A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Converse style bling shoes at a fraction of the cost! tutorial link  (Read 22177 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

momma2many
« on: June 06, 2008 08:57:43 AM »

I found these shoes at some of the high end boutiques in town and loved them but couldn't stomach the price tag so I figured it out myself take a look at my blog for pic and tutorial! just shoes, crystals and e6000 glue is all you need.  Now on to her pettie skirt!

http://trialsofafrazzledmom.blogspot.com/2008/06/bling-shoes-with-tutorial.html

thanks Anna

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011 09:58:24 PM by jungrrl - Reason: made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged

porfavoray
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008 10:18:25 AM »

Those are so cute!
I would wear them with pretty skirts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog
Etsy
wists

I would like to do personal swaps!
momma2many
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008 10:39:27 AM »

Thank you, I am making a pettiskirt for her today if I can figure it out.  black with hot pink ruffel.  I have been looking at all these boutiques and inspiration took hold.  She will have a high end wardrobe at a fraction of the cost!

Anna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasyvintage
the sewing lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008 08:24:55 PM »

You did an awesome job on these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage and contemporary patterns...

http://pandasewingboutique.etsy.com

modern classic weddings and clothing

http://fantasyvintagewear.etsy.com
momma2many
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008 07:15:24 AM »

I had just got into sewing and crafting for my little one and realized that I should have put them in the childrens section.  everyone that see them on her asks about them and I just cant get them off of her.  I am about to make her a few mor pair in difftrent colors.  every little girl needs some shoes to go with their cute outfits.

Anna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karmickaboom

You can be my flamingo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008 03:03:29 AM »

They are so ...wonderful! Could I pretty please ask...are those regular sequins on the toe? I wonder if I could get by with wearing some if my girls had them and it was a mother daughter thing...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008 03:04:04 AM by MrsMaier » THIS ROCKS   Logged

momma2many
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008 06:56:50 AM »

no they are flatback crystals there are several diffrent brands but the swaroviski are the best and give you the most shine the next best and alot cheeper are the korean glass ones.  I am thinking of makiing myself some to go with my daughters.  she wont take them off and wants me to have a pair too, lol I tell you what you need on my blog and feel free to ask questions.

Anna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

italia_rican_520

Crafting in the world of Deanna, Mike and Ariel.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008 04:01:03 PM »

SO CUTE!
Our local "marshalls" store had adult converse shoes on clearance for $10, I wonder how much the kids ones are on sale for?
I decorated my phone w swarovski crystals, using the same method and it held up through TONS of abuse!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momma2many
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008 09:43:11 PM »

I found the kis ones on sale at sears for like 14 bucks and Hobby Lobby had the crystals on sale for 2 bucks per pack so I stocked up on both! so when she out grows these she will have more, I also made a pair for her best friend per my daughters request.  I have not lost one crystal!  they have held up to daily wear been washed and still are intact.  She really loves them and goes up to perfect strangers (trying to discourage this) and says "look at my shoes"  She is so proud of them and they seem to be better than any toy I have bought her.  I will be making several more!  I just finiushed a pair of pink high tops with her name on one and a buterfly on the other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

italia_rican_520

Crafting in the world of Deanna, Mike and Ariel.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008 01:57:33 PM »

She really loves them and goes up to perfect strangers (trying to discourage this) and says "look at my shoes" 

Oh wow, this sounds like my kiddo! She's 6 and is just getting out of that "Everyone who smiles at me is my best friend" stage.

I love them for kids but I really think I need a pair, also! Thank u so much for the tutorial, with over 1,000 views, i'm sorry you didnt get more comments cuz' u definitely deserve them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Over-the-Knee Boots
Vintage Bowles - Nina Ricci at Chantal Dagommer Paris Shop
From the Vogue Closet - Pretty in Pink
Vintage Bowles - The 1980s Auction at Drouot in Paris
Jeanius - Florence Kane Fashion Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...