A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gorgeous Choker Swap  (Read 1377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Clarity
« on: June 13, 2008 04:04:47 PM »

Dear All,

I have been a huge fan of chokers for a long time and always appreciated the simplicity and room for originality in them. The classic silk one, the bejewelled choker, even modern updated ones. Well, a couple of months ago I had a tumour removed from my neck. Scary thing in your 20's but thank God it was benign.

I am super healthy now and have a tiny scar that I can barely see. Nevertheless I see the choker in a new light for some reason so this swap idea has an added emotional connection for me.

I would love to organise a swap where we celebrate the choker, re-inventing it or matching it to the tastes of the wearer, be it through pendants or knitting it - anything goes.

It is a small item so can be matched with two other small items of the crafter's choice.

Let me know what you think.

Peace,

Clarity

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alatarial
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008 07:29:10 PM »

Love the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/elenc/

Will personal swap! Please, PM me!
Clarity
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008 10:48:43 AM »

Love the idea!

Thanks Alatarial, I would make a beaded one if I could but have no idea how to Smiley
I think this could be one of those nice quick swaps that wouldn't take forever to make but would still really bring up some skills and creativity

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ragamuffin!

OMG! A MUFFIN! x)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008 12:16:18 PM »

sounds great!
the only thing is.. when would it be? because right now, I'm living in Mexico, and won't be back in the U.S. till like july 2 or 3 so...
but still, if I can make it, count on me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She expells vanilla lace,i barely drempt her yesterday. Read the lines in the mirror through the lipstick trace -por siempre- she said it seems your somewhere far away... LOVE LIKE WINTER
Clarity
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008 03:51:21 PM »

sounds great!
the only thing is.. when would it be? because right now, I'm living in Mexico, and won't be back in the U.S. till like july 2 or 3 so...
but still, if I can make it, count on me!

Cool, I have had some pm's that would prefer a mid-July or August start so it is pretty open at this stage
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coldbrains4
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008 06:49:54 PM »

id love to join. it sounds like it could be a relatively simple and fun swap. i will keep my eye on this. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap maybe yes please? PM me! i like making new friends. Smiley
Cayca
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008 10:17:45 PM »

The idea sounds great to me since I love making and wearing chokers. The problem? I'm in Europe in a country that is known for "losing" letters and parcels that are sent to or from USA. If you have any idea how I could get over this problem I'd love to contribute since I was so kindly invited  Wink

Or perhaps I'll just take a risk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clarity
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008 12:42:11 AM »

id love to join. it sounds like it could be a relatively simple and fun swap. i will keep my eye on this. Smiley

cool, your pendants on that other swap were very organic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clarity
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008 04:43:50 AM »

The idea sounds great to me since I love making and wearing chokers. The problem? I'm in Europe in a country that is known for "losing" letters and parcels that are sent to or from USA. If you have any idea how I could get over this problem I'd love to contribute since I was so kindly invited  Wink

Or perhaps I'll just take a risk.

you might not need to if I hook you up with a fellow European swapper and your choker is amazing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008 05:30:12 AM »

July would be ideal for me, as I'm in one swap now and it's pretty intense. Thanks for the invite! Nice idea!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
T-Rex Room-Mate Tube Reverb Pedal Demo
The One Choice Technique in Sudoku
Basic Rules of Sudoku
The One Place Technique in Sudoku
How to Finish Sudoku
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...