A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 301,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotee Doll Mini Art Doll Gallery  (Read 34780 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008 08:57:40 PM »

Aww, thanks.  She was really tired today, hence the baggy under-eyes.  But she's still an extreme cutie pie.  You can sort of see her head full o' curls.  She gets them from her dad.

I am going to use polymer faces on my next set - for the next round - I think.  I bought that push mold, and I would like to make my own molds, but I'm going to have to buy the compound online because I can't find it in ANY of the craft stores I've checked the past few days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michelleames

August 6, 2005

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008 08:27:46 AM »

When I got home at 10:30pm last night, there was a cute little package on my pillow from Linda P. (My husband thought I'd want whatever it was as soon as I got home, and he was right!)

It's the most adorable little dotee with an embroidered face and beading, and a lovely lave necklace. I was too tired to take and post pics last night, but will do so as soon as I get home today so you all can see how adorable she is!  I've decided to name my dotees after the crafters who create them, so I'll post Dotee Linda later!

Thanks Linda P!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008 09:23:40 AM »

Can't wait to see it!  And what a great husband, so thoughtful. Smiley

I wondered about names too.  I had the urge to name the ones I made, but resisted, thinking the recipients would be the right person to do so, if they want.  But I have a feeling that all of my little dolls will end up with names (the ones I keep for myself or recieve from others), so I'll have to craft little "hello, my name is..." tags for them. Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Linda P
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008 12:41:47 PM »

Jenicat... She is so cute!  I am glad she liked her little doll..  You do not have to send me one in return, but if you have to, I will love her!

I am so glad you liked her... They are such fun to make.. I still have one to send.. I just love her so much! 
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woobie
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008 03:14:30 PM »

I received from Linda P, too!  What fun to come home from work and have a package waiting.

Isn't she sweet:

She has a tiny bead heart and a sparkly necklace.

Thank you so much, Linda.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008 04:02:01 PM by woobie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008 04:50:38 PM »

soooo pretty! i love that fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008 05:06:53 PM »

Oh I love the golden face and the expression is so sweet. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008 09:37:57 PM »

Linda P's dotees have made me want to get an embroidery machine... Brother has a newer one that looks AWESOME but of course the closest place to get one is half an hour away, they are only sold in stores, and they cost a fortune.  Smiley  It may take a few years, but I WILL have it!  Like I need any more crafting things... at all.

So my dolls are all packed up and ready for their trip to the post office tomorrow afternoon!  Or maybe even morning!  I can't wait for everyone to get them.  I hope you all like them!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linda P
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008 03:50:36 AM »

I do love it!  Some of my dolls were done on it, and some were not.  I had made the little pink doll a couple weeks back, and did not finish her.. she was just smiling up at me when I would type.  Now I know why I made her.  I also digitize.  (which means I can create my own designs)  That part is even more fun!  I design paper dolls, hand puppets and finger puppets for a group that sends them to children all over the world.  I really enjoy that. 
When I bought my machine (ok, finaced FOREVER) it cost more than my car at the time.  I just fell in love with it... It is finally paid off... and my car does cost more than my machine now... (a sign that things are going better)
It is nice to be able to put a name on a shirt, or bag.. most of my swaps have something embroidered in there... Well, off to work!
Linda P Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008 12:19:26 PM »

I was up until 6AM working on something for another swap, so I haven't made it to the post office yet, but I will ABSOLUTELY be sending out today.  I'm gonna send my group a mass PM with their DCNs, if that's OK with everyone (I figure we all have each others' addresses anyway, so it's not like I'm giving away secret information Wink)!

In the meantime, here is a teaser pic!  The circle part was done by taking the dolls, laying them out in a circle, and then cutting out a center part of the pic that doesn't give too much away!

Linda P., your doll is included in there but I'm not using a DC slip on your package - just so you know. 

And also I've never shipped to Canada and tried to use DC.  I've heard it's not available to other countries, but I'm not sure if that applies just to overseas countries or to ANY other country - it makes sense that it would apply to any country, since we no longer have control over the packages once they leave the USPS, but I am not experienced with that, so if I don't use DC on my two group members from Canada, I'll also include a link to the scanned receipt in my PM.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look: 3 Ways To Wear Leather Pants
Are Outlet Stores Really a Bargain?
How to Wear the Crop Top
How to Wear Bold Prints for Fall
High Street Edit: 3 Topshop Outfits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...