A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,365
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mei tai and a fabric high chair  (Read 1862 times)
Tags for this thread: mei_tai , high_chair  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atmomma
« on: May 06, 2010 06:32:56 AM »

I found several tutorials online for makeing mei tais and since my sister and BIL cannot put my nephew down I decided to make one. I used this tutorial http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/asian.html and was able to whip one up pretty easily. Now I just need to make another one for my husband's cousin, who is expecting a baby boy in Septemeber. Yay! I just love babies! On to the pictures!

This is just to show the ultra-reinforced stitching I did for the straps. I stitched around the edges of the strap (inside the carrier) and then did diagonal lines about 3/8 inch apart.
My sister with Q. I think the carrier came out a little big. I simply follwed the given measurements from the tute. I think I'll be changing a few things next time.

The man it was really made for. He really can't put him down. Not that Q wants to be held all the time but Daddy just can't get enough. He is such a good guy!

The only bad thing is that they cannot turn Q around in this. He likes to see the world but the carrier is so wide that his little legs just wont allow for it. On a positive note I was able to fit my 4 year old nephew and my almost 5 year old in it on my back. Thomas is about 45 lbs and as tall as a 6 year old to give you an idea of how versatile it is.

One more thing I have made is a portable high chair using this tutorial- http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html. It was great. Super easy to do but just enough work to it for me not to get bored.

Well, that was it for now. Please, tell me what you think. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010 06:33:42 AM by atmomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010 10:23:09 AM »

oh my, that brings back memories.  I remember my mom and aunts wrapping one of those around my baby cousin when I was a kid and having me carry her around in that, and even vague memories of my mom and grandmom carrying me around in one of those when I was a toddler!  Good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Face Drawing from the Front
How to Draw a Person
How to Draw Minnie Mouse
How to Face Paint a Fairy
How to Draw Mickey Mouse
Latest Blog Articles
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...