A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,041
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 9: Midsummer Masquerade Gallery!  (Read 44723 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2008  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bkrenning4

"Dance like no one is watching..."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2008 08:34:32 PM »

I saw some things on your wist I would love to make for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: September 14, 2008 03:28:09 AM »

I really think when you accept an angel you accept at the budget they are able to provide.  and I think really (at least for me personally) when I am flaked on any package in return from someone that was willing to send it without receiving anything in return is considered quite a beautiful thing for them to do. 

I'm a sucker for angel packages but I think if there was a budget set forth I would be hesitant.  I've been a crafter for a very very long time and have accumulated an insane stash of pretty much everything I could possibly need to make pretty much anything.  (minus the possibility of a notion or accent fabric/yarn/etc here or there) When I send out an angel package I do go and look and see if I can see what the recipient sent and I try to get a good feel for who they are and what they like and then I cater each and every item I make to their likes to the very best of my ability (like I do with my normal swap partners too)

I would think the etiquette for an angel request would be not to say spend $90 because I did, but I can completely understand how you feel. But I think at this point it would be a matter of you have recieved absolutely nothing in return for the time and money you invested into another, so any recoup would be better than no recoup at all.  But I would hope that you would get an angel that is a stalker. 

I definitely vote for requesting an angel, or if you can get a few people to split angel responsibilities that would work well as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

« Reply #622 on: September 14, 2008 05:07:22 AM »

GothChics makes a point perhaps it would be best to list the items that Pinky was supposed to make you and see if you can either get one awesome angel or a few angels. Just a thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: September 14, 2008 07:13:15 AM »

pseudo_pix, please pm superhooker about requesting an angel for you. She can post for one on the swap angel board, and I'm sure she'll be able to find someone to take good care of you.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #624 on: September 14, 2008 07:41:28 AM »

GothChic, thanks for your opinion Smiley I could never ask a person who volunteers to spend that kind of money hence the hesitation. And all three of you other guys - THANKS! It warms so much just to hear you say it ^^

That's actually a pretty good idea NerdyCrochetGal Smiley I'll just make the list here, you can just move it around if you need to.

1) Fabric to make such a blanket (made by fellow craftster) - we decided that it didn't have to be exactly those fabrics, but somewhere in that colour scheme http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/pixi-ixiq/clothies/crafsters/2383904017_5d0a7ab1e8.jpg
2) A jaw of whimsies
3) A pincushion like this (also made by fellow craftster)  http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/pixi-ixiq/clothies/crafsters/pincusions.jpg
4) A thingy like this one just with a cuscus or a cat on http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/pixi-ixiq/clothies/crafsters/EM1.jpg
5) A device to hang my jewelry. Fx. http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/pixi-ixiq/clothies/crafsters/2326080477_c25a5f50ed.jpg

Besides that we agreed she should find some other stuff to fill it up with. So it's totally okay with me if some of the listed things are swished with other stuff. It's okay if it ends up not being the stuff on the list. If I should say one of them it should be fabrics to make no. 1 the blanket. Mostly cos those kind of fabric is really difficult to get a hold on where I am.

I'll pm organizers and ask if it's okay and how we make it work.
Again, thanks guys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #625 on: September 14, 2008 08:18:26 AM »

I could totally do the jar of whimsies!
I've been hoarding whimsies for a while now just in case I get the chance to make a jar for someone.
LOL
Keep me in mind for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #626 on: September 14, 2008 08:59:09 AM »

pseudo_pix, I really wish you would wait and let superhooker handle getting an angel for you. As you know, FOC credit is given for angels, but not if they are "unofficial" like this.

superhooker is an excellent organizer. Please give her time to do this the proper way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #627 on: September 14, 2008 09:08:38 AM »

I have talked wit superhooker and she is looking in to it. I am not organizing anything, making any lists of people or anything. Nothing is binding here, I was just asking what people was thinking about it. And it's okay with me if this doesn't end up being a possible solution.

Please don't think that I'm working behind her back. As you said your self, she is an excellent organizer - I don't have to take that job away from her. I'm sorry if I've offended you and any other!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #628 on: September 14, 2008 02:48:11 PM »

I would love to contribute with it!, I think I can understand how do you feel about put that budget and effort and be empty hands now  Undecided

I've just did an angel package for a craftster in the Giant multi theme swap, and they did it like this, because it really was a BIG swap, and they asked about 5 angels for each flaked, and I must say that making in big and great in a sort of team was such an experience  Grin

I love everything in your list, but number 4 seems to be no problem to me to do and send,( I live in Mexico, and the shipping can be a problem with fragil items), so if it ends beeing the solution you can count on me for that  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: September 16, 2008 01:49:20 PM »

Ok everybody!  I've spoken with a mod about the best way to handle this situation, and it has been decreed that because she sent a very large and awesome package, it is ok to get pseudo_pix 2-3 angels.
 She is in Europe, so bear that in mind.  If you are interested, get in touch with me.

And just so you know, my computer is dead, so I can only check craftster once per day, so if it takes a day to get back to you, please understand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Ringflash Style Portraits on a Budget
How to Master High Key and Low Key Lighting for Fashion Photography
Sony Cybershot DSC-TX7 Digital Camera Review
Natural Light Photography
The Importance of Reading Manuals in Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...