A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days of Halloween Swap 2008 (closed, FINAL SEND OUT EXTENEDED TO OCT 15!!)  (Read 30843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tibeydo

Check out that PHD!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008 08:33:22 PM »

Okay.. this sounds like craptons of fun... but I have a question. Do we have specific themes for each of the 13 days? I'm guessing day 1 is a large item, but is there a daily "theme", like day 7 is skully, day 5 is vampire-ish.. blablabla. I'm going to rack my brain on it and see what I can do.. this sounds WAY interesting Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps.. especially kiddo ones!

I'm wisting, but just started Smiley http://wists.com/tibeydo

Check out the OWS 35!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249161.0
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008 09:13:37 PM »

Sunday...I got a little excited over sending in my questionnaire and forgot to put '13 Days of Halloween Swap 2008' in the subject line...So if you get a PM with no subject, it was probably me Roll Eyes  Darn trigger finger!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
HalloweenNut
When goths get old...

Keeping Halloween in my heart year-round

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008 04:29:38 AM »

YAY - this one is officially open!!   Grin  I'll noodle through the questionnaire and send it over this evening. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creepy, kooky, mysterious, spooky, altogether ooky.
http://www.wists.com/HalloweenNut
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008 07:27:33 AM »

Question - i like halloween but am not into the gory vampire, skully bloody stuff. i have one child who was actually terrified of his tigger (you know like pooh but orange) costume last year! i'd love to join but as well as well as not recieving this sort of items i'd prefere not to craft them either. would this be a possibility to request a partner that  doesn't want those sorts of items?

also how is feedback given? say i get down to business and send early and my partner receives in mid july? will i still be waiting until october to receive feedback?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
oohmybees
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008 07:39:38 AM »

I have been reading through these threads and I have a couple of questions, I'm sorry if its already been asked...Are their sized requirements for the crafts like in other swaps(for example a swap will say craft one large, one medium and two small)? or is it more about the number/quality of items sent?  And does it need to be individual items or would a halloween village with 8 houses count as day 8 or a charm bracelet with 13 charms work for day 13?  I am really interested in doing this swap, but I want to make sure I am clear on the details before I commit to it Grin.  I can't wait to see the gallery on this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tibeydo

Check out that PHD!

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008 10:05:08 AM »

1boy1girl1kitty2- If I end up joining, I'd love to be your partner... I've got 2 daughters (5 and 3) and would much rather get some goodies for them (along with a few for myself) that are "not as scary". I was thinking the same thing myself. I could come up with some awesome craftiness for little ones for halloween Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps.. especially kiddo ones!

I'm wisting, but just started Smiley http://wists.com/tibeydo

Check out the OWS 35!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249161.0
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008 10:13:30 AM »

I have been reading through these threads and I have a couple of questions, I'm sorry if its already been asked...Are their sized requirements for the crafts like in other swaps(for example a swap will say craft one large, one medium and two small)? or is it more about the number/quality of items sent?  And does it need to be individual items or would a halloween village with 8 houses count as day 8 or a charm bracelet with 13 charms work for day 13?  I am really interested in doing this swap, but I want to make sure I am clear on the details before I commit to it Grin.  I can't wait to see the gallery on this one!

Hey oohmybees, its not really a size requirement, more like 91 items sent, a portion of them store-bought (about 20 or so items) then the rest is crafted.  Its like a grade of small to medium to large as you progress through the days.  13 can be 13 pieces of candy or cookies or brownies  Wink or just 13 little plastic bats or something small like that.  Then 12 can be 12 small crafted items, 11 can be 6 small crafted items, 5 bought items, and so on.  And then somewhere around day 9, upgrade to medium items like a couple of stencilled shirts, treat bags, things like that.  Then around day 5, start adding more larges into the mix, making day 1 the mega-gift.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is its a mix.  If you are still confused, try and look through the discussion thread about this topic, its in the first post by sundayafternoonhous ewife.  If you're still confused, feel free to ask more questions. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oohmybees
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008 10:47:17 AM »

Hey oohmybees, its not really a size requirement, more like 91 items sent, a portion of them store-bought (about 20 or so items) then the rest is crafted.  Its like a grade of small to medium to large as you progress through the days.  13 can be 13 pieces of candy or cookies or brownies  Wink or just 13 little plastic bats or something small like that.  Then 12 can be 12 small crafted items, 11 can be 6 small crafted items, 5 bought items, and so on.  And then somewhere around day 9, upgrade to medium items like a couple of stencilled shirts, treat bags, things like that.  Then around day 5, start adding more larges into the mix, making day 1 the mega-gift.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is its a mix.  If you are still confused, try and look through the discussion thread about this topic, its in the first post by sundayafternoonhous ewife.  If you're still confused, feel free to ask more questions. 
Thanks, that helps, I think I'll check out the 12 days of xmas swap gallery too.  I think that I need to mull this over for a while, I want to make sure I can devote enough time to this swap and still be available for the other halloween swaps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008 02:01:45 PM »

Cheebs- thanks for answering some questions. You are right on the money. As for the feedback question, I am going to have to mull that one over. It would be hard to give feedback before you posted your pictures, which you couldn't do until then end of October, so it isn't likely that anyone would be getting feedback early.

As for wanting to have not too scary things, well, if you want to play be SURE to note that in your questionaire, and I will be sure to pair you accordingling. I think I need to add that question, maybe what type of decorations, ect, one prefers, like vintage, gorey, scary, ect. I'll get on that and for the 2 who have already submitted, if you want to up date when I do, just let me know.

I am getting so excited!

Oh, and yes, I think you could do themes if you wanted to, but that isn't at all required. I mean, you could do 4 totally different things for day 4 if you wanted. Just remember that everything needs to stay Halloween themed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008 02:53:04 PM »

WOOT!!  I'm in!  #3 on the list.  I think that's the earliest I've ever signed up for a swap!  Thanks Sunday! I think I'm just gonna call you 'Sunday', 'cuz spelling Sundayafternoonhous ewife is kinda long Tongue even though I think it's an awesome name!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could only be housewives on Sunday afternoons instead of every damn day?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 59 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marinated Chicken Breast Recipe
Rice Pilaf Recipe
Fun Filled Chilli Recipe
Newport Fried Chicken Recipe
Beef Pot Pie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...