A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,320
Currently Running With Scissors:
301 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Usernames: Talk about Crafty!  (Read 88493 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

danceswthrabbits

boogie with bunnies!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2004 07:12:52 AM »

Smiley My partner, Skooter.  Ten years old and still dancing.   Smiley

Aaaahhh! there was a picture of my bunny there but it  went away.  But trust me, he's a very cute rabbit.   Wink
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004 09:01:20 AM by danceswthrabbits » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2004 04:14:39 PM »

Ok, I might be about to take the uber geek crown from Ice.  First, because I know the series of books too which Nynaeve refers, second because I know who Eccentrica is, and that her last name is Galumbits, and I could even tell you where she lives and how many of a certain body part she has, and third because of how I got MY name.

Oh sure, I used this name on EverQuest for the brief period of time I played it.  In fact, I've used this name on every website too which I've ever subscribed.  If you see this name, it's me.  

But this name goes back before the dawn of the world wide web, back into the dusty sands of time that were the internet before a graphic user interface, back to the days of old when we played games called MUSHs and MUDs, that were all text-based with nifty ASCII pics.  Back, in fact, to the golden age of internet, when it was the supreme domain of geeks and their brethren.  When a geek could log on and never once be told "c u l8r" even once during their stay.

It was in 1993, on a MUD called Elendil, based in Middle Earth, that I first created that person who is Lothruin.  It actually comes from the Quendi (elvish) to English Dictionary in back of the trilogy.  Tolkein never had a character named Lothruin, but I did.  Loth means flower,  -ruin means red flame.  My character was a red-headed elf, and her name meant red-flame flower.  And I have been Lothruin ever since.  I've used the name in D&D, in EverQuest, in Quake, on Yahoo, it is my domain name...  

[Edited to ad:]
Oh, and if you needed further proof of my geeky-ness, please see my avatar.  You'd be surprised how many people don't get it.  Maybe I've been surrounded by programmers for too long.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004 12:06:26 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2004 05:48:21 PM »

And so Lothruin has taken the crown of uber geek!  *Awwwhh* A beam of sunlight lightly reflects from the crafty jewels and marbles placed in the handmade twisted wire crown.   All bow to the ruling Uber Geek!  Glad to see you are off Evercrack long enough to enjoy Craftster.  LOL Grin  Good Name!

Anyone actually made a crown of crafty jewels and marbles?  Maybe I should try that for the next bachlorette party or Halloween...Here's a frightening item last 4 homemade costumes were all computer game or fantasy novel based.  Can I be in your royal court?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2004 09:18:11 PM »

True story, Nynaeve:  I only played EverQuest for about 6 months before I got bored with just running about killing things.  However, I am obviously going to elevate the geek status here, when I tell you I actually ended my relationship with my ex-husband over EverQuest.  Well, that and perpetual pot smoking.  At one point, we actually had to borrow our rent money from his parents because he spent $400 on ebay for ARMOR for his EVERQUEST character.  WHO DOES THAT?!?!?

I'm remarried and have a year old daughter now, so my time is far better spent than on EverQuest these days.  Craftster, on the other hand, is a wonderful waste of time.   Grin  

I've made crowns of lots of things, including an adorable crown of clovers (including one four-leafer) for my daughter:

And I've made LOTS of things out of twisted wire and beads.

I've never combined the two, though.  Maybe that should be another project for after Kit goes to bed.

And as too being in my royal court, I'm pretty sure that position is one that comes to someone naturally, and isn't my choice.   Wink  You either is or you ain't.  And my guess is, you is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bumblev

Happy Crafting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2004 10:15:01 PM »

Awh, she's the sweetest thing ever! Man, there have been too many cute kiddos on my daily reads lately...my husband's scared! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Designed to Plant a Smile!
http://www.gerberadesigns.com
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2004 10:34:28 PM »

Thanks, she is a cutie.  But that was back when she was still mostly bald.  She needed the clovers to pretend like she had hair...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bewitched

grab your glitter and your glue gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2004 11:13:18 PM »

lothruin -> your daughter is super cute! you'll have to post instructions on how to make those clover crowns. i have a baldy baby girl too Smiley

my username here is from the name of my business bewitched bath & body.
when my god-daughter was born almost 5 years ago, i got the nickname "aunt bat". i used it until i got pregnant with lily. since i was about to be a mommy, using the name "aunt" didn't seem to work anymore... so i've been using bewitched since last year Wink
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004 11:20:08 PM by bewitched » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cast your spell... bewitched bath & body
http://www.bewitchedbubbles.com
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2004 11:16:06 PM »

Bewitched, I can't see your pic, and I really really want to!

[Edited to include:]

Aw!  There she is!  She's adorable!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004 12:01:14 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

abricot
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2004 12:02:39 AM »

lothruin & bewitched you have such sweet little girls! Such smiles they have...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2004 01:46:47 PM »

well, about 3 years ago in sixth grade, my teacher made us choose an animal to draw and i was absent so i got stuck with the elephant the next day, but i drew the cutest animal, so then i hung it on my wall, and started collecting! now i have about 100 elephant things in my "Elephant Sanctuary"! But yeah, i'm just an elephantfanatic!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Lip Exfoliant Tutorial
Beauty Fix: DIY Lip Plumper
Beauty Fix: DIY Brown Sugar Scrub
Eyelash Extension Dangers
VF COLLECTIONS: Julien Macdonald - Fall 2015 - London Fashion Week - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...