A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,142
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bargain Hunter Swap Round 5 Gallery  (Read 15001 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2008 03:20:34 PM »

mmmm. the crazy chicken.  I always forget about that place!  I also used to love Del Taco - taco Tuesdays - 3 for a dollar tacos. Okay. that just dated me - that was in like 1990!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
bigfatroses
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2008 04:16:08 PM »

mmmm. the crazy chicken.  I always forget about that place!  I also used to love Del Taco - taco Tuesdays - 3 for a dollar tacos. Okay. that just dated me - that was in like 1990!

Yum!  I used to eat at Del Taco for lunch during high school since it was quick and cheap!  LOL! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2008 04:52:23 PM »

oh man those butterfly's look so cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2008 05:01:51 PM »

eukarya - I love the blue table runner. I'm quite fond of compass roses and things that look like them.

craftydeb - such language! so I guess I better not tell you I was at In-n-Out today... I usually eat first then shop but today I got there a little after noon and you know the line was out the door. I shopped and then went and got the burger. Ran outa time so I took it togo and was still sitting at the bus stop eating when the bus arrived. Oh well... It's difficult to eat one of those burgers slowly anyway. And it had TOMATOES! Would you like me to send you some stickers!!!  Grin ROTFL  Grin For about 5 years now they've had a sign saying they were going to put a Sonic across the street but i haven't seen it yet. Mmm the bus doesn't go down into the shopping area, maybe. But I love the Double, Double so much. I'm still full and can't keep my hands off the Circus Peanuts. She has the best parents in the world.

The butterflies are printed on paper from clipart and dusted with Pearl Ex. I wanted them more iridescent but that kinda obscured the details of the butterfly. No real butterflies were injured. I couldn't do that.

That handmade paper thing was from the frame w/ the three butterflies. So you can put it back together with the original back and put the butterflies in something else. You said you liked black and white houndstooth and it's all I could find. If you're only a little bigger than the dress and a clever seamstress you might be able to use the lower half to make sleeves from and turn it into a bolero jacket.
The clock works. I found the bouquet and thought they look like big fat roses and needed a butterfly.
bigfatroses - Your daughter is beautiful! Silly me I thought it was a dog... The ribbon fits around the neck if she wants to use it. If you ever get tired of her just ship her to me. I have bunnies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
bigfatroses
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2008 05:16:00 PM »

She has the best parents in the world.

I sure do!!   Grin

If you're only a little bigger than the dress and a clever seamstress you might be able to use the lower half to make sleeves from and turn it into a bolero jacket.

That is GENIUS!!

bigfatroses - Your daughter is beautiful! Silly me I thought it was a dog... The ribbon fits around the neck if she wants to use it. If you ever get tired of her just ship her to me. I have bunnies!

Thank you!  She's a little fire cracker!  I think your bunnies would be afraid of her!  LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
Silvana

Leaving the world more beautiful than I found it.

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2008 05:21:05 PM »

Oh I got mine today!  My camera has no batteries Sad I know.  So sad.
But I will get photos up as soon as possible.
Its fabulous by the way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2008 05:36:16 PM »

Oh I know - I can't believe I cursed out loud - but I couldn't help myself - it is one of those things that I just dream of being able to do - pull up in an in and out drive thru and order a burger and just pull over and sit there eating, savoring each bite....
and then head over to a Carl's Jr's and get an order of fried zucchini (if they still sell it there) and do the same thing... there are things that I really miss about California....
Okay. I will behave myself..
and go to Sonic this week. Oh that's right I was there over the weekend...and during the day from 2-4 pm every day the drinks, slushes and shakes are half price and Tuesday nights the Sonic burgers are half price....
mmmmm.

okay.
I think I just gained 5 pounds just thinking about Sonic - oh and the tater tots.  Man I love tots - but not those nasty funnel cake tasting onion rings they sell Tongue blech!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008 06:13:18 PM »

finally my pics got uploaded...  I'm not a very good photographer...

First the whole shebang:

Top left is some iron-on transfers of sunbonnet Sue and Bill On the top right of the top of the stool is some fleur-de-lis brads. Love 'em! top center is some crafty safety pins. The heart shaped bench/stool with the bunny face on it she painted. The stool is really well made, some assembly required. My hand hurts today so I'll do that tomorrow.

Close up of some goodies:

The rub on transfers say "domestic angel on duty" "crafting forever, housework whenever" That is soooo very much me! The round blue thing with the red heart has a mirror on the other side. Very cute. I didn't think I could get a good shot of the mirror with the flash and all.

A not too bad shot of button flowers:

Aren't they cute? She had some in her wists and I had to add them to mine. Some of them are topped with flower shaped buttons and one has a star! Too cute. I couldn't find a vase... She made them for me.

Crafted Goodies:
bench - .75
greay paint - .10
buttons - .25
wire - free - freecycle

Extras:
pins - .75
transfers - 1.00
transfer - .25
fleur-de-lis brads .75
beads - .75
mirror - .50

Total $5.10

bag of Circus Peanuts from Mom & Dad - priceless and gone, the bag said 3 servings but I only got one serving out of it.

I'm so happy, so happy! Thanks bigfatroses and family! Thanks craftydeb. And craftydeb sign me up for BH Swap round 6! Maybe  it's just a sugar high...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008 06:15:43 PM by sactownsue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
thanate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008 06:24:01 PM »

Oh, those things are circus peanuts!  I'd seen them before, but never had them, so I didn't know what they were called...

There's some pretty excellent stuff in this gallery, too.  Smiley  I'm particularly fond of the book illustrations, the stenciled t-shirt (such a pretty stencil), and both the butterflies and the paper thing that came out of the frame they're in.  Oh, and the button flowers are pretty cute, too.  (I'm sure I'm forgetting something... Oh well)

Oh, and bigfatroses-- sorry about not taking detail shots of the coasters; I was on the way out of town for the weekend, and didn't have a lot of time to spend on posting. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bigfatroses
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2008 06:39:30 PM »

Oh, and bigfatroses-- sorry about not taking detail shots of the coasters; I was on the way out of town for the weekend, and didn't have a lot of time to spend on posting. 

It's no problem at all!!!  I was just fond of the one I posted, that's all!  LOL!  I emailed the same picture to my sister, and she even knew who it was!!!   Shocked 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Save the Workspace Settings in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Change the Workspace Color in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Different Color Spaces in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Optimize the Color Setting in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...