A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotee Doll Mini Art Doll Gallery  (Read 32244 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gingerquilts
« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2008 01:23:38 PM »

Presenting . . . . my new dotee collection!
From UrsulaDiamond

Cool zippers, eye and lightning!  Love it.

From Squirrelgirl:

Cute little face, isn't it?!!!  Love the rick rack hanger, too.

From saragoodman3:

Love the face and the stars with beads around it!

From sewphie:

How cute is that little embroidered bird?!!  TINY stitches.  tiny

All of them together, including the one I already posted pics of from lmcbride:

You can see pics of just the faces of the ones I sent out on my blog (link below).  I have to figure out where I stored the rest of the pics I took before I sent them.

Thanks everyone!  Lovin' my dotees!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2008 01:43:04 PM »

Here are my dotee dolls........

From left to right: woobie, Elphalba, Linda P, michelleames.   I hope I got them all right grandson opened them while I was gone. 

Thank you ladies they are beautiful....blue/green theme did you all conspire to do that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panda
« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2008 01:49:08 PM »

quick note phone company working on lines.....so I have not had good service....  Should be fixed between now and wed 8.30pm.....company is oh so wonderful...not.

Group 1
woobie- received
Elphalba-received
michelleames-received
Linda P-received
panda-I do not count......LOL
maezen-wait to receive

I received all of mine except Maezen's.
However I have had a Dotee crisis- I repeat a Dotee Crisis....

I had all of the 4 dolls I have received so far in their packages so that when picture time came Id know who sent which doll ( I have a horrid memory) anyways one of my teenagers took them out of the packages to look at them, then left them out & our puppies attacked and ate one of my poor dotee dolls!
The dolls that survived the ordeal are Woobies ( I remember hers cause it came first, a blue one with beads and one with a white leather face.( Wich I think was Michelle's?) The one that didnt survive was one that I loved the colors and had adorable little button earrings. Im sooooo sad. I cant even do a proper dotee burial as the only thing that remained was a few beads and a red button earring. :-(
Anywhoo- when Maezens doll arrives I will post pictures- minus one doll. The dolls are great.

Hopefully everyone likes my dolls and the stamp & acrylic stamp blocks I sent with my packages.I thought the little stamp designs were soooo funny! The dolls were a blast to make however since I painted the flower faces they took a while longer to do than I had anticipated  however I was happy to have gotten them mailed on time. lol Isnt that how it always works when crafting? lol
Hugs
Elphie

I made the one with the buttons ear rings..........thank goodness I have the picture.  I will try to get you another one soon.  I would post picture but it is in group shot, not sure if everyone got thiers' yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linda P
« Reply #233 on: July 08, 2008 04:52:17 PM »

quick note phone company working on lines.....so I have not had good service....  Should be fixed between now and wed 8.30pm.....company is oh so wonderful...not.

Group 1
woobie- received
Elphalba-received
michelleames-received
Linda P-received
panda-I do not count......LOL
maezen-wait to receive

I received all of mine except Maezen's.
However I have had a Dotee crisis- I repeat a Dotee Crisis....

I had all of the 4 dolls I have received so far in their packages so that when picture time came Id know who sent which doll ( I have a horrid memory) anyways one of my teenagers took them out of the packages to look at them, then left them out & our puppies attacked and ate one of my poor dotee dolls!
The dolls that survived the ordeal are Woobies ( I remember hers cause it came first, a blue one with beads and one with a white leather face.( Wich I think was Michelle's?) The one that didnt survive was one that I loved the colors and had adorable little button earrings. Im sooooo sad. I cant even do a proper dotee burial as the only thing that remained was a few beads and a red button earring. :-(
Anywhoo- when Maezens doll arrives I will post pictures- minus one doll. The dolls are great.

Hopefully everyone likes my dolls and the stamp & acrylic stamp blocks I sent with my packages.I thought the little stamp designs were soooo funny! The dolls were a blast to make however since I painted the flower faces they took a while longer to do than I had anticipated  however I was happy to have gotten them mailed on time. lol Isnt that how it always works when crafting? lol
Hugs
Elphie

I loved all my dolls.. I did not mention the extra's, just in case someone had not gotten theirs yet..  The stamp is too cool.. I will try to get up in time to take photos of all my wonderful dolls together.. they are hanging out together.. planning on what their sisters will look like for the next round.. I have gotten so many new ideas.. they keep rummaging through all my fabric and bits when I am not watching... (how else could all that fabric keep getting out?)
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2008 06:35:57 PM »

Just for fun, I thought all you Dotee-lovers and makers would enjoy seeing how inspirational your creations are...I am a preschool director and teacher and I have been showing the Pre-K kids the dolls I made and the ones I have received.  They have been sewing - pillows and felt donuts - and felt ready to try a dotee. So here is Lola's interpretation. She's 5-1/2 years old and drew her design first and cut out many of the pieces herself also.  I just thread the needles and switch colors of floss.

(I have the artist's permission to post. Hope this is okay, just wanted to show off!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in late August
Fall Dotee Swap - Sign ups NOW!
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2008 06:39:28 PM »

I'm hitting "This Rocks"! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2008 06:56:59 PM »

I love it when the kids get creative, thanks for encouraging it.  She did a great job on balancing colors too Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Linda P
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2008 08:49:36 PM »

What a great job!  I love to see kids crafting.. Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2008 09:13:36 PM »

Awww Panda that was so sweet for you to offer to make me another- but I don't want you to have to do that- it wouldn't be fair. Besides being totally bummed my dogs went all dotee cannibalistic on me, I felt bad because I wouldn't be able to post a picture of yours in my group shot I plan on taking when Maezen's arrives.
Since you took pics of them, If you wanted to just post a picture for me that would be great. :-)

Oh yeah- I posted a new swap if anybody is interested in joining. It is for Beaded art doll kits. The only thing you have to make is a blank doll form and a face & include beads, misc. in a kit. Check it out!!! PS you can see an example of a finished beaded art doll that I made a while back here :  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=168234.msg1787545#msg1787545 :-)
Hugs
Elphie
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008 09:15:39 PM by Elphalba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pop into my Blog and say Hi!
http://pumpernickelandrye.wordpress.com/

Non judgement day is near.
goodnorevil

First name: Neither

« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2008 12:53:01 PM »

Everything electronic hates me this week - anything more technological advanced than a fork is refusing to work for me. Ah well, at least I have sweet dotees to ease the pain!

So here are some supremely crappy photos of wondrously beautiful things (sorry for the florid prose today...):

this is a wild batik dotee from bertaberta -

crazy curly yarn hair and an amazing face -

isn't that face great? i love her little seed bead eyes - they really give her some extra depth.

and here is a swank red velvet dotee from craftydame -

the face is printed on fabric? i'm not sure exactly how that worked, but she's gorgeous. Kind of demure, but like she's about to do something rather naughty.  Grin
lots of sequins, beads, and a heart lock and key. Too sweet!

I'm going to try and get a full length shot and add it on. Keep your fingers crossed! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008 12:54:22 PM by goodnorevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science is crafty too.

http://www.wists.com/goodnorevil
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Magnolia Bakery Strikes Balance Between Sweet and Smart
Healthier Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
Chef Graham’s Apple Tart Recipe
How to Make Funnel Cake Hot Dogs
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...