A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 9: Midsummer Masquerade Gallery!  (Read 46557 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2008 08:39:10 AM »

LOL. One of my friends licked a body scrub she had cause it smelled really good.. Needless to say, it didn't taste as good as she was hoping. ha ha. Wink I've been tempted to do the same, don't feel too bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2008 03:56:22 PM »

yes! yes! yes! (dance) I have good internet again!!!!!! I can see pictures again, and check the new hot topics again, and post pictures of my package!!! I am uploading them now
and will post them tonight because I have to go to theatre to a dance festival of my nieces
I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mirchita

« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2008 03:03:30 PM »

well, my internet is not going as well as it must be Sad I spend the half of last night trying to post the pictures of my first package, and never get it ... so I am going to try again....

do you remember that my package arrived exactly the birthday of my daughter? and the next day was my son birthday too  Grin and that box contained just stuff for them, that was soooo awesome, here are the first pictures, I let my girl open it as a birthday gift ...

yes, we were at a restaurant  Wink

and here are all the items together...

here you can see my daugther's gifts:
delicious, and I mean DELICIOUS soft candies, cute "My little pony" stickers, Hanna Montana pencils, and HM notebook (she loves Hanna Montana, and ponys) and the beautifull crocheted bag! ( I dont want her to use it haha she is going to get it dirty!  Cheesy) and also a Hanna Montana necklace that was in her neck in the picture moment (I show it in other picture)

close up of the stickers :3

close up of the bag, look that the notebook fits perfectly in it :3

I gave her at her party a Hanna Montanna doll, and my mother throw an incredible Hanna Montana guitar!!! so she is going to go to guitar classes soon, and the music notebook also fits in the bag  Wink so, she is anxious to write some notes with her HM pencils  Grin

here are my boy`s stuff, I think I missed something in that pic , but it was impossible to get his stuff without he taking it, running away and yelling MIIIIOOOOO!!!! (mine)
boyish treats, cars fabric, cars stickers, and the over cute crocheted Peep (from Peep and the big wide world, I seriously LOVE that cartoon) and the HM necklace...  Now I can see, that there are not the both cars.. I will look for a picture of them...

CLOSE UP OF PEEEEEEP!!!!!

here you can see the Tonka truck, and how does he love it!  Grin and I will search for a picture of the other one...

Thankyou very much NerdyCrochetGal!!!  Kiss I love you so much, and I hope you like my package as much as we like yours, by the way, it is finished now, but I think I have to wait for some money to send it  Undecided  luckly I wait for  some cash soon...

edited:

here is the other car Smiley

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008 03:35:20 PM by mirchita » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2008 07:10:42 PM »

Wow! What spoiled kiddos!
Great stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mirchita

« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2008 10:07:28 PM »

I KNOOOOOOW!!  Grin can you beleive, she sended ANOTHER box with stuff just for me!??   Roll Eyes I am waiting it   Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iheartcapnhook
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2008 12:09:53 PM »

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff155/mirchita/DSC04047.jpg
CLOSE UP OF PEEEEEEP!!!!!

Thankyou very much NerdyCrochetGal!!!  Kiss I love you so much, and I hope you like my package as much as we like yours, by the way, it is finished now, but I think I have to wait for some money to send it  Undecided  luckly I wait for  some cash soon...

PEEP!!!  Oh how I love him!!! Where is Quack and Chirp?  That show is seriously one of my favourite and I watch it even when the kids aren't around!!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008 02:21:27 PM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2008 05:24:21 PM »

It seriously makes me so happy to see how much your children enjoyed their goodies!! I am so glad your internet is working again, and I hope the package with stuff just for you makes it there any day now.. I sent it out like 3 weeks ago.. Stinks that things get stuck in customs sometimes! I can't wait for you to get the package of stuff just for you, I get so anxious when I am waiting for my swap partner to receive. LOL. Cheesy I am so glad that you liked Peep. He was so much fun to make. (and I was going to try the other two, but couldn't find soft yarn in the colors I wanted, and I DID NOT want to make crocheted stuffies out of scratchy yarn.)

Cheesy Such cute pics. I am so glad they liked the items I picked out for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2008 05:27:16 PM »

So!  Color me spoiled in blues and greens!  My neighbor received this box yesterday and brought it to me at the end of the day.  I was shocked as it somehow made it clear across the US in just 2 days!  I stared at it a bit, thinking that I should maybe wait until mimiw's package was at least in her region.

Well after a couple of hours (maybe 10 minutes) I thought, "heck with that!" and brought it to the nice, cool basement so I could really enjoy unwrapping it.

Here's the whole* package; photo taken in the crummy light of the basement:

I almost wish I could have recorded the audio of me unwrapping everything because I was all ooos and aaahs and squees and gasps as I took each piece out of the tissue and examined them one by one.  I could've made a how-to for bridal showers or something except mine were all completely genuine and no one was here to hear them except free-loader cats.

The basement light wasn't doing these lovelies justice so I moved out into the sun to shoot them, which also didn't do them justice. Mimi really read my bio, asked questions and checked out my wists and did a great job of making me things that I wanted and/or needed and in my taste.

A have shirt like this one on my wists!  I wore it when The ManFlesh was over last night for chillaxin in the shade with cards and cocktails and he got a kick out of it, saying that it had multiple meanings.  You see I'm a (naturally) buxom faux finisher.  HA!

And an awesome wristlet in awesome colors and awesome fabrics with an awesomely padded-ish wrist loop for my comfort and ease-of-use!  This is my favorite side:

No wait, this is my favorite side:

I can't decide!  I took it to brunch today and it worked out great and looked so cute sitting on the table at the semi-fancy, hip n trendy restaurant!  It will also go with pretty much my entire summer casual wardrobe as it's all greens, blues, purples and browns/tans.  I have to mention that it's lined with a dark denim and maybe has interfacing as it holds it's shape very nicely.  It's SO well sewn!

And finally the thread catcher for my sewing area!  I had to move back into the basement to my sewing area so I could show you it installed - I already caught some threads, too, because I had no shortage of them scattered around there!

You can see how nicely the fabrics she chose go with my paint in there, too, even thought the flash has the colors a little off in the picture! 

That's a nicely weighted pin cushion on the table that is removable with Velcro and full of magically delicious pins that she sent!  She sent many more colorful pins, but I was too excited to install them all right then.

(here's mimiw's post with better photos of it: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=257125.0 )
THANK YOU, MIMI for inviting me!  I sure hope you like your package at least half as much as I like mine!  I think the swap anxiety is now at maximum.  Arrrrrrgh!

*I received word last night that mimiw found a small that was accidentally separated from the herd!  More?  For me?  I am spoiled.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008 04:11:56 PM by TheMistressT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2008 06:42:43 PM »

Great package! That thread catcher is very nice and handy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2008 05:37:41 AM »

That shirt is so funny!  I love all of mimiw's patchwork.  She has a really great color sense. 
What a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Setup Preferences
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Create and Place a Catalog
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Customize Preferences
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Export and Share Images
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Develop a Module
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...