A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
302 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What color is your couch? (six pictures)  (Read 10121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AGFH
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008 07:58:20 PM »

I would go with the blue if it were me. The color justs jumps right off the wall.
To me the tan is way too boring, but that is just my taste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was off to save the world....until I was distracted by something shiny.
SpinVixen
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008 08:47:02 PM »

I vote a deep eggplant purple or a deep sage/warm green. Something in a heavier weight (like an upholstery grade farbic) with a bit of texture to it! JoAnns often has great upholstery fabric in their flat-fold section! I got this awesome deep purple for 4 bucks a yard! I think those colors would also work well with the tones that you have in your room. You can always still pull colors from the paintings and frame them in black, too! That's my personal opinion! Of the fabric you showed I would choose the tan and grab some awesome pillows and a throw. If you ever want to change it up, you wont be stuck with a bright blue couch!  good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

::if i had a nickel for everytime i got in a fist fight during a chick flick::
M Fox
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008 10:47:02 PM »

I hope you don't mind, but I thought of some ideas, and, since a picture is worth a thousand words Grin, decided to work your photos into Paint.
I put black frames around the artwork.
I painted your chairs black, and rehupolstered in an orange shade (pick something that wil go with the blue)
The colors you see on the curtains are just panels of the fabric, leave the tan curtains up to tie in with the tan couch.
Pillows all over to coordinate.
I added in the 2nd black bookshelf
I moved the clock and put only 4 paintings over the couch gives it a cleaner line, and leaves you with the remainding painting to place around the room.
I like the blue sofa, and it goes well with the tan couch and the brown rug
I painted the trim on the clock black.
I chose black accents since you have a black table and bookcase(s)

I hope you like it, and that it helps you decide which direction to go in.
And I had some fun with it, too!  Grin Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ica171
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008 08:08:51 AM »

I like what you've done, M Fox.  I actually have some orange fabric (the kids' room is done in blue, green and orange too) that I could use for pillows.  And I like the idea of the pictures around the room instead of all over the couch. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meeshbaze
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008 01:42:08 PM »

We have a very neutral house, so we just purchased a sofa for our family room in a "fun" color:  chartreuse.  I can't wait to see what it looks like!  I think it will look cool on the chocolate brown carpet that we have to live with.  The room is also a play area with toys, so I wanted something fun.  We went more neutral with the living room, but a light neutral:  bone.  The off-white upholstered furniture will sit on an off-white shag rug.  So it will be neutral,  but modern and bright.  I just got rid of two taupe sofas.  They looked great, but I was getting bored.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"carry on!  make it work!"
3RaysOfSunshine
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008 04:55:46 PM »

I posted our couch a while ago... Eggplant purple is more versatile than you'd think! You can't go wrong with neutral of course, but I get comments on this all the time because it is a bit different.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=157821.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ica171
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008 06:52:36 PM »

I do like the eggplant.  I was at a thrift store this weekend and saw this beautiful couch, kind of a Victorian shape like 3RaysofSunshine's, but it had this fuzzy needlepointed pattern on it that was roses and leaves.  Bright colors, it was definitely good retro.  If it hadn't been $100 I think I would have bought it.   Grin

My sister is talking now about replacing her furniture and she would give the old stuff to my mom, who would give her old stuff to me.  Her stuff is neutral, although it might be a bit big for my living room.  I'll have to think about it--big furniture might be a good trade off for not having to reupholster a couch again. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meeshbaze
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008 09:13:33 PM »

Eggplant is way cool!  I painted a previous kitchen in a house I renovated and sold eggplant and got SO many compliments on it, and even had friends ask me for the swatch so they could paint theirs the same color.  It is really striking, but also elegant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"carry on!  make it work!"
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008 01:44:16 PM »

When I first saw the picture my mind said "Dark Red!" But I think a jewel tone works better than bright colors. I think a sapphire or an emerald would work well. That blue that you have just seems too bright for my eyes. It really does stand out, but with a large piece of furniture, it already claims a lot of eye attention. It might draw away from your other decorations, a little over powering.

I would cover the throw pillows in another fabric that goes, but isn't the same, maybe something that pick up from another piece in your room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Eight Pointed Star
How to Fold an Origami Six Piece Lotus Flower
How to Fold an Origami Box with a Lid
How to Fold a Paper Football
Christmas Origami - Folding a Dove
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...