A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,664
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Usernames: Talk about Crafty!  (Read 81586 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

box of purls
« Reply #580 on: October 05, 2005 03:34:28 PM »

The glitter coffin idea occurred to me, too, but since I'm to be cremated.....  I think I'll just ask to have a pound of assorted colors of glitter mixed in with the powdery residue.    Hmmm... add Plaster of Paris, some water and make me a piece of yard art! 

I want to be yard art!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: October 05, 2005 03:38:56 PM »

haha this discussion reminds me of some weird site I saw on the internet, where supposedly this german bloke had art exhibitions featuring corpses in various ways. Not just generally corpses, but skeletons, skin-stripped bodies doing things... a sort of biology illustration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
box of purls
« Reply #582 on: October 05, 2005 03:44:24 PM »

haha this discussion reminds me of some weird site I saw on the internet, where supposedly this german bloke had art exhibitions featuring corpses in various ways. Not just generally corpses, but skeletons, skin-stripped bodies doing things... a sort of biology illustration.

That's interesting...I think I would like to see that like seeing a car crash...you know it's bad but you can't help but look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AstroZombie
Cryptozoologist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: October 05, 2005 04:12:08 PM »

Gunther von Hagen is the guy who does the art. I find it kind of disturbing, especially since there was the controversy over whether some of his bodies were actually executed Russian prisoners.

http://www.bodyworlds.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patriautism
« Reply #584 on: October 05, 2005 04:16:32 PM »

I've told my wife that, if I should leave this earth before her, I want to be cremated and have my ashes put in an old mason jar with some stick on 'googly' eyes on the front and a pipe cleaner antenna on top.  She flatly refuses...which means, I will be forced to haunt her from the grave.

-Sean  Grin

I vote for a groucho disguise instead. Great idea though. It would make me laugh every time I saw it rather than make me sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #585 on: October 05, 2005 04:27:05 PM »

Usernames? Well...in my "real" life I am a librarian. But I'm kind of a "different" librarian as I work with images rather than books. In library school we always talked about breaking down the "bun-wearing spinster nerd" image of librarians (they exist, but there are all kinds of librarians and "guybrarians" out there!). My favorite librarian is...Batgirl! Yep, in the comics batgirl's "day job" was a librarian too. So...to celebrate my superpowers...I picked Batgirl! I was inspired by this fun site: http://www.naughtykitty.org/librarian.html
If only I looked that hot in a purple catsuit! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
box of purls
« Reply #586 on: October 05, 2005 04:30:55 PM »

Gunther von Hagen is the guy who does the art. I find it kind of disturbing, especially since there was the controversy over whether some of his bodies were actually executed Russian prisoners.

http://www.bodyworlds.com/

hmmm...that is a little disturbing especially if the bodies were voluntarily donated..  I guess the best way to learn is on an actual human being, I saw there was link for body donations.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #587 on: October 05, 2005 04:51:59 PM »

Now I have Jeff Buckley stuck in my head..."Got my red glitter coffin, I just need one more nail". Bodyworlds is in Chicago right now, for any Craftsters in the midwest who are curious. I'm told it's more interesting than creepy in person, but I haven't seen it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
box of purls
« Reply #588 on: October 05, 2005 05:23:19 PM »

Now I have Jeff Buckley stuck in my head..."Got my red glitter coffin, I just need one more nail". Bodyworlds is in Chicago right now, for any Craftsters in the midwest who are curious. I'm told it's more interesting than creepy in person, but I haven't seen it!

<3 Jeff Buckley.
too bad I'm too far south to see Bodyworlds, it would be interesting to at least check it out and I think my younger sister would really like it.  I like the reasoning behind your username...and your username, batgirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krebstar5
« Reply #589 on: October 06, 2005 06:52:58 AM »

I can't resist commenting on Bodyworlds.  In the Edwardian period (thats like Jane Austen time, right?), they actually used these methods for doctors to study bodies.  I find it really interesting that this guy sees this process as art now. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog-
http://smalerie.com

Rule 1: To do rather than watch.
http://www.journeyofwill.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Fishtail Braid
Professional-Looking Blowout at Home
Hair Like Shakira: The Final Cut
How to Do Your Hair Like Shakira
How to Find The Natural Part in Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...