A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,657
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spoil my Doll Swap NEW Send by Sept 8th!  (Read 12865 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mom2blu
« on: June 10, 2008 03:58:20 PM »

This idea ran in the theme ideas for awhile, and it's finally time!!!!!! There are all sorts of specific doll swaps on craftster, craft for a poppet, sew for blythe, spoil a puillip, But what about the others??? There are so many well loved dolls out there that deserve some spoiling! But since we don't discriminate EVERY type of doll is allowed. Wether you have Barbie, Tyler Wentworth, a poppet, a Blythe, an antique doll, your beloved childhood toy, any doll is welcome!! We will be making items FOR the dolls. Some ideas are clothes, doll sized furniture or toys, accessories (like boas, shoes, purses) and anything else you can think of. Perhaps a doll carrier? Or a suitcase converted to a doll wardrobe? The whole idea is to spoil a doll! Here's the officials:

Swap name: Spoil my Doll swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: mom2blu
Sign-up date range: 6-10-08 until 6-25-08
Date to send item by: September 1st NEW Send By September 8th!

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): JUST 20!!!!

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Age requirement? You must be at least 13 to partcipate!

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

Details of swap:
This will be a points based swap. There is a description of points below. WE WILL CREATE 10 POINTS! You can register to swap for more then one doll, but the 10 points will be for all dolls combined NOT for each. So if you sign up 2 dolls they may each get things, but they total value will be 10 points, not 10 points each. If you want to discuss doing more points with the partner that is up to you, but you need to both agree.  This is a relatively large swap, but it does have a long craft time.  If your partner registers more then one doll you do not nessecarily have to create for each doll. Some dolls are just hard to craft for. If you have ANY questions contact me. Also you will be required to check-in because of the long craft time. You will need to post AT LEAST once a week, even if it is just to say you are still crafting away. When you mail a delivery confirmation is required if you are in the USA, and a copy of your reciept may be required if your package gets lost and you are from another country. Please do not sign up if you do not intend to be very serious about this swap. Also if you are in a foreign (to the USA) country, please be willing to mail internationally. It is not required, it just makes things much much easier!

Points are as follows:
Large = 3 points
Medium = 2 points
Small = 1 point

Sizes are:
There has been a bit of confusion as to what is a large, medium, and small item.  So here's a handy dandy guide.  This is not totally set in stone, but is a rough estimate of sizes described by time it takes to make package, by physical size and by cost:

By Time
-Big = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Little = 2 or less hours

By Size
-Big = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

By Price
-Big = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less

Remember, the important thing is that you and your partner agree.  If you want to make each other a purse for a shawl, go ahead.  Just make sure you're being fair, you communicate with your partner and you meet the guidelines outlined in the Swap Guide as well as additional guidelines setup by the Organizer of the particular swap.

Obviously, each project is different.  Please use your discretion when deciding what is a large vs. small project.  These are just a suggestions.

Some examples are:
doll sized boa- small
doll outfits are usually a medium
a very exquisite/fancy/hard to craft outfit can be a large. (for example my Gene is hard to cloth and requires a lot of hand sewing I would consider any outfit for her a large, but my Sasha is very easy to sew for and only a very exquisite dress would be looked at as a large.)
Doll furniture- handmade- large
Doll furniture purchased and painted- medium or large

If you have ANY questions about points or sizes (or even to ask what size an item is) just PM me.

Some examples of 10 points are:
3 larges and a small
10 smalls
5 mediums
1 large, 2 mediums and 3 smalls
the possibilities go on and on.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
1. mom2blu
2. sarahpanda
3. ScotSkipper402
4. JadedJenn
5. KungFuGirlfriend
6. anastrophe
7. sactownsue
8. thanate
9. Maltiriel
10. SUMMERLUVIN_CA

Sent
Received
Feedback Left
Contact Me ASAP

Partners are:
sarahpanda----------scotskipper

thanate------maltrirel

Jadedjenn--------sactownsue

kungfugirlfriend-------SUMMERLUVIN_CA

mom2blu----------anastrophe
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008 01:34:56 PM by mom2blu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

HELPPPP I'm addicted to wists!!!!! www.wists.com/mom2blu
Maltiriel

I touch the fire and it freezes me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008 08:22:02 PM »

I'm going to fill out the application as soon as I can get all the measurements for my dolls together, but in the mean time I had a thought.  I've got several dolls which aren't very common, so do you think it would it be crazy/overkill or useful to take photos of them along with more common dolls for reference for my partner?  I was just thinking knowing the measurements and all are one thing, but it might be useful to see comparison shots as well...  What d'ya think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There IS a choice: Vote Libertarian!
Wer mit Ungeheuern kmpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
kaymadben
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008 09:03:47 PM »

Well I have a new doll for my daughter that we received in a swap. She got tons and tons of clothes but more is always cool. Especially since my partner sent a wardrobe to hold all the clothes. So what about if the doll isn't too expensive if we sent the doll to "visit" our partner so she can make sure the clothes are gonna fit? I would hate to receive 10 points of clothes and have none of them fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
mom2blu
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008 05:15:25 AM »

If you want to take photos for your partner that would be great. It would probably be best to wait until you are partnered, then you can message it to them directly.

As for mailing the doll that is something you and your partner would have to work out. It adds extra expense for shipping that your partner may or may not be willing to pay. Also do you want to risk mailing the doll and your partner flaking? If you give enough measurements your partner should be able to make clothes that fit. Also don't forget this swap isn't limited to clothes. Your partner may make furniture, decorate shoes, makes toys and accessories, etc etc. If your doll is just genuinly hard to make fitting clothes for you could request no clothing, and suggest they make other items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

marlie2
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008 09:18:42 PM »

Hooray! It's started!

I'll get my questionnaire all filled out an in tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahpanda
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008 09:08:15 AM »

Okay! I just sent in my application! Yippee Skippy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchypanda.etsy.c om
gmail chat: sarahpanda
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008 09:32:01 AM »

wondering if it has to be a doll in the traditional sense 
I have a nabaztag  you can make things to decorate the ears and stuff or little clothes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008 11:02:55 AM »

Seems like a bunny thing could be a doll too...!

The faves I signed up for:  Brenda Starr (Tyler Wentworth without the attitude), American Girl, and Midge (Barbie's put-upon friend)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
mom2blu
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008 11:10:30 AM »

I have no idea what a nabaztag does, but that thing is cute!!!!! I think we could allow that cute creature in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2blu
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008 11:24:34 AM »

my hubby is going to hate you for introducing me to that rabbit!!!! I looked it up and it seems soooooooooooooooooo o awesome! I swore I wouldn't want anything after he got me my collectible sasha doll for mothers day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lucia Ribisi Closet Interview with StyleLikeU
3 Stylish Ways to Rock a Nautical Striped Sweater
See Our Favorite Kate Middleton Fashion Moments For Her 30th Birthday
Nadia and Hassan Sarwar Closet Interview With StyleLikeU
Emily Blunt Kicks Off Awards Season in a Pink Marios Schwab Dress
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...