A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
764 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feedback please  (Read 1087 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MomOfBoys
Specializing in custom bags, purses and more.

Sewing is my sanity :)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2008 09:42:03 AM »

I am changing my website and have done quite a bit in the last few days.  I will be redoing all the pictures to have a finished look with the boarders. What ya think ?

www.sewingbyjody.we bs.com

Thanks
Jody
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathleenalice
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008 10:18:13 AM »

First off, your products do look very well made, and you've got a great range.

I like the muted colours on your site - very easy on the eye.

I really like the way you describe things - lots of detail and personality.

As far as site improvements:

- If I were you, I'd change your front page. It looks more like a personal homepage than a business website. There are no pics of your products, just of you and your boys.

- Look into getting yourself some ad-free hosting. Again, having ads at the top of every page doesn't look very professional.

- There are a lot of options on the left, and they're not in any particular order. I don't immediately know the difference between all the different types of bag. Maybe an "umbrella" page with small pics and short descriptions of each type of bag - how about putting them in a table?

- The text on your page is pretty huge and spaced differently on every page. I find it quite hard to read, and becuase the text is big it takes a lot of scrolling through. Stick to size 10-12 in standard font, with headings one size larger and in bold. You should aim not to have your visitor have to scroll down more than once or twice at most.

- It's not immediately clear how I can actually buy from you.

- Run your text through the spellcheck. There are a few errors there. For example, on the page I'm looking at now (tote bags) you've used "your" when you mean "you are" and missed the e off the end of "therefor".

- The "wet bags" page looks really nice with all the images lined up. Maybe you could aim for that on other pages?

- Your dotted line border at the top of the page is cutting off the top of your headers. Maybe just add in an extra paragraph space to seperate them a wee bit?

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mom2blu
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008 11:48:09 AM »

I just really started browsing your site, but one thing is so incredibly obvious to me I have to say it right away. I may have more critiques later (after more browsing)

The price, should definently be on the same page as the item. I was like "oh that's a cool tote, How much is it?" Then I had to browse around to find it!

Also I would suggest putting a description underneath of each tote. For example you say they are all the same average size, but never say what that size is. And also "some bags feature extra pockets" but does the bag I like have extras or not? Under each Bag I would definently add at least a small basic description, "this bag is X inches x X inches. It features the two large pockets, but no small pockets. It is $x"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to fill my home and life with handcrafts! PM me if you want to do a personal swap!

I have brand new inkpads and stamps I need to get rid of. Good brands too. I want to swap for other supplies! PM me if you're interested!

HELPPPP I'm addicted to wists!!!!! www.wists.com/mom2blu
MomOfBoys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008 02:17:15 PM »

awesome advice ladies thank you so much I will be editing and improving later this evening Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewitgoes
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008 04:15:44 PM »

I agree with all of the above...good site, still looking...as far as spellchecking, it won't catch all the mistakes :ie surged is a word, but you mean serged with a serger...easily missed Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MomOfBoys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008 03:55:19 PM »

ok so I did a bunch of changes THANK YOU ladies ! ! ! ! Is there anything else that you can see ?

Knowledge is power Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

solimar170
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008 08:22:02 PM »

I like the pictures. Best suggestion is to make the home page more professional. It looks too cute.

Prices are great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MomOfBoys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008 09:24:00 PM »

Thanks ! ! !
Ive done more to it and added some more stuff Smiley its always a work in progress lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008 04:10:56 PM »

Even though the menu on the left gives the links to your product categories, you've also got categories listed in the home page text. Create links to your other pages from the red wording. People expect to click on colored text and be taken somewhere. Ditto that for anything underlined.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MomOfBoys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008 01:30:43 PM »

thats a great idea ..... now to figure out if I can do that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Chowder
Matchbook Canvas Art
How to Get Your Artwork Shown at a Gallery
How to Draw Bobo Haha from Generator Rex
How to Draw Botasky from Apocalypse Meow
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...