A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,659
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days of Halloween Swap 2008 (closed, FINAL SEND OUT EXTENEDED TO OCT 15!!)  (Read 32047 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Langwidere

Recently rediscovered Craftster - yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2008 09:32:52 AM »

Okay, so I'm diligently filling out the questionnaire and I keep coming to "General Halloween decorations or themed?" and getting stuck.  I feel silly asking, but I guess I'm not entirely sure what the difference between a general decoration and a themed decoration would be.  Would the general decoration be just bats, pumpkins, etc and then a themed one based on a specific Halloween-type character?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2008 09:49:07 AM »

Well though I'm still pondering this swap... I HAVE filled out the questionnaire. (Is that crazy?)

I guess the themed would be like.. if you decorate your garage like a mad scientist's lab, or your front lawn like a graveyard... rather thna just the regular bats and pumpkins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2008 12:05:25 PM »

That's what I was thinking too!  General theme I think would be like jack o lanterns and run of the mill halloween decorations and themed decorations would be if you decorated your whole house as a haunted mansion or cemetery.  General is not very specific and themed would be.  I think! Tongue  That's how I approached the question anyways!  Hope that helps! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2008 04:23:02 PM »

That's how the boy and I filled it out together.  We have multiple themes throughout our apartment, so we included each one.  But I also enjoy some vintage like stuff, just to have for myself to hang all year round.  Don't have anything like that right now, but it would be nice.  Plus we don't have too much space for things like that right now.  Maybe in the near future if this town finally realizes that people can't afford 200 thousand houses.  Silly people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2008 08:00:47 AM »

You are all right! that is what I meant. I also was thinking along the lines of vintage, gorey, gothy, ect. so it could be either what you are all suggesting, or that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2008 11:56:25 AM »

That's how the boy and I filled it out together.  We have multiple themes throughout our apartment, so we included each one.  But I also enjoy some vintage like stuff, just to have for myself to hang all year round.  Don't have anything like that right now, but it would be nice.  Plus we don't have too much space for things like that right now.  Maybe in the near future if this town finally realizes that people can't afford 200 thousand houses.  Silly people.

Wow cheebs where do you live?? I live in San Diego, and a $200K house is a deal!

Stupid paying for the sunshine bs......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2008 03:16:36 PM »

Well though I'm still pondering this swap... I HAVE filled out the questionnaire. (Is that crazy?)

I think if you went through all the effort of filling out that questionnaire, you ought to sign up! We'd love to have you in this swap, psyche!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2008 03:29:07 PM »

I've gotten the list on the front page updated for everyone who has signed up so far. If your name is on the list, then you are approved and you need to follow the directions at the bottom of the first post and go get your mini gallery set up by reserving a spot with a comment under the gallery link. Please follow the directions there, just reserve one space.

Later when you receive your packages and post your pictures, you will simply modify the reserved spot so you can put all your things up in one post. If you are unsure how this would look, please go check out the 12 days of xmas gallery from last year.

Also, while it isn't required that you post once a week until partners are assigned, it would be nice if those of you signing up would post occasionally until then and contribute to our discussion! It make me nervous when people sign up who don't want to chat with the rest of us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2008 05:30:28 PM »

Wow cheebs where do you live?? I live in San Diego, and a $200K house is a deal!

Stupid paying for the sunshine bs......

I'm out near Philly, in the suburbs.  My problem is my income does not allow me to afford that kind of mortgage despite being a chemist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KungFuGirlfriend
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2008 05:35:44 PM »

Arrgh, this is the MOST tempting swap! I love Halloween! I just need to decide if I will be able to do it or not.

I'm also sending late for the first time in the current swap I'm in (had some car troubles that sucked up all my shipping money).  Undecided I feel pretty bad about it and don't want it to hurt any future swap chances!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The 5-Minute Heart-Shaped Braid Tutorial That You Will Love!
How to Apply Chalk to Your Hair
Hair Tips: How To Wake Up With Curls (Using No Heat)!
The Best Way to Go From Brunette to Blonde
Ballerina Inspired Hairstyle at the Bibhu Mohapatra SS 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...