A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 307,988
Currently Running With Scissors:
211 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bargain Hunter Swap Round 5 Gallery  (Read 20979 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2008 11:14:59 AM »

Oh my.  I am totally lost on what things you have created!  I can't wait to see what is in the box!  I love anticipation. Yeah, I don't open Xmas packages until Xmas either though.  Love the teaser shots.  My curiosity is totally peaked!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
javede
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2008 12:21:20 AM »

I have no idea what those teaser pics could show and am now totally curious to see the package! Thanks again for beeing my angel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2008 06:04:56 AM »

Teehee... when you see what the first and the third pictures will turn out, you'll say: I KNEW it! As for the second one, no chance. I added pink frills where no pink frills were ever meant to be. Smiley I think I'm more of a swap devil actually Smiley at least if you let me lay hands on certain colours. Smiley
I hope we can soon post the items, I can't wait to make one of them my new avatar. The one from the third picture, actually. I really loved making all these things, and I surprised myself on what I could do. Thanks for being your swap angel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javede
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2008 07:19:56 AM »

Ok, I could have never ever guessed what the teaser pics show, because I didn't expect anything as fabulous as what I got! I totally love the things my angel Ruby Copperhead send me as she combined two of my favorit things, amigurumis and Discworld.
And I really like the packaging too. Everything was wrapped on its own and there was a text on the inside of each wrapping explaining what it was and why it is in there!

First the left-overs and some sweets:

And now the crafted items!
Number 1+2: crochet hook cozies + more special crochet hook cozies(you don't need to take your mind out of the gutter  Cool)

Those kept the bf puzzled way too long untill he figured it out, so I thought it would be ok to post them here.
Number 3: Sakura flowers; I think I will use them on a bag I have been planning for a while as they would be perfect for that

Number 4: More flowers, stackable!

Number 5: I squeeled at this point  Cheesy and couldn't imagine how it could possibly be topped as there remaind 2 more things to be opened.
It's the Death of Rats complete with bones underneath his rope!

Number 6:Death of Rats's granddaughter! She's soooooo cute and spots a sickle instead of a scythe.

Number 7: OMG!!! I knew immediately who it was and the squeeling got a lot louder this time! It's Susan Sto Helit also from the Discworld novels and she's just perfect! She's got a scythe and hourglass and both mask and dress can be removed!
With mask:

Without mask:

Thanks so much for beeing my angel Ruby Copperhead and for the fantastic package! I feel special because you seem to have put a lot of thought into all the things you made me and still you were super fast!

P.S.:
The run down:
tablecloth 2 EUR
black wool  1 EUR
beige cotton 1 EUR
pink cotton 0,50 EUR
white cotton 1 EUR
rainbow charm 1 EUR
thimble 0,50 EUR
some gummibones 0,50 EUR

= 7,50 EUR
equals 10 US Dollars
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
esmecraftin
the music always gives me a lift, I'm so easy to please...

« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2008 08:10:12 AM »

Wow, I didn't realise this swap had not finished Shocked
You have been very patient, Javede - and it looks like your long wait was worth it!

What a wonderful package - I am always in awe of what people can make with crochet! The little rats are very cute with their tiny scythes *lol*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2008 10:05:46 AM »

Those amigurumi are amazing!  So Cute!

Great job Ruby Copperhead! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2008 10:23:12 AM »

Wowzers!  That is an amazing angel package... amazing work Ruby!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2008 12:41:34 PM »

I'm very happy that javede likes everything. I had to work fast, because I had some serious birthday business coming, and I was afraid that if I wouldn't finish fast, I would take forever... 
I had a lot of fun making these things, and I am happy how they turned out (the whole family begged me to keep Susan Smiley ). I have made dolls before, but not this size (but I wanted it to match the size of the rats), and I ran into some entirely new problems (the dress!). But I never got stuck, the doll more or less made itself, I just had to keep up (and remember all the tricky parts for next time).
When I saw the Death of Rats on javede's wist, I immediately knew what I would be making for her. I underestimated the complexity of the doll, but that's okay, because I still finished it in time. Javede and craftydeb were very nice all the time and supersupportive, so I think it's them who are responsible for the amazing speed, because I am usually a lot slower. Thanks! It feels good to see one's limits pushed further. I loved being javede's swap devil Smiley even if I had a nearly fatal attack of pink cuteness allergy Wink That's why I had to give some pink items a bit of an edge. That was self-defense. Smiley

Oh, and finally, in case you haven't guessed yet, the spoilers were:
1. hook cozies (including a naughty one - don't tell me that wasn't your first guess Smiley )
2. frills on the coat of Death of Rat's Granddaughter
3. a progress picture of the skull mask, you see the eye sockets and the forehead  (so it's actually upside down - but still looks like a face)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Placemat Shoulder Purse
We Can Do It!
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...