A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,907
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bill Cosby sweaters  (Read 612 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knitty_kitty
« on: June 06, 2008 11:49:59 AM »

There are three of Bill Cosby's sweaters for sale on E-bay.  They are all starting at $5,000.  Hmm, I wonder why there have been 0 bids so far.... Wink

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bill-Cosby-Worn-Wardrobe-Sweater-from-The-Cosby-Show-2_W0QQitemZ170225285195QQihZ007QQcategoryZ18841QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creepyhugger
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008 01:01:52 PM »

that's hilarious!  i thought you were going to be asking for patterns for bill cosby sweaters...

$5,000?  crazyness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kelliz
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008 04:22:39 PM »

They sure are ugly, aren't they?!  They were even ugly back then when I watched the show!  I hope they do sell though, since it's for charity.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jamie and the full effect

"Don't learn to believe. Learn to think!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008 07:15:02 AM »

oh man i though maybe you had a pattern too lol. i would knit one and then eat a jello pudding pop. ...and then let my cat sleep on it. Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008 07:40:28 AM »

That particular sweater is VERY ugly, but I rather liked some of the ones he wore.  It's nice to see a guy with some imagination in their wardrobe!  Most of his style seemed more tasteful then that particular example though.  I'm not surprised nobody wanted it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitty_kitty
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008 10:34:55 PM »

that's hilarious!  i thought you were going to be asking for patterns for bill cosby sweaters...

For sure, if anyone has a pattern for just about any sweater he wore on the show, I'd take it...maybe even buy it.  Not for $5,000 though.  I wondered for a while now, even before the auction, if I would be able to watch a show and duplicate a sweater.  I haven't gotten ambitious enough to try it yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008 11:14:20 PM »

He had put up 3 sweaters, all starting at a price of $5000.  They should have taken a clue from OTHER charity auctions.  They start out at a ridiculously low price (99 cents) and that gets an excited buzz going.  Before you know it the bids are right up there.  The reason why it's smart to start out lower is it creates a "demand" and "interest" in the item.  I mean I might have bid on a sweater because I LOVE the Cosby show.  I can't justify bidding $5000 on  a sweater that NOBODY has even shown any interest in though! 

I didn't even hear about this auction until I saw this post.  The actions were over by then.  That's the other problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Tips For Oily Summer Skin
How to Take Your Makeup Off
3D-Printed Makeup Is Ready To Transform Your Beauty Routine
The Latest Eye Makeup and Eyewear Trends
Spray Tanning Stars
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...