiPsofthetongue.wordpress.com

DH's humorous and often offensive blog: http://mymasonicapron.blogspot.com
daizyduke
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008 09:34:20 PM »

According to the website, they are to protect the bike so it doesn't get scratched. My husband wants it to "protect the family jewels".  I guess it's pretty easy to make - even for a novice like me.  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. ~ Maya Angelou
SpottedFrog
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008 09:24:48 AM »

The rubber portion looks to be standard ready-made pipe insulation, about $3 at the hardware store Smiley It's seasonal though (at least in my area).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dion Rides
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008 10:50:06 AM »

Hi.

My name is Dion and I am the owner and seamster behind the above mentioned pads (www.uglypads.com). My pads are similar in design to other pads, however the choice of materials I use and construct is different than the others

The pattern and construction is not available. It's not like somebody couldn't figure something out by looking at mine (it's pretty simple).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Pirate Captain
How to Draw Alex Form Madagascar
How to Draw a Leopard
How to Draw the Tooth Fairy
How to Draw a German Shepherd
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...