A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 5INCH FABRIC CHARM SWAP (COMPLETE)  (Read 9406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bettflow
« on: June 10, 2008 01:26:34 AM »

Swap name: 5" FABRIC CHARM SWAP
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: bettflow
Sign-up date range: 6/10/08-6/30/08
Date to send item by: 7/25/08
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Age requirement? 13+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

Details of swap:

You will send ten 5" fabric charms to each person (depending on how many participants we have). If we have a large group of participants, we will divide up into groups of 10-12 members.  NO REPEATS PLEASE!!!  Each charm MUST be a different fabric and MUST be 100% cotton.  You can send up to 5 solids/tone on tones, but no more than 5.  This swap is focusing mostly on novelty prints, so if you do choose to send any solid squares, PLEASE send no more than 5:)

Please be sure to measure the squares accurately.  The best way to cut these squares is with a rotary cutter.  If you do not have a rotary cutter, be sure that the squares are measured accurately and that the edges are smooth.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are atleast 13 years old (yes/no)
Do you have any preferences of colors or designs that you would like to receive?
Do you have any allergies?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

BE SURE TO POST PICS OF THE SQUARES YOU RECEIVE IN THE PHOTO GALLERY

SENT
RECEIVED
SENDING LATE WITH COMMUNICATION
SENDING LATE WITH NO COMMUNICATION
COMPLETE WITH FEEDBACK

APPROVED SWAPPERS:

bettflow (to) aspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleighColorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999, onegroovyday, almostexact

aspenwall (to) bettflow, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleigh, Colorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999, onegroovyday, almostexact

CreativeGenes (to) bettflow, aspenwall, lukenlarry, jennyleigh, Colorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999, onegroovyday, almostexact

lukenlarry (to) bettflow, aspenwall, CreativeGenes, jennyleigh, Colorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999, onegroovyday, almostexact

jennyleigh (to) bettflow, aspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, Colorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999, onegroovyday, almostexact

Colorfuldayz(to) bettflow, aspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleigh,goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999, onegroovyday, almostexact

goatgoddess (to) bettflowaspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleighColorfuldayz, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999, onegroovyday, almostexact

imafundork (to) bettflowaspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleigh, Colorfuldayz, goatgoddess, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999onegroovyday, almostexact

purpleone(to)  bettflow, aspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleighColorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, craftydiane, audrey1999onegroovyday, almostexact

craftydiane (to)  bettflow, aspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleighColorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, audrey1999, onegroovyday,
almostexact

audrey1999 (to)  bettflow, aspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleighColorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, onegroovyday, almostexact

onegroovyday(to) bettflow, aspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleighColorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999, almostexact.

almostexact (to)  bettflow, aspenwall, CreativeGenes, lukenlarry, jennyleighColorfuldayz, goatgoddess, imafundork, purpleone, craftydiane, audrey1999, onegroovyday

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008 07:16:44 PM by bettflow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008 01:54:47 AM »

Do you have any examples of what a 5" fabric charm is?  I'm trying to picture one....not having luck...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
bettflow
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008 10:46:40 AM »

Charms are pieces of fabric that are cut 5" x 5".  Quilters use these charms to make quilts, plus they're also great for other crafters to use to make dotee dolls and other crafts.  Here's a pic of a group of charms.  Hope this helps.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008 03:05:27 PM »

So it's just one fabric cut to 5x5?  I could do this, but I need to finish up my other swaps first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008 03:11:51 PM »

Count me in...once I have 15 posts and been a member for a month!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aspenwall
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008 06:23:28 AM »

I can't resist!!!  I'm sending in my info  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008 09:02:21 AM »

This sounds easy. 
And it would be great for my recent dotee obssession. 
Hmmmmm.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008 12:53:06 PM »

You will send 5 novelty charms and 5 solid colored charms to each person...NO REPEATS PLEASE!!!

Question - Does this mean no repeats in the entire group to whom you are sending, or just per person?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008 04:54:29 PM »

I would certainly hope per person, I know I don't have 100 different kinds or cotton fabric Tongue

You will send 5 novelty charms and 5 solid colored charms to each person...NO REPEATS PLEASE!!!

Question - Does this mean no repeats in the entire group to whom you are sending, or just per person?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
bettflow
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008 10:25:22 PM »

LOL.....Yep, that's right, it's per person.  You can send the same type fabric to each person, but needs to be 10 different fabrics per person.  Does that make sense???  I'm not the best at explaining details, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tia Mowry-Hardrict Reveals Her Hair Crushes
How to Change a Bad Hair Day Into a Good Hair Day
How to Accessorize Your Big Chop
5 Lessons Sherri Shepherd Has Learned From Wearing Wigs
How to Get the Ombre Look Without Coloring Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...