A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Manhattan crafters Meet up?  (Read 1304 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mimikachu
teacher lady extraordinaire

I (heart) swaps

View Profile WWW
« on: June 12, 2008 01:18:06 PM »

Hey folks-
I just moved here with all my crafty crap, stamps and scissors and whatnot, and I haven't anyone to craft with, or point out all the cool little weird stores in which to buy things. I'm a teacher, and used to live in South Korea, and now live in upper manhattan.

I like hand sewing, stamping, making paper things, collage, painting, silkscreening, and fixing old crap up.

So, is there a meet up? OR just little groups scattered here and there, or none of the above?

Thanks ya'll.

-mimikachu/melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothin' worth doing ever comes easy.
pikabean
also known as Natch

cross my heart and kiss my elbows!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008 10:14:37 PM »

well, I haven't been to any crafty meet-ups before, but I would be interested.  I'm a student, living with my parents on the upper east side of manhattan over the summer/other vacations when I'm not away at school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nycsoapmakerscircle
Wanna get soapy?

I love soap, crafts, schnauzers, and Martha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008 06:10:51 AM »

Hi there!

I highly recommend you search www.meetup.com to browse all the crafty groups in New York. Do a search for rubber stamping, crafts, weaving, knitting or soapmaking and you'll find lots to explore.

I run a soap Meetup and it's really great to meet new people who share the same interests. Many are free to join and you just pay a fee for specific events and some are free as well.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calling ALL soap lovers! Check out my craft circle and let's meetup for fun and creative soap crafts. It's free to join! http://soapmaking.meetup.com/144/

I blog too! Read about my crafty adventures and more: www.newsday.com/cheapthrills
Lucyface
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009 07:01:41 PM »

Also have way too much "crafty crap" and wanting to join or start a craft group.  Into collage, simple sewing projects (just learning to machine sew now),  embroider (but not aunty type),  printing,  batik, and Pysanky (Ukrainian Easter egg making, like batik).  Just want to play with a lot of materials and methods.  I'm hoping to get together about once a month to have crafting "parties".   Inspired?   Write me.    Gretchen       (Also a teacher who works with Koreans).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Carolina Barbecue
How to Make Turkey Pot Pie
The Original Waldorf Salad Recipe
Wild Rice Stuffing Recipe
How to Make Kansas City Barbecue
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...