A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
388 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: back on the purse wagon!(pics)+Key Fob Tute p3  (Read 6222 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewnikki
Nikki

Hi, my name is Nikki and I am a fabric addict.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 09, 2008 08:52:07 PM »

and the craftster wagon too for that matter.   Cheesy

ive been so busy with the kiddos and school and now summer vacation. not to mention adding a 5th child to my fantastic four by taking on a full-time babysitting gig.  (imagine this....its a humid 97 degree afternoon....im outside trying to explain watering restrictions and heat exhaustion to my 3 boys ages 6-9, all the while biding my time till the perfect moment to whip out the handy-dandy mosquito repellant hidden behind my back and soak the little devils....2 hits, 1 miss....then i come inside to my lovely air conditioned home and plop on the couch for a moment before deciding what id least hate to cook for dinner and there they are....my 4yo oh-so-precious daughter in the middle of painting the shirt and arms of my 3yo godson....with  Shocked  MODGE PODGE!!!......yeah, that was last friday) whoooohoooo!

anyways! with what little time ive had to myself, i seem to have themed each of the last 4 months with a new idea that I thought would consume less time but still satisfy my need to create....boooo, never settle for less!

THANKFULLY, things are finally falling into place, routines are being learned and the chaos is getting manageable so im finding the time to spend a little longer "working".  i got to do my first custom bag order in months yesterday and by golly, miss molly, i think the purse bug is BACK!!!

not only have i missed "pursing", ive really missed lurking around here. i think i have clicked every new post since march or so in the past hour, lol. im just drooling over what everyone has been doing. then i remembered why i like it here. everyone is so creative and kind enough to share their own work as well as advice, experiences and opinions. you guys really inspire me to get it together and start making and sharing my own goodies.

so, without further ado and babbling..

the super-quick, super-enthusiastic 4 month recap of what i have been doing and not doing...

february was unofficially wallet/zippered pouch month i do believe. i got on this kick and made like 30 of them...then burned out  Cry

march was key fob month, not a bag persay, but they do carry your keys  Wink  (still making a few of these actually, lol)

ah april, I actually made a purse!!!

may was almost completely void of things that carry stuff

YAY for June!!! 3 purses in 2 days!!!.....hey thats big for me  Tongue i dont have a pic of the custom i did and im kicking myself now. so try to imagine the skull print one with pink hippy van fabric instead. it was awesome, i swear.

this one was an exact copy of the custom bag, but with my favorite fabric....my friend manipulated me out of it in less than an hour!  Angry

and this is a slight evolution of the same bag, but with a cheerier print. it screams summer to me...

ive gotten a lot more requests from friends and family for versions of the bags above and since they offered money, i assume they aren't just being nice, lol. so yay, i really feel like im getting my purse mojo going again. im actually giddy  Grin

Viva la Craftster!!!

Nikki
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008 07:28:15 AM by sewnikki » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Long live Craftster and the crafty-craftiness of its crafters!!!
Etsy
(destash sale! hook and eye tape, grommet tape and other goodies)
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008 09:00:42 PM »

Okay, these are all AWESOME! 

I love all the fabrics you used and especially the wallets - they look great!

Your sewing is so neat and pretty.

I really love the sushi fabric!  Where did you get it?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clay Pants
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008 09:11:10 PM »

Those are all awesome, I can see why your friends and family want them!! I love the sushi print purse, and your wallets are adorable Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iwannamessupmysheetsw_you
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008 09:11:25 PM »

ah these are all so cute  Smiley
do you think you could give a brief tute on how to make those key fobs??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bennysmom
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008 09:17:57 PM »

These bags are great!!! How does the skull fabric purse close? What pattern did you use and where did you find such great fabric? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EasilyAmused

You're gonna make it after all.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008 09:33:56 PM »

awesome job! fun fabric choices!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nana to kk
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008 09:42:35 PM »

All your bags are awesome. I especially like the purse with the button closure. Did you have a pattern or design it yourself?
You are so creative.
I'm inspired to create!
Please let me know about the bag pattern.
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathigarn
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008 03:54:09 AM »

All of your items are beautiful!!  Great patterns and choices of fabric!!  Bravo!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chinarockfishakm

Ralphie Jr. (Christmas Story)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008 06:34:45 AM »

What tutorial did you use for the bottom bags?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft-ish Blog: http://notimeforcrafting.blogspot.com/

Anyone wanna help a good cause and buy a sonography class cookbook so I can go to a seminar in September? They are $15 alone, and $20 with handmade potholders. PM me!
ChrisM318
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008 07:39:45 AM »

All of your things are amazing!  Could you point me in the direction for patterns? I would love to make the wallets.  Thanks for any info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about The Art of Music
Learn about the Orchestra
Learn about Theater
Learn about Motion Picture Animation
Drawing Rosettes Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...