A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 305,730
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday the 13th June 2008  (Read 5536 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008 08:11:15 AM »

Dang Ladies!  I need a new keyboard.  Mine is short circuiting because I'm drooling all over it.

I only have  2 submissions this week (have some new batts carded, but they're for my swap partner and she's is not going to see them before they are in her hands!)

these are from some batts I received this past week from a fiber swap on another forum

BFL:

Silk/Merino/Alpaca:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
nevermore
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008 09:02:05 AM »

Ooo, everything is lovely!

I've finally got something to share - I spun them up over the past couple of weeks, but I finally got pictures of them.

Hand dyed romney roving from my LYS.  Navajo plied, it ended up being about sport weight.

Hand dyed alpaca also from my LYS. Also navajo plied, final weight was heavy fingering weight.

Spun from my own batts - dyed merino, sparkle nylon, bombyx silk.  Also navajo plied, light worsted weight.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy Shop - http://www.nevermore.etsy.com
goneknitsup
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008 09:06:16 AM »

Love-in-Idleness is glorious. And even if it looked like a hairball I'd love it for the Midsummer Night's Dream quote!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathleenalice
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008 09:17:07 AM »

Love-in-Idleness is glorious. And even if it looked like a hairball I'd love it for the Midsummer Night's Dream quote!

Hee hee...I was waiting for someone to spot that! I'm a bit of a reluctant Shakespeare geek.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008 09:36:22 AM »

I'm in love with Hobbledehoy's Electric eel! Hmm that sounds wierd lol.  Undecided

I have lots this week for a change!

the first two are core-spun. I absolutely love this method!
Punk's Not Dead -Lincoln curls, camel down, glitz and some other stuff:

Clowntown -BL, romney, merino, glitz

Sugarbuns 1 & 2 -BL, merino, romney, glitz

and my first custom order...she wanted a mossy, woodsy yarn for a knitted tree-stump toy:

Have a good weekend Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
RepoRebo
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008 09:45:07 AM »

I played around this week with a couple of new types of spins, in addition to practicing my corespinning (thanks again for that video, Liz!). The corespun yarns still need to be set and shot, but here are the other two yarns I spun this week.

The first is a soft-spun pink wool single (with some white bamboo and sparkle carded in) that I crazy-plied with a thin bamboo single, made from one of Loop's mini-batts. I tried to create little corkscrews and coils with the bamboo ply, to give it some interest.

And this yarn is just totally out there and unusual for me, it was created for the Ravelry Fiber Friday challenge, which was Bjork. I based the yarn on her amazing organic costumes, like this one: http://www.tranism.com/weblog/images/bjork_volta.jpg.

I spun together raw natural-colored Romney locks, tangles of sari silk, flax, some mysterious blue wool locks, and wrapped it here and there with a novelty thread to create this yarn. I loved spinning this!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008 10:34:25 AM »

wow there are some great yarns this week! I really like them all!  here's what I've spun up since I last posted.  some are from last week, but I didn't have pics to share then, so here they are this week.
these first 2 are singles spun from SSS mill ends.

this one is a 4 ply 3 are wool (dark brown, light brown, white) and one is naturally colored mohair. (from the same roving as the brown one above)

this one is a silk hankie plyed with bamboo I LOVE this one, it's so soft!

this one I spun up this week. it's 70% wool 30% silk hand dyed and carded by me Smiley this fiber was so fun to work with!
it has long stripes!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008 10:50:30 AM by mooshie - Reason: fix pics again! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

britnlind

It's done. I just need to start.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008 11:00:33 AM »

more please Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snowberrylime
Glued to the spinning wheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008 12:08:17 PM »

Wow, I am loving all the core spinning this week!

My favourites have to be Umesha and Twila, although I love hello sunshine as well, heck Liz you just really put up some beauties this week!

Repo, your second yarn is quite a stunner, and in a strange way I even quite like the pink yarn.... Cheesy

And noodle princess, that first corespun is really beautiful!

Anyway, I missed last week so here some of my most recent additions:

Rokoko, a Merino/silk yarn with over 75 real freshwater pearls:

Indiana Jones and the temple of wool, a fun yarn made of Merino, mohair and wooden beads plied with some boucle thread:

Here just some natural soy silk (I love it, I love this stuff so much):

Heavenly pearls, another Merino/silk yarn with pearls and sequins spun in:

This was quite funny, I wanted to take a picture of this silk and baby camel yarn and saw how well it matched my vintage pillow! It is silk as well, so I might have as well shredded that, lol.

...and here is the latest batch, need to take better pictures soon (the one on the left is corespun baby camel, just so I can feel I fit in with the crowd, hehehe):

Here is some more detail about the latest yarns, lots of silk, baby camel and soy silk!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowberrylime/2573060667/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008 12:10:00 PM by Snowberrylime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicolassa

How do you like my lovely hat?

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008 12:22:05 PM »

Snowberrylime, I think "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Wool" may be my favorite name of all time.   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's me with some yarn on my head.

Etsyness:  http://WhirligigYarns.etsy.com

Bloggity:  http://whirligigyarns.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Talk to Your Hair Stylist About Thinning Hair
How to Thicken Hair
Hair Care Tips for Women
African American Hair Care Tips
How to Assess Thinning Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...