A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
803 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bargain Hunter Swap Round 5 Gallery  (Read 14801 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2008 09:32:47 PM »

That is an amazing pkg. I love the pic of the three of you in your apron/smocks. cooking with mom is going to be so much fun! And the belly dancing stuff is too special.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
bigfatroses
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2008 06:48:51 AM »

My angel package to javede is finally being sent today-  Grin  I'm sorry it took me so long.  This surgery and subsequent complications left me pretty sick  Cry  I'm still flying on on morphine after yesterday's trip to the ER.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
RubyRain
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2008 09:13:21 AM »

The belly dancing scarf is awesome and the fact that you belly dance is even more awesome!
The aprons are great-love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homeschooling mama of 4 kidlets.

Mamahood is not for wimps!
unepagaille
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2008 10:37:38 AM »

I finally got my camera back and I'm finally posting pictures of my amazing amazing AMAZING angel package from ckchan!! I love everything, I can honestly say I love every single thing that was in this package! Haha okay, onto the pictures:

First, my absolute favourite of my favourite things, a crocheted cactus/pincushion from my wists.. except this one is way more adorable, and we're going to be really good friends.. I'm not sure if I can stick pins in her yet, but either way it's completely amazing and I LOVE it:

Second, a tiny cupcake! Also a pincushion I think (based on something else off my wists!) and it's SO mini and adorable and wonderful! I should have gotten an action shot with the "sprinkles" but rest assured, it's wicked:

Annnd a back massager! It's so weird, my bf and I are big on the upper back massages as we both sit in awful desk chairs all day at work, and I actually had a smaller version of this that I broke 2 legs off because of overuse.. I had been meaning to fix it but this works out wayyy better! Plus, look at that adorable face..

A little flip out mirror thing, which is awesome to put in my work bag for makeup/hair touchups, especially after the gym:

The bag of leftover yarn from the awesome crafted items:

My other other other favourite Smiley a bag of sewing supplies, which I badly need, including bias tape etc.. I always want/need stuff like this and never manage to pick any up unless it's for a specific project, so this was awesome, PLUS she included elastic which is something I always need more of:

A calorimetry! I love the fun ocean colors (thats what it makes me think of anyways) and I've wanted one of these forever! No action shot as I looked like crap when these pics were being taken, haha:

And finally, more supplies, some really cool, just my style, scrapbooking paper that I can assure you will be put to good use, more than likely involving mod podge.

I'm posting this from work and left the price list at home (durr) so I'll be sure to post that when I can, sometime tonight, unless ckchan wants to in the meantime.

CKChan, thanks again soo much! I hate being all gushy but dammit, it was worth gushing over, I loved everything, even my bf (who was there when I received) said he wished he could come up with presents that made me react like these ones did. You were an AMAZING angel and thanks again craftydeb for a great swap Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My ideal candidate? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable... fictional... and overqualified." - Dwight K Schrute (The Office US)

http://www.wists.com/xcera
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2008 10:46:04 AM »

Great pkg. some great crochet skills there.
 Huh What is a calorimetry?  Huh Looks like a headband. sounds like something used for weight loss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2008 11:07:18 AM »

Great pkg. some great crochet skills there.
 Huh What is a calorimetry?  Huh Looks like a headband. sounds like something used for weight loss.

When I saw the word on someone's wishlist, I thought it had to do with weight loss too. Like a book that you track your calories in. It is a headband thingy though. Here's an action pic I stole off knitty.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/IMAGES/calorimetryBEAUTY.jpg

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008 07:20:06 PM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
Moonrise

=^x^= crafting cat

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2008 11:25:12 AM »

I love the cactus!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

* * * My gallery * * *
I'm looking for penpals for exchanging snailmail and small personal swaps, plz write a PM if you're interested Smiley
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2008 11:29:14 AM »

hngoodlett - Oh OK. It is what it looks like! Must be one of those Queen's English terms.  Grin Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MBOYD50403
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2008 02:19:11 PM »

