So, I finished this a while go but never got around to taking pictures of it.
Not much more to say- I just wanted a simple dress for warm summer-days. Got the inspiration from a dress I saw online once.
Opinions? (constructive critisism appriciated)
I really hope these simple sketches will make sense, I'm trusting you guys to figure out the things I didn't write here =) Also excuse the crappy quality of pictures, but I don't have photoshop on this computer, and no scanner =)
These are the different parts needed:
1. Cut a square of approppiate size (I made mine 130 cm wide)
2. Fold in half
3. Fold in half again and cut away the corner to make a circle (red line). X in the equation will be the meassure around your waist.
4. Finished result.
1. Cut a long piece of fabric, 40% bigger than your actual waist-size, as wide as you wish the waist to be (add some since the finished result might have narrowed the width a tad)
2. Sew elastic ribbon-thingies to the waist using a zigzag.
3. when having sewn the entire lengt- pull the ribbon (you did
fasten it well from the start, right?) untill fully stretched then fasten by that end too. Repeat step 2 & 3 for more lines aproxomatley 1,5-2 cm apart.
4. Sew the waist together to form the waist
The Upper Part:
1. Cut pieces of appropiate size to fit you. I cut simple squares, then just folded down where I wanted to make the shape.
2. Sew together. Not that in the end the lower line will be sewn on to the stretchy waist which means that it doesn't matter now if it's quite wide (the x-line) at this state.
1. Cut 2 pieces 3 times as wide as you want the actual should-straps and as long as you need them ( + some extra centimeters of course).
2. Fold in halv and sew along the red line.
3. Turn inside out...
4. ... to form a tube.
Now, return to the first picture and simply sew everything together.
Don't forget to to hem or zigzag the edges where needed =)