A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: trying to find things to do in St. Louis  (Read 1206 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

turtlelove
« on: June 12, 2008 09:45:08 AM »

hey all--so im not sure if this will work but hey i thought id give it a try!  I'm going to be visiting st louis this summer and was wondering if you all could give me tips on where to stay--and anything that is a MUST DO!  thanks!  i love consignment and small vintage boutiques--so any of those would rock!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargardener
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008 07:25:51 PM »

OH I am so bookmarking this and I love the same.  I will be in St Louis later this week and would love to hit some cool little crafty places!

Thanks!
T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatieBlair
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008 10:35:30 AM »

Rag-o-rama on Delmar is a pretty fabulous, moderately priced, buy-sell-trade place.  That area has a lot of cool shops and restaurants too like Recycled Records (really fab new/used record shop) and Blueberry Hill, BB King's restaurant/bar.  There is also a cool indie film place called something like Tivoli.  All of those places are on Delmar.

Here is a map to Rag-o-rama:

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=6388+Delmar+Boulevard,+Saint+Louis,+MO+63130

Have fun!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008 02:14:26 PM by KatieBlair » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sara_416
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008 08:58:38 PM »

I second going ot the Delmar Loop (except Blueberry Hill is Chuck Berry's club, not BB King's  Wink) I am personally not a fan of touristy stuff like the arch, but go if you want to (as long as it isn't under water at that point). Kirkwood has a cute downtown and a great farmer's market every Saturday, and Soulard is known for its farmer's market as well. The Central West End has some good places you might like too. Depending on when you are coming here there might be a festival in Tower Grove Park or something. Oh, and I have heard the zoo here is great, but I haven't been.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargardener
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008 05:34:45 AM »

STL was a lot of fun! 

The zoo is great and FREE!!!!!!!  I couldn't believe it! 

For inspiration go to the City Museum!  WOW!  My daughter is 15 months, a little young, but we still had fun.  I wish I had brought my nephews who are 5 and 9!  Perfect ages! 

www.citymuseum.org

also great inspiration.  while I was there I met the artist's mother...yes the whole thing was done by an artist!  go and wear your tennys. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fasiska
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008 10:46:09 PM »

city museum is a MUST. It is just more than anyone can even explain. Kids of all ages will have fun. On friday and saturday nights they are open until 1 and its just amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargardener
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008 06:13:35 AM »

When we were there they were closing a section for a WEDDING!!!  It almost makes me want to get married again (happily married, I just liked all the hoopla!)  I tell my hubby all the time we are going to get married again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fasiska
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008 10:43:41 PM »

my ex and i had our first date at city museum and I told him that we were going to have our reception there and i was gonna play around in my dress but I dumped that loser. Maybe i should just start having all my first dates there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
These Vintage Advertisements Are Not Kind To Women
Natural Beauty Products for Your Face, Body and Hair
Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Recipe
The 411 on Cosmetic Injections
NewBeauty Magazine Beauty Choice Awards: Product Highlights
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...