I have made several of these headbands (calorimetry). They are a perfect pattern for a trip as they are small and easy to carry with you.  I've used different yarn types as well and they are super cute, especially if you have long hair and you like to wear it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thanate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2008 07:07:08 PM »

I got my angel package from Shadeweaver yesterday (at about 10:30 pm, so I stayed up way past my bedtime looking at everything...) and it was full of absolutely fantastic stuff. Here is the group shot: 

And price list (shade's), with annotations (mine):

1 pound of raw Shetland wool from a fiber festival $2.00 the stunning results of this are pictured better below.  And there's still some left...
pencil Chicago Field Museum .25 ...continuing with the egyptian theme from the package bigfatroses sent me.  Smiley  The funny thing is that I went to the King Tut exhibit when it was in Philadelphia, and the gift shop was so mobbed and overpriced that I didn't get anything there.  (I was also severely disappointed that they didn't have a replica of the magical brick that said "O you who come to pull my hair, do not pull my hair!" on it, or even a picture of it in the exhibition book.)
4 postcards from Field Museum @ .10 each .40
magnet Field Museum .25  hee-- $4 originally, according to the sticker on the back.  How's that for a bargain?
linen towel from thrift shop .50 cute embroidery!
doily from thrift shop .75
beads from Goodwill .49
mini cards from party shop .25 cute!  My dolls seem to be collecting decks of these, all slightly different...
bag of lace from charity shop .20 mmm, lace... although I didn't want to spread it out all over the driveway, so there may have to be a better picture later to show off what's actually *in* the bags here...
bells from thrift shop 1.80 (see below)
brass censor from thrift shop .50 (see below)
trinket box Big Lots .25
note cards Goodwill .25
photo book charity shop .25 this is gorgeous-- I have no idea what I'll do with it, but it's fantastic
stickers for the lot lot thrift shop .25 these are incredibly weird-- I guess you can't really see them in the picture, but they're all trendy cut outs of cutesy newspaper classifieds.  Very strange, but kind of fascinating...
bag of vintage lace and tatting from my Great Grandmothers estate auction 2.25 mmm, lace...

total 10.64

...and then she added extras:  random scrap paper (including, um, Backstreet Boys wrapping paper? I feel like I should be terrorizing someone with it...) and a spindle, since she apparently has all the makings of them in quantity.  (I've got a bottom whorl spindle that I used for a few weeks as a ren faire prop when I was in the cast at PA Faire, but I never tried a top whorl one before...)

Felted rocks!  (From my wist-- I have some really cool ones done over real rocks, too, but these are wool only and I can throw them at people and not worry about breaking anyone.)   Grin

The bells are fantastic.  They're almost my favorite part of the package (although that's pretty hard to decide...)  And I have no idea what I'm going to do with the censor, but it's way cool as well. 

And the prize goes to the hand dyed, handspun yarn, which she actually named after me: 

"thannate's ocean waves"
77 yards
98% Shetland wool, %1 mohair (the tufts), 1% polyester thread

(weirdly, 7 is actually my favorite number)  It's absolutely gorgeous-- a bit on the light side of the teals I usually drool over at wool shows/yarn shops (I don't know what it is-- for some reason the deeper and brighter and bluer a teal yarn, the more I kind of gravitate towards it.  It only happens with yarn, but apparently that's the color that GOOD yarn should be?) and all kinds of exciting textures and highlights.  I may have to get out a board and try some pin weaving or something really exciting to make good use of it.   Grin

Thanks, Shadeweaver, for a fantastic package!  Yay!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
J. Michael Lennon Exposes the Double Life of Norman Mailer
Jonathan Alter: What Are You Reading?
Unremarried Widow by Artis Henderson
Neal Shusterman: What Are You Reading?
True-Crime Writer Carla Norton on Her Fiction Work
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...