A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
342 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paris Party is Fini! With PICTURES! (Lots)  (Read 3292 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 09, 2008 12:15:16 PM »

So I had a lovely Paris soiree for my graduation from university!

We set up a "bistro" in the backyard (black and pink themed! With black roses on pink tablecloths & pink roses on black tablecloths)

It was complete with an Eiffel tower & A French flag!

The deck was done up too, with another bistro table, the "Bar a Vin" (French wine bar... but also pop & beer), and a couple wicker chairs by a picture of the Eiffel tower. And some awesome French music was playing up here too!

Here's a shot of me & a couple friends at the Eiffel tower! I'm in the purple (looking a bit exhausted with all this party planning!)

And inside... was the food! First the "fromagerie" --> Labelled French cheeses & a pate

And more labelled French cheeses (served with crackers, pickles, and grapes that aren't shown in these shots!)

The "Chocolatier", a chocolate fountain with fruit to dip in it!

The dessert table... There was the "creperie" (this was before I put out the crepes, fruit to fill it, whipped cream, ice cream, & nutella!)

And the "patisserie", with adorable looking petit fours!

Our main course I didn't get any shots of, but I kept up the naming scheme (of using the name of types of French shops for each area!). There was all sorts of French bread in baskets - croissants, French stick, French loaf, and boule (That was the "boulangerie"), some deli meat trays (the "charcuterie"), and the "epicurie" (everything else): coq au vin, salad, & quiche.

All in all.. a resounding success!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008 04:20:04 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DancingBoots
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008 12:17:58 PM »

Tres Bien! C'est bon, no?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008 12:19:32 PM »

Ah, mais oui! Merci Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008 12:36:24 PM »

C'est un fete celebre!

How did you feel about the chocolate fountain? We're getting pressured to have one at our reception and I'm curious about the mess/refilling/general hassle vs. how much people like it. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
psyche

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008 04:58:54 PM »

Well I've tried a different chocolate fountain, and it worked a lot better than this one! I'm not sure if it was our chocolate, or what, but it never was flowing quite nicely. - in the shot it's about the best it was all night (Though it was only about $30 and from Walmart). The hassle is more melting some chocolate to put in at the beginning, then keeping an eye on it for the first half hour or so to make sure it's running fine. So not too bad.

People definitely enjoy it though! The kids and seniors at my party were just thrilled with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrandTheftUno
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008 01:13:14 PM »

I had a chocolate fountain at an event last year. It was really great but also sort of wasteful, you have to keep a lot of chocolate in it to keep in going, and it has to be totally level or else it doesn't work right. We ended up having so much chocolate left at the end of the night, and my poor mom cleaned it and it was a terrible mess. I suppose if you have one at a wedding, you might be renting it and letting someone else take care of all that, but all in all, they are good fun.

lovely party, by the way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008 01:27:16 PM »

Great party!

About the chocolate fountain - my husband is a food service professional - his biggest concern/problem with them is the sanitation issue.

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
psyche

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008 09:10:38 PM »

I agre with both of those comments, really! I don't know if we'll be using it again.. it was kind of a pain Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008 01:21:09 PM »

I just went to a party with a chocolate fountain. I wached two people drop their fruit in and dig it out with their fingers. More than once.
I chose not to enjoy the fountain myself.

I'm sure with a smaller party, or a better caliber of guests this won't happen, but we will NOT be having one at our reception! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
woo_me
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008 09:26:49 AM »

This is such a great idea!!! It looks so classy!  I love all the tags in the food!!!  GOOD JOB!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them.   -Andy Warhol

i'm up for personal swaps just PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
No Eres Nada Sin Maquillaje - Laura Sánchez
Runway to Real Way Beauty
Carolina Herrera Spring 2015 - NYFW - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Donna Karan Spring 2015 - NYFW - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Frank Brand Exfoliators Review
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...