A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,174
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knit stop, mass ave knitting shops...  (Read 980 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2008 01:33:29 PM »

The only one that is close to me right now is the Knit stop shop on 82ed and....something(its past the green bridge from my side, and its near a joe's crab shack, which is across from another shopping area which has barnes and nobel and Mongolian grill). I heard of the one near downtown as well. Is there any other places besides the big stores like Joann's and Michaels? Anyone ever been in the Knit stop before and do they sell roving for my spinning besides yarn?

sidenote-Are all the hobby lobbies gone? or they remodeling or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antijamsect

bb foxy and me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008 05:00:14 AM »

There's a hobby lobby on the west side...actually in avon...on rockville road.  they actually have the trifecta around rockville and raceway road...michaels, joanns, and a hobby lobby...i found this out when i started a new job in the area and would drive around at lunch!

i live on mass ave, and I've never seen a knitting shop...i'm newish to indy (lived here 18 mos.) so maybe i've just missed it somehow? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008 10:04:04 AM »

http://www.massaveknitshoponline.com/
that is the one i was talking about for the one downtownish? or somewhere, i havnt been there yet, i would most lickly be going to the 82ed street one. since thats only a few minutes away. There used to be at leats 2 i can remember of hobby lobby near me or somewhat near, and they have since closed down, so thanks for the info. ill try go there sometimes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elottino
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008 05:27:56 PM »

Mass ave knit shop is actually in fountain square.  It's huge and kind of overwhelming!  I was there on a Saturday, and there were a lot of people just there to knit and hang out.  The knit shop in Castleton is the same way, only smaller.  I'd recommend both, and I only buy yarn for doll hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008 06:22:07 PM »

yea, i heard about a sale for mass ave. i plan to go to the other one, do they have fiber to use to spin i wonder. i always pass by wanting to go in but i never really have the time or control(since i dont drive yet) to get in. i might go there with some friends one day...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elottino
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008 09:20:24 AM »

Sorry, I don't know if they have fiber.  Well, I think a lot of stores I've been in lately have wool for felting, if it's similar.

What I like about the Fountain Square it that it has Dolphin paper (where I buy chartpac markers), a great bead store, and the knit shop all in the same couple of blocks.  You can make a day of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Summer Date Night Makeup Tutorial
Clean Edgy Makeup at Kaelen FW 2014 Fashion Show
No-Makeup Makeup Tutorial
How to Avoid Counterfeit Cosmetics
Best Beauty Products for Sensitive Skin
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...