A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty?  (Read 1095 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftyhands22
« on: June 11, 2008 05:16:23 AM »

Sooooo...isn't Knitty supposed to have come out at the beginning of June?  It's June 11th, and I'm a little anxious!   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008 08:58:41 AM »

Ha ha - I just got onto Craftster to see if anyone had said anything about it!  I've been wondering the same thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
soozeq
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008 09:37:46 AM »

It never comes out right at the beginning of the month, usually around the 2nd week, so anythere from the 10th -15th. I signed up to receive the notice in my email and haven't yet, but it should be soon.

eta: just checked my email and the site. It's uuuuuuup!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008 09:45:23 AM by soozeq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
juliesnider

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008 09:56:32 AM »

It's up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
Rebel
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008 03:00:35 PM »

It is but I didn't get the email from Amy, did any of you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008 05:59:52 PM »

Yup!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008 06:28:03 PM »

I did. It depends on how you have your email setting set. If it's Digest, you won't get it until tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
aedara
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008 03:01:57 PM »

Bleh.

I've been compulsively checking, and now that it's up I am not enthuised.  Doubt I'd make anything.  Now the wait starts for the suprise.  More compulsive checking...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop - Child of Glum
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Aedara
craftyhands22
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008 06:50:59 AM »

I am also not enthused at all.  Too many socks and random accessories.  I guess it's not knitty's fault if those were the good patterns they got.  They are good patterns, don't get me wrong, but I wish there were a couple bag and sweater patterns as well.  Oh well, I'll just wait for next season. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008 06:18:15 PM »

Actually, I really liked Couvercle and the Seascape shawl pattern. I've been planning to make a lace shawl for a while now, but I hate picking up stitches and grafting, so that rules out an awful lot of patterns. I like that Seascape is symmetrical, rectangular, and knit in one piece, so I might try it. The BYO bag pattern looks okay, but I prefer the Everlasting Bagstopper (also Knitty). And I really just can't get into knit chokers. I know there are plenty of people out there who are, but my neck gets scratched-looking and red just from trying on clothes--I'm not allergic to the fibers, it's just the contact.
I think I'm going to try Couvercle with some Arucania Nature Wool from my stash (assuming it's the same gauge), and then figure out how to pronounce it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Mello
How to Draw Satoshi
The Origins of Charlie Brown
How to Draw Miyamoto Musashi
How to Draw Lelouch
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...