A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days of Halloween Swap 2008 (closed, FINAL SEND OUT EXTENEDED TO OCT 15!!)  (Read 32794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JadedJenn

Valar morghulis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008 10:39:39 PM »

You can wear a tank top and shorts on Halloween here in MN. You just have to tell people that the blue tint of you skin is part of the costume!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
My Wists
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2008 10:58:09 AM »

Well with the way the weather has been going in my area lately, I think shorts and a tee shirt would work perfectly.  My one friend 2 years ago finally figured out a way to incorporate a jacket with her costume and of course it was one of those nights where it was 75+ 

I always remember having to be bundled up and wearing a couple of layers under my costume when I was kid.  I kind of miss that cold, fall weather.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2008 04:31:11 PM »

I got a package from a friend back in the states this week. It was full of craft supplies-many of them Halloween themed. Smiley I can't wait to get my partner! Smiley

We get great fall weather, even though it's different from what I remember as a kid. The valleys around us go a brilliant shade of gold. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2008 04:53:48 PM »

we don't really get fall here. Or spring, for that matter. It's summer and chilly. Those are our seasons. It's strange. Though that is only because, as an adult, I lived in the Midwest for about a year, and experienced seasons. For example, I would LOVE to have a Halloween with orange leaves and stuff like that. Orange leaves that aren't silk i mean Wink

I am getting SO excited for this swap! I was at my mom's last weekend, and we were discussing when is too early start putting up Halloween decorations. We agreed on first week in September. Cause it's "Fally". I am genetically predisposed to crafty holidays. I can't help it.  And this swap is basically a license to go hog wild for THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2008 05:58:00 PM »

That's funny, every year my husband and I have a big argument about when is too early to carve a jack o lantern. I say October 1, he says the 18th (so it's not all rotty by Halloween). Usually we argue for the first week, and then by the 12th he's worn down and we've got a pumpkin.

This swap is going to augment our usual Halloween countdown because we always watch 14 days of scary movies and try to do something autumn-y or halloween-y every weekend. Now it's just official: 13 full days of celebrating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
Langwidere

Recently rediscovered Craftster - yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2008 06:02:49 PM »

If it gets rotten by Halloween, you can just carve another one!  I'm a big fan of pumpkin carving so I would definitely do it more than just once for the holiday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pawnshoppromises
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2008 12:29:50 AM »

Oh, I so have to jump on board for this!

I'm going to start filling out the survey now, but seeing as it's already 3:30 AM, I'll probably have to do the bulk of it later today/tomorrow (however you want to look at it). Haha..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2008 06:27:01 AM »

I use to argue with my parents about when I could put up the Halloween decorations. They finally agreed to let me start decorating on the first of October and then it became a tradition. My hubby doesn't get a choice now, I sneak downstairs on the first and start decorating before he gets up! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
KungFuGirlfriend
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2008 06:21:55 PM »

I just couldn't resist anymore, I had to fill out the questionnaire. I love Halloween and fall type things way too much to stay away!

We haven't decorated for Halloween much yet. We live in an apartment, so there isn't much you can do. We are hoping to have our first house (or at least rental) in August, so maybe I can decorate outside for the first time this Halloween! I always put up a fall wreath though come mid-August and it stays up until the day after Thanksgiving! I also have a really cute glass pumpkin candy dish, but we can never keep the Halloween candy in it, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2008 07:29:42 PM »

I went to Michaels today and guess what I saw?  Halloween stuff!  Already!  They had those fake crows (my fave) and other feathered birdies and they also had some H'ween ribbon which I most definitely picked up.  Gotta get it before it's gone! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairdressing Essentials Shampoo
How to Cut Freehand
Hairdressing Essentials Hair Serums
Hairdressing Essentials Holding Products
Hairdressing Essentials Scissors
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...